Mac Pro memberships in Aus?

boudoirblonde

Quote:
Originally Posted by billy_cakes
Clearly im stupid but i looked at the site and i cant find infomation on australian pro? it just says for the uk and us? do i have to email them for a special form or something???

Yep you have to email them, the email address is [email protected]

Quote:
Originally Posted by rockin26
I've spoken to a couple of MUA's at MAC about getting the pro card and the pro store told me all I need to bring in is my certificate from my training, business cards and ID. I don't have a portfolio yet but can bring in shots of my work but the pro store said I wouldn't need it.

Apparently you can only use the pro card at the pro store and not at the myer or DJ counters. I'll be going for mine as soon as my business cards are done and will let everyone know if I had any problems.

Yup this is true. It sucks
ssad.gif
You can also use it over the phone/online as well
smiles.gif

boudoirblonde

Quote:
Originally Posted by stella89
over here the discount is 30% for makeup artists.

if you're an actor or someone who is in the arts industry, you could send in a copy of your resume, a business card, a program from a show you've done or something like that. i'm pretty sure on the form it lists the types of proof you can send in. but ali is right, it takes bloody forever for them to sort it out as the actual cards come all the way from canada!! my student one took about 2 months, and when it finally arrived it had my name spelt horribly wrong - instead of gabbi they put baggi!!!! also you have to pay the fee again if you go from student to pro, there's no upgrade system which is lame.

does anyone know if you can use your pro card overseas? im going to LA in a few days and really want to visit the mac pro store there!!

Yep you can!
I see haulage in your future
graucho.gif
tong.gif

aussiemacluvrrr

Hey all,

I just read this whole thread and was surpsied to see how much trouble you guys have had getting the pro card!

I applied for mine only a week ago and got a letter yesterday saying I had been approved and my card would be sent out to me shortly!
greengrin.gif

I sent in a copy of my business card, copy of my certificate and my abn number for my makeup business. I'm certain you dont need to send a portfolio in or anything like that.

Also I have a copy of the Australian form if anyone needs it. Just pm me your email address and I can sent it to you. Its a PDF file.

And yes it is only 30% discount here (i say 'only', but really, 30% is amazing.. hahaha)

I am soooo happy to know that you can use it overseas! I am going to Hong Kong in December and they just opened a pro store there
greengrin.gif
MAC is already ridiculously cheap over there so with my PRO discount it is going to be haul time!!
greengrin.gif

Latest posts