MAC Prime Focus Discussion

BeckyBenett

I also use the P&P Finishing powder under my MSF - and sometimes under F&B - as I feel it smooths out my skin without adding any color. Especially as it is so white, I feel it can leave a whitish cast when used over foundations or MSF, even on light skin.
i wld hate a white cast on my face. esp when my face has a yellow/warmer undertone to it. it will look so unmatched against my neck. ill try your method and to put it under my foundation. i dont like using too much foundation as well. lately, ive only been using a corrector for my undereyes and moisturizer on my face, set with the blot powder to remove the shine. on days when i dress up more, i will use mufe matt velvet and set with blot powder again. im gg to try out the pressed finishing powder when released. hw exciting!

Mac-Guy

I'm NW20, so the white is not as apparent but I can see it being problematic on NC30+ skin. It is not ghostly white, but white enough to be visible. Try it out and see how it works for you. If you use a light hand, you will be fine.

BeckyBenett

I'm NW20, so the white is not as apparent but I can see it being problematic on NC30+ skin. It is not ghostly white, but white enough to be visible. Try it out and see how it works for you. If you use a light hand, you will be fine.
im an nc30 so ill definitely have to try it out. a light hand may be fine but the thing is i do need it absorb some of the oil so i cant layer too thinly. tt will mean i will have to visit a counter bare faced to try it. haha.

Rezel

Might look into Bobbi Brown's peach corrector again since you guys have good experiences with it.

LMD84

oh i need to try your technique! sounds interesting and i like trying new things with my makeup!

Edelmc

Ah when you have always lived in this weather its fine. I even find myself thinking in the summer that it will be nice when it gets colder so that I can light the fire and drink hot chocolate!

Mac-Guy

im an nc30 so ill definitely have to try it out. a light hand may be fine but the thing is i do need it absorb some of the oil so i cant layer too thinly. tt will mean i will have to visit a counter bare faced to try it. haha.
The Blot Powder might be the better option then as it absorbs oil well, is available in a variety of shades, and does not oxidize too fast.

paparazziboy

I am intrigued by what you say but don't completely understand what you mean. I use mac face and body, studio sculpt or Bobbi brown skin foundation dependent on the coverage I want and I usually set it with prep and prime loose powder or mineralize skinfinish natural. Could I use the technique you describe and if so, how? Thanks
i wear fix fluid my tick will work with any foundation powder or liquid i use the translucent powder as my primer for my foundation. i buff it in with a kabuki brush then i apply my liquid foundation with the pro performance sponge( beauty blender basically but the MAC version) then i apply the translucent powder on top of my pressed careblend powder then i apply it with a sponge as well u can really see the difference it the way the skin looks applied this way

paparazziboy

for darker skin tones i recommend getting PEACH SET POWDER from MAC PRO if you can it looks amazing on darker skin tones i also use it sometime to ad warmth to my face as im a s NW 20 to NW25

BeautyByLele

For darker skintones to you mean like NC45 and up ?? Im going to look into this. How would you recommend using this?
for darker skin tones i recommend getting PEACH SET POWDER from MAC PRO if you can it looks amazing on darker skin tones i also use it sometime to ad warmth to my face as im a s NW 20 to NW25

Mac-Guy

Ohh, I love the Peach and the Lilac one. As they are loose powders, they go a long way.

paparazziboy

yes for nc45 and up but u can also use them like i do on lighter skin tones to add warmth to the skin. i recommend using it with a lager puff and press it into the skin to set your makeup its amazing!!!

i have yet to use the lilac one!! do tell me more

Mac-Guy

I like it more in the winter. It looks awesome on NW15-20 skin as it illuminates and gives a wintery, yet not too cold glow to the complexion. The peachy one works better for the summer, especially in combination with bronzers. If you have a chance, try out the lilac one. I also had the rose one at some point, but it was rather translucent on me (though it was still nice). It's a nice alternative to skin-colored setting powders.

Mac-Guy

i just went to look for it and i cant get the lilac one any more :( it not on the site
That's a bummer. I bought mine a while ago, including two BU, and I'm on my second to last jar. I hope the restock by the time I run out. If it would come out as a compact, it would be even better.

Here are some pics:

It's a marvelous product for those with lighter complexions.

MrsB

[quote name="Mac-Guy" url="/forum/thread/176319/mac-prime-focus-discussion/30#post_2144145"]

Correct. I can't possibly be the only person doing this, lol.
yahoo.gif
The P&P FP is just a translucent product, which I use to prep my skin. It just smooths out the surface and you can apply any other product with ease. Having said that, when I do this technique, I don't use any other primer. This is really for those 95 F summer days, where you want a simple and quick fix.

When you apply it before using a liquid foundation (and I only use F&B), you have to make sure to really buff it out.

If you want a lot of coverage (anything more than what is considered "light"), I would not use this technique. I have to admit that I am a fan of "less-foundation-is-more," and I don't have to do a lot to my own skin to make it glowy and healthy. I understand that if you have acne scars or heavy pigmentation, you might want to use a heavier product, though I really dislike any kind of cakey look.

My only complaint about the P&P FP is that it is soooooo dusty. I really hate dusty compacts/covers/lids, so I pay extra attention, but with the loose FP, it is almost impossible to avoid it. Thus, I hope this problem will lessen with the pressed version.

A lot of primers that control oil, e.g. Lancome's Pure Focus, have a lot of powder in it, as a gel-to-powder or a cream-to-powder finish. Thus, simply using a powder (after a moisturizer) is just another way to create a primer.

I hope this helps.

[/quote] Thank you so much, this is so interesting! I love finding out new ways to do things - I'd try this out but last time I used the loose version I got cystic spots :( Eta: actually, if you could suggest a mac loose powder that's ideal for setting and priming as you described, that isn't famous for breaking those who are sensitive out, I would probably love you forever lol!

Piarpreet

interesting... how could i never see this? :O

That's a bummer. I bought mine a while ago, including two BU, and I'm on my second to last jar. I hope the restock by the time I run out. If it would come out as a compact, it would be even better.
Here are some pics:

It's a marvelous product for those with lighter complexions.