MAC Quite Cute Discussion

tismama

you got some good stuff!!

I went to my local freestanding store at Nottingham today, where I was booked in for a appointment and I got all 3 nail polishes, the quad, candy yum yum, giggly, fashion fanatic from qc. I loved the look the mua did on me but don't think I will wear it out again.

tismama

thanks so much! i just took a look. i think i'll get the lipglass because the pigmentation looks really good. i have the cyndi lipglass, and the gaga 1 lipglass and lipstick. i love the gaga 1 lipstick. i've never tried a nude lip

Yes. I'm shocked at how much I like it, since it looks so brown in the tube, but I'm really happy with it. It seems to look different on everybody. There are shots of various specktrettes of different complexions wearing it in the swatch thread here:
http://www.specktra.net/forum/thread/156036/mac-viva-glam-all-campaigns/60#post_2103288

5ellenahc

QC collection is just adorable!!
i got Candy Yum Yum, Play Time and the eyeshadow quad
rasta.gif

i am sooo in love with Play Time that i had to get a backup, luckily i was just in time to purchase the last one *whew*

tismama

i'd love to see swatches. just wondering how playtime compares the the covergirl lip perfection in divine
QC collection is just adorable!!
i got Candy Yum Yum, Play Time and the eyeshadow quad
rasta.gif

i am sooo in love with Play Time that i had to get a backup, luckily i was just in time to purchase the last one *whew*

turns out there wasn't a lot of people in the glasgow area excited about this I was the only person there. I'm so embarrassed I was swatching the blushes and I dropped one and shattered it.

Playing koi is really not my friend the only way it looked half reasonable on me was really really blended out but then it loses the peachy tone that made it stand out and just looked like myth so left it. Play time and candy yum yum are amazing I left wearing candy yum yum (with a red checked shirt haha) and kept staring at myself in windows, if anyone's feeling apprehensive play time can honestly be quite wearable if applied with a light hand but still look unique and interesting. I got the quad the colours were much prettier in real life but I think I'll be using the pink as a cheek highlight more than eyeshadow and I think one of the sparkle eyeliners I have will be dragged out as a base, and sakura blush :) the other blushes just didn't stand out when i got my hands on them. Very sad that there wasnt a plushy/toy of the pirate bunny that was on the display
cry.gif
but I already have my hello kitty on my makeup table if mac brought them out regularly I'd run out of room for the makeup!

oh i bet you are!! don't spend too much money! hee hee!

shontay07108

I remember the two MUA's at Mac this morning mentioning how few lipsticks they received. I thought that was interesting. They send that particular store a crapload of shadows, blushes but skimp on the lipsticks. Aww, I see QC collection is up on Mac's main page and they have all these cute little buggers flying around.

Piarpreet

i ordered yesterday at 5pm and still no confirmation for shipping or charge to my credit card :( do they normally take this long????

and i LOVE the gaga lipgloss not so much the lipstick cos seems a lil too beige to me. but if put glodd on top it looks good. the gloss alone works cos is maaad pigmented. love it! i might get a back up later before its discontinued

my macy's stuff is on the way (sakura, cyy, and QC) and then my MAC stuff didn't ship yet (little girl type & ice cream cake nail polish & giggly). i wonder when the stuff from mac will ship out.

also have any of you tried the viva glam gaga 2 lipglass or stick?

Piarpreet

shontay!!!! ur cyy stpry made me sad :(
ive never lost a lippie but i could be heartbroken specially if recently bought. i was once really mad cos i bought a lippie and had to depot it cos my friend closed the tube without retracting the lipstick part of it. got smashed and broke :(

and those buggers r cute... i was just hoping i woudnt have to see gaga again.

and tell me how different it is fro schiap? cos i have schiap.... did i just waste my money? :(

Aww, I see QC collection is up on Mac's main page and they have all these cute little buggers flying around.

tismama

In my experiences ordering from MAC, it does take some time for the confirmation, and my card usually isn't charge the package is almost on it's way. I dont know why it takes so long though

shontay07108

[quote name="Piarpreet" url="/forum/thread/173299/mac-quite-cute-discussion/2520#post_2104183"]shontay!!!! ur cyy stpry made me sad :(
ive never lost a lippie but i could be heartbroken specially if recently bought. i was once really mad cos i bought a lippie and had to depot it cos my friend closed the tube without retracting the lipstick part of it. got smashed and broke :(

and those buggers r cute... i was just hoping i woudnt have to see gaga again.

