MAC Quite Cute Discussion

ElvenEyes

I hope my order comes through alright. I got this earlier tonight. :(

Dear Valued Customer:
We are writing to inform you that due to technical issues that have occurred with our fulfillment facility, we are experiencing delays in the processing and delivery of some Overnight and Second Day orders which may impact the timely delivery of your order. If your order has already been delivered, please disregard this email.
We appreciate your patience and wish to assure you that your order will be processed as soon as our systems are back online. Please be assured that our engineers are working diligently to resolve this issue. We sincerely apologize for any inconvenience this may cause.
Rest assured, if your order is not delivered within the timeframe expected, a credit will be issued for the cost of the expedited shipping when your order ships (please allow 7-10 business days for the credit to post to your account). You will receive an email confirming your order has shipped with the tracking information included.
If you have any questions or concerns or if you do not wish to wait for the delivery of your order, please reply to this email and we will be happy to assist you. Thank you for your understanding in this matter.
I got the exact same email. I am trying to stay super calm about it. Ha..ha... But my order via MAC is almost like a backup because I already placed most of my order through Macy's (which arrives tomorrow) and Nordstroms (which sadly isn't due until the 112th, but still on its way). So I think I at least have 1 of everything I wanted. I hope. Gosh I hope these all come through. And that I love it all or they will find me not so keen on their limited edition stuff and I will put my pennies elsewhere.

UrbanSweetheart

I bought more then I was supposed :O
Lipstick : Candy Yum Yum - Playing Koi - Quite Cute
Plushglass: Bubble Tea , Girl heart boy , I heart U
Eye shadow quad
and the 3 mineralize blush !
I want Saint Germain but it's permanent so I can wait !
that's exactly why I didn't buy Saint Germain yet =)
For the longest time, though, I thought it was LE!

miribre

Quote:
I'll rave some more about Candy Yum Yum and Quite Cute when I get around to it - gotta go eat some dinner now. But suffice it to say - I hauled the HELL out of this collection, bought every LE lipstick and am crazy in love with all of them.

I love LE lipsticks!
yahoo.gif
Not that I could use them all up in my life time.
nocomment.gif
All the gals that posted pics wearing Candy Yum Yum look gorgeous. (wish you could have posted pics, Shontay! You probably made the gal happy who found your lippie. ) It just doesn't look the same on me. I will try to wear it with lipglass to tone down the neon. hehe...However, it was sold out along with Play Time at my counter.

My favorite lipstick is Play Time. I have to get used to Quite Cute. :)

freesiafc

I agree. I'm hoping I fall in love with the items I ordered. I'm still wanting MAC to come out with some gorgeous packaging like they have had in the past with other collections I missed out on before I got into MAC.

Hopefully everyone that got that email will get their items with no problem.

I got the exact same email. I am trying to stay super calm about it. Ha..ha... But my order via MAC is almost like a backup because I already placed most of my order through Macy's (which arrives tomorrow) and Nordstroms (which sadly isn't due until the 112th, but still on its way). So I think I at least have 1 of everything I wanted. I hope. Gosh I hope these all come through. And that I love it all or they will find me not so keen on their limited edition stuff and I will put my pennies elsewhere.

shontay07108

[quote name="freesiafc" url="/forum/thread/173299/mac-quite-cute-discussion/2550#post_2104247"]
It sucks that you lost CYY, I guess it's a good thing you weren't into it.

Do you think a lip primer would combat the skipping?

[/quote] It would have to be one miraculous lip primer. It was just yuck!

tismama

i ordered that one and im scared it will look ridiculous

I really want to know, for those ladies who have bought it: Is there a trick to getting Quite Cute to look nice and even? I love the colour, but it looks vaguely like I ate lavender paste.

ButterflyDior77

I picked up Candy Yum Yum Today!

I applied it straight from the tube, maybe two firm swipes. At first I thought "Petals and Peacocks" then I remembered since I wore P and P yesterday that CYY isn't purple/pink.

To me CYY is more Pink Nouveau, Pink Friday, Something New family of Blue-Pink-Brights.

I have inbetween light/medium pigmented lips with red undertones, and for me the lipstick pulled as a neon mildly blue-pink.

Nars Schiap stays a true neon highlight pink , no blue, purple, or red pulls or undertones.

In the end I still enjoy it muchly. I have a second one coming via macys order lol . I am not normally someone who digs pinks that pull blue , but I like the fact that it is a matte light on the blue-pink and that's unique enough in mac l/s to get it. They rarely do Matte finishes!

P.S. In some lights it looks more true neon pink, some lights slightly purple pink (that's why I thought of P and P), but most lights for me its a Neon Pink with a bit of blue pull.

LMD84

I really want to know, for those ladies who have bought it: Is there a trick to getting Quite Cute to look nice and even? I love the colour, but it looks vaguely like I ate lavender paste.
nope i still cant get it to work and now i actually will go so far to say that i hate that lipstick! lol!

laylalovesmac

Salina!
th_hug.gif
Your aunt is so sweet! I'll check Buffy next time I go to LUSH.
heart.gif

And big congrats to all the new advisors!
th_wink3.gif
th_thstars.gif

I still hope you'll find Candy Yum-Yum, Shontay!
th_cheerup.gif
Thank you! :)

And you should check out Buffy. I'm awful about putting lotion on everyday, and it leaves my skin so soft. Love.
eyelove.gif

Back on topic: I'm feeling okay about skipping this. There's nothing that's screaming out to me as something I need that I'll regret not getting later (cough, Pink Cult, cough), so I'm okay with it. And I ordered Pink Cult instead. :p On Monday. It's still pending. :( I'm kind of worried.

