MAC Prime Focus Discussion

LittleMaryJane

I'm *sort of* interested in the pressed powder but something tells me it won't be any better for controlling my oiliness than anything else I've tried.

RayannaBanana

I've been using the studio careblend pressed powder to set my makeup. Does anyone think that it's worth replacing it with the finishing pressed powder? I've also wanted to try the MSF natural for setting make up but I don't know what to choose.

I really like the careblend pressed and I'm running low so I don't know if I should stick with it, try the new finishing pressed or the MSF natural. Any suggestions?

BeckyBenett

im interested in the pressed powder.. ive bn using the blotting powder to set my foundation lately. think i shall try this out when it is released..

BeckyBenett

hw is the loose powder as a finishing powder? i nd a proper one but i dont knw which brand has the best finishing/setting powder..

Mac-Guy

I've been using the studio careblend pressed powder to set my makeup. Does anyone think that it's worth replacing it with the finishing pressed powder? I've also wanted to try the MSF natural for setting make up but I don't know what to choose.

I really like the careblend pressed and I'm running low so I don't know if I should stick with it, try the new finishing pressed or the MSF natural. Any suggestions?

Well, the Careblend gives you more coverage, whereas the Finishing powder is translucent. It can give you slightly white cast if used heavily. I would only use MSF natural if you have dry/normal skin, as it oxidizes quite a bit on oily skin. I use the Finish powder as a primer for MSFs (the regular ones, not the natural MSF).

QueenOfSnark

Quote:
Yellow is probably more effective - and far more natural - to cancel out redness. Best is to get a sample and try it out before you buy it.

I'm quite wary about using yellow since I'm already VERY yellow-toned as-is....<_< I'll try it out regardless, but I fear I'll look jaundiced.

Edelmc

I am getting excited about this launch....I love the loose powder but find it messy so I will be all over the compact!
The skin fortifiers sound interesting....do they also prime as well as enhance? I love the prep and prime primer and was going to get the spf50 next so save on buying a separate spf. If these fortifiers enhance, provide protection and prime then it will save me buying another product!
I also love when new perm products are added to the line...I can get excited without fretting about having to pick it up straight away!

LMD84

i'm not fussed about the coloured primers but i will be buying the compact powder. the loose one was so messy but i did love it - this seems perfect :)

Mac-Guy

sorry I meant prep & prime powder vs blot powder!
The blot powder has some color to it whereas the Finising powder is completely translucent (white). You will get a bit of coverage with the former one, but the latter one provides no coverage at all.

Mac-Guy

Hmm, I wonder if the peach one would also work as an under eye circle corrector.
The yellow one will probably work better for that purpose based on the info we have (as the "peachy" one sounds more like a bronzer). Having said that, I don't think these primers will have a lot of pigmentation, but you can always use the P&P highlighters to prep your eye area. This will certainly work better.

Rezel

The yellow one will probably work better for that purpose based on the info we have (as the "peachy" one sounds more like a bronzer). Having said that, I don't think these primers will have a lot of pigmentation, but you can always use the P&P highlighters to prep your eye area. This will certainly work better.
Adjust is light, neutral peach, right? Recharge is the bronzy one. I've tried a yellow corrector (Benefit Lemon Aid) before but it didn't work for me. I read that peach may be used for dark under eye circles so I wanted to try it out. Been looking into various peach correctors but have only seen the Bobbi Brown one.

I've forgotten about the P&P highlighters. I'm afraid they're too light but I might check out Bright Forecast as it's also peachy coral.