MAC Pret a Papier Discussion

hil34

I personally like neutrals, so I'm definitely looking forward to this collection
smiles.gif

My list so far is:

Want the Most:

Sheertone Blush – Instant Chic
Paint Pot - Coral Crepe
Eyeshadow - Cut to Fit

Maybe:

Lipstick - Archetype
Lipglass - Fold and Tuck

Elusive21

Quote:
Originally Posted by GlamQueen21
Correct me if I'm wrong Erin. To those who are wondering what the Chromagraphic Pencils are is that it's a flesh toned eye pencil that you can use on your waterline. Think of the Stila Kajal Eyeliner in Topaz.

if that's the case then I will be buying one as soon as this collection comes out

abbyquack

Quote:
Originally Posted by AudreyNicole
Elegant, you have it already? I have been wanting it for some time, and figured I would pick it up with this collection, or before... So you like it? Do you think I would? Do you wear it alone or over lipstick?

I like this for those dumbed-down looks...like if I want to look like I tried a little, I just wear this alone, with no lipstick. It's a great, low maintenance look.
smiles.gif

gachapin_luv

Quote:
Originally Posted by AudreyNicole
Elegant, you have it already? I have been wanting it for some time, and figured I would pick it up with this collection, or before... So you like it? Do you think I would? Do you wear it alone or over lipstick?

Audrey, C-thru is a real old school nude l/g. All my friends bought C-thru at least once in their lifetime (no joke)
winks.gif
My paler friends (I think NW15-20) looked really good, so I think you can rock it. I am paler-mid range, and I used to wear it all the time(I used up 2 tubes) My friends used to wear it over Cherish or Myth. I don't remember which lipliner, though. Possibly oak? or test pattern? It's perm. you can test it tomorrow at the store
winks.gif
The only problem for me was too milky and uneven, but it was a "it" color back then. I don't know I want to buy it again since there are so many other l/gs to choose from.

gachapin_luv

Quote:
Originally Posted by purrtykitty
Yeah, I'd like to know what those Chromagraphic pencils are. One of those might end up on my list.

I know. What are they?
th_confused_new.gif
We all want to know.

LMD84

Quote:
Originally Posted by MissCrystal
th_LMAO.gif
th_LMAO.gif
for reals though ... i think mac is running out of ideas, they need to visit specktra and pay us to think up new collections
yes.gif
sneaky.gif

that would be awesome!
smiles.gif

laylalovesmac

Finally- a collection I can skip! Although, I might have to get Memorabilia. What can I say? I'm a COMPLETE sucker for purples.
tong.gif

Anyone who has Memorabilia: is the pigmentation good? I never know with mattes.
yes.gif

zerin

YAY for CORALS! I'm glad mac is now focusing more on corals...I've been waiting.
greengrin.gif
lol

So far on my list...

Instant Chic Blush
- Mid-Tone Muted Coral
Dressmaker, Dressmaker - Creamy Light Peach Coral (Lustre)
Made To Order - Creamy Mid-Tone Dirty Coral (Lustre)
Coral Crepe Paintpot - Soft Coral

LMD84

Quote:
Originally Posted by erine1881
its too thick, too milky, and too light. maybe its just me, but i find it to be
yucky.gif
!!!

exactly! i wanted to like it because so many people raved about it - but it's just not good at all on my lips!

Miss QQ

I tried C-thru before and didn't like it too. Too thick, too milky, too light is correct, on me at least.

Sophia84

Quote:
Originally Posted by MsWestchesterNY
this collection is not cute.
Come on MAC!!!

iagree.gif
What happened to great spring-summer collections like Strange Hybrid and Naughty Nauticals???? I miss those!!
cry.gif

LMD84

Quote:
Originally Posted by Sophia84
iagree.gif
What happened to great spring-summer collections like Strange Hybrid and Naughty Nauticals???? I miss those!!
cry.gif

i loved naughty nauticals! great lipsticks, glosses and pigments!
smiles.gif

Susanne

Quote:
Originally Posted by MsWestchesterNY
this collection is not cute.
Come on MAC!!!

werd.gif
But good for my wallet
winks.gif

Susanne

Ok, no C-Thru for me. I still have a mini version from the holiday collection. It is ok, but not my first choice.

Boasorte

Quote:
Originally Posted by Sophia84
iagree.gif
cry.gif

booo I wasn't into MAC when those collections came out. I feel like I missed out on all the good shit.
My addiction started at the end of 2008, but got full blown when HK came out!!! Seems like all the good stuff was from early '08 and before
cry.gif

Quote:
Originally Posted by Susanne
werd.gif
But good for my wallet
winks.gif

So true, I won't be looking forward to this one at all...

chickatthegym

^Same here Susanne. I have the mini one from the holiday set and still haven't used it up so I don't think I will be buying a full one. I like Underage much better... and Young Thing but that was LE
smiles.gif

Miss QQ

Quote:
Originally Posted by LMD84
i loved naughty nauticals! great lipsticks, glosses and pigments!
smiles.gif

iagree.gif
Naughty Nauticals
love.gif

Elusive21

Now that I've seen the new bigger pics, I am really intrigued by Memorabilia, Cut to Fit, and Gazette Gray. I can't wait to see some swatches of these, because at this point I want to buy either these 3 or all 5 of the eyeshadows.

And I am not going to get the groundwork paint pot at all. I thoght it would have some shimmer to it but it doesn't.

satin_yogurt

I like this collection.
tong.gif

I'm intrigued by: Instant Chic. Dressmaker, Dressmaker. Made To Order.
Fold and Tuck. Tissue Weight. Gazette Grey. Memorabilia. Brown Bag.

LMD84

Quote:
Originally Posted by Miss QQ
iagree.gif
Naughty Nauticals
love.gif

party mate was my first mac lipstick you know! i used to only wear gloss
shockt.gif