MACina

Liba....thank you very much for your post!

This is really an interessting point and might definitely be the trick to obtain the best result.
I will try it as soon as I get my goodies....

Hi all -

I hauled like a mofo today!!!

My store got a huge amount of products in for Quite Cute - there had to be 15 or 20 at least of each blush alone.

Just some super quick observations from an NC15 gal:

Playing Koi - I found the trick to take the quirks out of the application/texture and wind up with just gorgeousness: Apply it from the tube, not too heavily. DO NOT keep layering it on because it looks uneven or crumbly or sitting too much on top of the lip texture. INSTEAD, do this: after your one general layer, use a finger to PAT it down into the lip - the same trick I use when I apply concealer - you're using the heat of your hand/fingers to melt the texture down into the lip. If you pat lightly, it won't make it uneven. In fact, it smooths and blends the texture right into the lips beautifully and then it looks GORGEOUS. You can try a little gloss over afterwards, but you don't have to. I got a shit-ton of compliments wearing it today. I suppose you could use a lip liner all over underneath, but you'd have to pat it in a little more. After you pat it in, you can add some more from the tube, but only by DABBING it, rather than running the tube firmly over the lips. I don't have really crusty or cracked lips, so if you do, exfoliating and applying some balm a few minutes before so it sinks in completely could be helpful. This sounds like a lot of extra work, but OMG it is gorgeous when you get it on just right. DO NOT BE AFRAID GIRLS!!!!

Sakura/Giggly - yes, I totally see what the powdery complaints were about, but I think it's the same basic principle as Playing Koi - you need to have very well moisturized skin and then just get it right onto the skin. I think the texture and the color would get totally lost on skin covered with heavy foundation. Tinted moisturizer might be the trick. I just had Careblend powder on underneath on bare skin and it looked beautiful - very subtle but totally glowing. I am pale, but I do think that you could get the right effect even on darker skin if you don't have it sitting on top of anything that will prevent it from absorbing a bit into your skin texture. I think a colored primer would also be great to wear underneath - anything light that fuses with the skin. This way, it wasn't powdery. I tried it with a skunk brush and it was actually a bit trickier to apply with that instead of just using a 129, which made the color easier to show up without having to layer it on. However, these certainly look more like a powder version of a cheek tint, rather than a straight blush. If you're good with that, you will love them. I honestly think Sakura is quite similar to Azalea Blossom, but really a nicer effect than AB, since it's more of a glow than a straight layer of color.

Play Time - OH MY LORD - this is what I was wishing Style Curve had been on me, but wasn't and is like the more pigmented, grown up lipstick version of Revenge Is Sweet. On my red pigmented lips, Style Curve turned this sort of muddy lilac color with way too much pink in it. I didn't even buy it. But Play Time goes on perfectly, not quite sheer, but gently, not a heavy texture at all, and while it reads somewhat pinkish for a purple color, the shade is mixed just right without too much white but with plenty of blue undertones so that the color comes alive and glows with a brilliant pale purple cast when the light hits it. I adore complex colors that glow due to the perfect mix of real color, rather than just being lightened with white or darkened with black (my oil painting background is talking here). I am going to back it up. It's the cute, girly equivalent of Flaunting It, in terms of being a very sophisticated color that comes alive and changes depth, tone and intensity depending on ambient light. Colors like these are the sexiest and make your lips look delicious without hitting you over the head.

I'll rave some more about Candy Yum Yum and Quite Cute when I get around to it - gotta go eat some dinner now. But suffice it to say - I hauled the HELL out of this collection, bought every LE lipstick and am crazy in love with all of them. Totally sexy and sweet and perfect for young gals or older gals like me who want to trick everyone into thinking I'm years younger haha - i was getting rave compliments from random people all day.

Lambie_mac

I hope my order comes through alright. I got this earlier tonight. :(

Dear Valued Customer:
We are writing to inform you that due to technical issues that have occurred with our fulfillment facility, we are experiencing delays in the processing and delivery of some Overnight and Second Day orders which may impact the timely delivery of your order. If your order has already been delivered, please disregard this email.
We appreciate your patience and wish to assure you that your order will be processed as soon as our systems are back online. Please be assured that our engineers are working diligently to resolve this issue. We sincerely apologize for any inconvenience this may cause.
Rest assured, if your order is not delivered within the timeframe expected, a credit will be issued for the cost of the expedited shipping when your order ships (please allow 7-10 business days for the credit to post to your account). You will receive an email confirming your order has shipped with the tracking information included.
If you have any questions or concerns or if you do not wish to wait for the delivery of your order, please reply to this email and we will be happy to assist you. Thank you for your understanding in this matter.
I received the same email... Booooo :/

Pinkdollface

I'm wearing CYY again today! I'm so in love with it
eyelove.gif

Here is a picture of me wearing it. Of course the camera is unable to pick up how gorgeous it really is. It's much more neon looking in real life, but at least you get some idea of how it looks.

LisaOrestea

Got my order :D

I really like Quite Cute - mine goes on really evenly :| Maybe I got one from an extremely good batch, but it is REALLY even with just one swipe.

Candy Yum Yum is gorgeous swatched, I havn't worn it yet though.

Sakura is pinker than I was hoping :( I havn't tried it on yet but I was really hoping for more lilac with this.

Miss Behave is a pretty everyday colour. I wish the green showed more though.