MAC PRICE INCREASE (8/1/11)

Mac-Guy

I thought that the price increase was pertinent to their LE releases....so sad its now on their permanent range too =(. Did the price of brushes go up too?

It would be cool if they updated their packaging on the bigger palettes to look like the new quads...with the clear covering so that you could see the pans. Then they would actually be worth $16 IMO.
Absolutely, a clear top would be absolutely stunning. I would even pay more than 16 bucks for a clear top. But let's not give MAC the idea that I'm willing to spend more money. :)

Nicala

Personally, I think there's A LOT of brands that are of better quality than Mac. Plus, I manage to get a lot of amazon giftcards so for me it's cheaper to buy from Sephora as MAC doesn't sell there (and if they are, its fake obv). Either way, I'd pay more for better quality items. Mac doesn't do it for me imo.

nuvit

here in my country (Turkey) the fix plus was 16 dollars but now it's 25 dollars can you imagine that ????

Copperhead

I just came across a receipt where I had bought a pack of 100 MAC wipes on 12/26/10 for $26 and I go to look on the website and they're now $28. $2 increase in less than a full year. I told my husband I might have to go back to using baby wipes.

Nicala

Tbh I don't see whats so special about mac wipes to justify spending so much on them. I use equate wipes and they do the job perfectly.

MAC_Whore

The economy probably has a little bit to do with it. Another thing to keep in mind is that MAC gives away or deeply discounts a TREMENDOUS amount of product. MAC MAs get 60% discount. In other words, an ES which costs you $15, will cost a MAC MA $6. MAC makes up for that profit loss by charging you the full price (and raising that when they need more money, thus the price increases). Aside from the discount, MAs get gratis with each collection. This is generally 4 or so products from each collection for free. The consumer makes up for that profit loss.

MAC provides samples or entire collections to certain blogs all over the world. You pay for that profit loss to MAC.

Additionally, MAC is known for providing a ton of free makeup and artists to fashion shows, film and other media. They do this for exposure. They disseminate as much product as possible for free to these folks so you, the consumer, get exposed to it and want to buy it. They say they don't advertise, but they do, They just don't do it in the traditional manner of placing an ad in a magazine. They do it by showing up at Fashion Week or in movie credits.

The expenses all trickle down to you, the consumer.

makeupbyleslie

15 dollars is way to much for me for an eyeshadow. I seriously can't afford that considering I'm a student and it's ONE eyshadow.

The economy probably has a little bit to do with it. Another thing to keep in mind is that MAC gives away or deeply discounts a TREMENDOUS amount of product. MAC MAs get 60% discount. In other words, an ES which costs you $15, will cost a MAC MA $6. MAC makes up for that profit loss by charging you the full price (and raising that when they need more money, thus the price increases). Aside from the discount, MAs get gratis with each collection. This is generally 4 or so products from each collection for free. The consumer makes up for that profit loss.

MAC provides samples or entire collections to certain blogs all over the world. You pay for that profit loss to MAC.

Additionally, MAC is known for providing a ton of free makeup and artists to fashion shows, film and other media. They do this for exposure. They disseminate as much product as possible for free to these folks so you, the consumer, get exposed to it and want to buy it. They say they don't advertise, but they do, They just don't do it in the traditional manner of placing an ad in a magazine. They do it by showing up at Fashion Week or in movie credits.

The expenses all trickle down to you, the consumer.

......you have the articulation of one seriously wise mind. :0

Latest posts