and tell me how different it is fro schiap? cos i have schiap.... did i just waste my money? :(

[/quote] Thanks for your sympathy, Piarpreet. :) For me, having CYY and Schiap is a waste of money. CYY is only slightly different in shade do to the neon aspect of it. Like I said before, it's dry and goes on unevenly, unlike Schiap. Schiap is a gorgeous hot pink that maybe a matte, but feels like a satin, with no shimmer. Of course, you know this because you own it. I hope you love CYY and I hope you feel like it's worth having both. However, for me, before I lost it, I felt like it was the reject cousin of Schiap.

queen_kitty

aww, darn, I wish I had bought a couple more things from the MAC site, so I could have gotten the free pins for purchases of $75 or more :(

RealDoll

I took an early "lunch" and went to MAC and went a lil crazy and bought all three blushes, two lipliners, all the lippies, and all three nail polishes
mac_atemywallet.gif
But I never really splurge on collections like this so Im happy I got to enjoy this collection!

shontay07108

[quote name="elegant-one" url="/forum/thread/173299/mac-quite-cute-discussion/2490#post_2104134"] geesh, am I one of the few that likes Playing Koi???

HAHAHA - I just went to the mac site & theres little skulls jumping all over the screen
girlhaha.gif

[/quote] :lol: I keep trying to "catch" them.

5ellenahc

ok sorry if the pictures are too big or that the quality is bad I am new to this stuff...
thud.gif
sorry

so on the left is Candy Yum Yum and on the right is Play Time (also please don't mind the scratch my pitbull pup gave me)

Quad in Cutie

So yea i hope you ladies enjoy and get/got what you want from this collection.
I live in the Cayman Islands and I am not used to ordering from online and the whole shipping business. So as the MUA said to me when i got the last lippie when stock is done stock is done.

also tismama i don't have a swatch of the covergirl lip perfection in divine but i hope this somewhat helps

amuse.gif

Babylard

I didn't know there were going to be pins!

I got Sakura, Playing Koi, and Lady Justice Quad - LOL I've been lemming it for so long =(

Sakura and Giggly were quite pigmented from my experience. I liked Giggly too, but Sakura seems more unique. Giggly reminds me of dainty. I might go back for it, depending on how I like Sakura's formula. It is a bit chalky and not frosty like those grand-duos a year ago or even the ones with hang-loose etc. It isn't frosty as your typical mineralize blush.

Playing Koi is a pinker-peachy warmer myth, but less concealer-like. It is very pale on the lips and not as bright as when you swatch it. I can't wear it without lip erase or lipliner underneath. Someone asked if it was close to NYX's black label India. I will say no. India is much brighter and more neony-pink and much warmer and obvious on the lips. I'd say Playing Koi is more similar to NYX black label Nude, but not a dupe.

Candy Yum Yum was very close to Pink Noveau, so the bf didn't think it was worth having both. I am still lemming it, as it is more brighter. He liked Quite Cute, but it was so pale and ghastly for me. I can hardly pull off Blooming Lovely.

The Quite Cute quad was so meh.

5ellenahc

Quote: Originally Posted by tismama

i'd love to see swatches. just wondering how playtime compares the the covergirl lip perfection in divine

ok sorry if the pictures are too big or that the quality is bad I am new to this stuff...
thud.gif
sorry

so on the left is Candy Yum Yum and on the right is Play Time (also please don't mind the scratch my pitbull pup gave me)
ir

Quad in Cutie

So yea i hope you ladies enjoy and get/got what you want from this collection.
I live in the Cayman Islands and I am not used to ordering from online and the whole shipping business. So as the MUA said to me when i got the last lippie when stock is done stock is done.

also tismama i don't have a swatch of the covergirl lip perfection in divine but i hope this somewhat helps

amuse.gif

tismama

i know what you mean. i feel foolish for being so impatient and ordering from two separate sites. i should have ordered it all from mac and waited until today because lord knows i spent over $75! oh well... :(

aww, darn, I wish I had bought a couple more things from the MAC site, so I could have gotten the free pins for purchases of $75 or more :(

singer82

I'm feeling the same way :( I just couldnt wait lol
Good news is I got my confirmation, I'll get my stuff Monday YAY!