MAC Prolongwear Paint Pots Collection (February 2013)

Pinkdollface

wow great idea! i normally just either put the top back on or leave it open!! i'd HATE for my Bobbi Brown gels to dry out.
ok so im new to the whole mixing medium world. i seen how mac has liquid n a cream one then one for matte finish...uggggh soooo much!! like which one is best for what?

from the pp collection the only interest i have is with vintage selection buuuuut i need to see a swatch!!
They have:
- a water based which is just your standard mixing medium to apply eyeshadows/pigments/whatever you want wet
- an alcohol based just for the body (I think this will last longer?)
- a face&body for duh face&body:p
- an eyeliner version to make eyeliner
- a lash version to make mascara's.
There also are the matte and shine mixing mediums and they told me they work well to create a matte or shine effect and not necessary to use shadows wet. For example they would use the shine on the cheekbones were you normally apply highlighter to create a nice shine effect. I hope this helps somewhat. I'm not an expert, but this is what I know about them. I only have the water based and eyeliner versions and really like those. I think those are the best to start with unless you want to do body painting or something.

AniBEE

Sound like their back!
Pro Longwear Paint Pot 18.50 US/22.00 CAD
Lets Skate! - Pale pink with pearlized pigments
Chilled On Ice - Frosted white gold
Vintage Selection - Frosted mid-tone peach
Let Me Pop - Frosted light copper
Antique Diamond - Frosted olive silver
Frozen Violet - Frosted purpled silver
Blackground - Black-grey with multi-colour
Vintage Selection sound nice but if it's the same shimmer ball formula I'll pass. I really want more matte bases. ;)

Nubile was to dark for me sadly but love of cream matte shade for us uber pale girls.

Rezel

Vintage Selection has fewer glitters than Let's Skate. Took photos for comparison. The blurred shot shows how much more glittery Let's Skate is.

BuickMackane

Thank you for the link!
flower.gif

Antique Diamond looks nice.

valkyria47

I think these are the promo pics:
http://blog.naver.com/PostView.nhn?blogId=maccosmetics&logNo=176447355&parentCategoryNo=&categoryNo=45&viewDate=&isShowPopularPosts=false&from=postView

shellygrrl

Staff member
All the promo pics are showing the 242 brush (synthetic), but yet the info says 247 (mixed fibres)? Strange. The only one that grabs me is Frozen Violet. But then I have a soft spot for greyish-purples.

veronikawithak

Looks like the paint pots are available online now: http://www.maccosmetics.com/product/shaded/154/1573/Products/Eyes/Shadow/Paint-Pot/index.tmpl

erine1881

Just added the two i don't have to my cart. Looks to me like they aren't a new product. Just colour additions and a name change??? :dunno:

shontay07108

I got Antique Diamond and Frozen Violet. Wondering how the other shades are different from the ones we've seen before. I'm out of the Mac loop so maybe I missed something.

ChosenOne

I find it interesting that they released so early online, and even more interesting that they're listed as p/p and not PLW p/p. I'm a little confused, but I'm not gonna spend too much time thinking about it because this collection is a skip for me.

Mac-Guy

I find it interesting that they released so early online, and even more interesting that they're listed as p/p and not PLW p/p. I'm a little confused, but I'm not gonna spend too much time thinking about it because this collection is a skip for me.
I'm always thrilled about early releases :)

Latest posts