MAC Quite Cute Discussion

sonu

Okay I went to my MAC store and they were allowing people to B2M for the lipsticks. I want to get the lip liners but I will pick them up later since they are perm.

2browneyes - CYY looks very pretty on ya !!!
Which store did you go?? Valley Fair!! ( as if bay area has tons of store.. stupid question I know) just want to know how is QC doing there?? Was there too much of rush?? Anything sold out yet?? As I couldn't make it in the morning & have doubts about evening too. I ordered most of my stuff online but for few things I would like to go & check them in person.. I have been chasing this collection for so long. I also went to SF pro storelast week but I was late & it was closed.. ( I din't check the store hours)

katred

Specktra Bestie
I went on a bit of a peach bender yesterday, I think. Picked up In Synch liner and Miss Behave. I tried Quite Cute again but it still looked patchy. Strangely, I also tried Playing Koi again, with In Synch and I really liked it. I may still go back for Sakura, which I also liked. They were already sold out of CYY at the pro store. Still couldn't get into the quad... A little too pastel for my tastes. I hope they release Adzuki Bean on its own sometime, though, because that one I loved.

BeautyByLele

Hey I went to the MAC in Brentwood. I went first thing when they opened @ 10 and there wasnt a rush yet. But a girl did come in like 2 minutes after I did for CYY and they said they were sold out. I think alot of people pre-ordered or had this color on hold becuz if I was there when the door open there was no way it should be sold out two minutes later !!! I also went the SF Pro last week (on Fri) & they were sold out of CYY but the MA said they were getting more for today's release.

Which store did you go?? Valley Fair!! ( as if bay area has tons of store.. stupid question I know) just want to know how is QC doing there?? Was there too much of rush?? Anything sold out yet?? As I couldn't make it in the morning & have doubts about evening too. I ordered most of my stuff online but for few things I would like to go & check them in person.. I have been chasing this collection for so long. I also went to SF pro storelast week but I was late & it was closed.. ( I din't check the store hours)
what city do you live in ??

kiss

I am really really sick so I haven't been able to do looks with my goodies yet...except I wore Candy Yum Yum to the club and I really loved it! I put Almondine gloss on top.

I still want to see what Sakura blush looks like against Two Virtues!!!

tismama

my macy's stuff is on the way (sakura, cyy, and QC) and then my MAC stuff didn't ship yet (little girl type & ice cream cake nail polish & giggly). i wonder when the stuff from mac will ship out.

also have any of you tried the viva glam gaga 2 lipglass or stick?

katred

Specktra Bestie
my macy's stuff is on the way (sakura, cyy, and QC) and then my MAC stuff didn't ship yet (little girl type & ice cream cake nail polish & giggly). i wonder when the stuff from mac will ship out.

Yes. I'm shocked at how much I like it, since it looks so brown in the tube, but I'm really happy with it. It seems to look different on everybody. There are shots of various specktrettes of different complexions wearing it in the swatch thread here:

http://www.specktra.net/forum/thread/156036/mac-viva-glam-all-campaigns/60#post_2103288

elegant-one

geesh, am I one of the few that likes Playing Koi???

HAHAHA - I just went to the mac site & theres little skulls jumping all over the screen
girlhaha.gif

BeautyByLele

Awww that sucks !!! Check all your stuff to make sure it didn't fall into a different compartment/ bag or something !!!!!! I hope you find it. Did you get the liners ?? If so, what are you going to pair them with ??? I keep thinking about the liners (BB & IS) but im kinda of thinking they might be too light !
Kudos to all the woman who can rock that one. I'm not one of them.

xasperadastra

I'd like to know this too! I'm thinking about looking for playtime next week (when I'll have some money ) arghhh I'm becoming mad about lipsticks...it's really a problem
wtff.gif

sonu

Oh wow valley fair mac store refused to do pre order for me nor they were putting stuff on hold. Thank god I ordered mine online...I live in Santa Clara... Where are you located??

katred

Specktra Bestie
geesh, am I one of the few that likes Playing Koi???

HAHAHA - I just went to the mac site & theres little skulls jumping all over the screen
girlhaha.gif
Not any more! I'm wearing it today and I'm happy I reconsidered my decision not to buy. (I did it with really dark eye makeup. I'm wearing a black turtleneck and pants and I look like a beatnik.)

shontay07108

[quote name="Baby1black" url="/forum/thread/173299/mac-quite-cute-discussion/2490#post_2104135"]

hey shontay what did u think of playtime? i so love lavender whip is it close or similar?

[/quote] They're not similar. Play Time is much more purple. Lavender Whip is more lavender, paler. Play Time needs to be built up to look like anything, IMO. I'm just bored of that color. Mac does it too much. If you really loves colors like that, then go for it. If not, it's totally passable. [quote name="BeautyByLele" url="/forum/thread/173299/mac-quite-cute-discussion/2490#post_2104136"]Awww that sucks !!! Check all your stuff to make sure it didn't fall into a different compartment/ bag or something !!!!!! I hope you find it.  Did you get the liners ?? If so, what are you going to pair them with ???  I keep thinking about the liners (BB & IS) but im  kinda of thinking they might be too light !

[/quote] Boldly Bare is amazing. Get it! In Synch, you may not need so much. I put Strange Potion over In Synch and it turned out nicely. I have to see what else I can do with it. Boldly Bare is more versatile and can go with browns or dark corals. I'm thinking the glosses from Pret-A-Papier or A Different Groove from Liberty of London to name a few. It might also look great with Fun Bathing from To The Beach. Oh and I checked all over for that lipstick. It's gone, baby gone. Oh well, at least I didn't like it so I won't have to buy it back again. It just sucks that I paid for it just to try it on once. Ah, well.

Baby1black

i defintely like the lipglass more than the lipstick, at least on my medium dark skin. the lipglass is very pigmented. please swatch ur stuff as soon as u get it!

Baby1black

thanks shontay, i already have go for it,violetta, lavender whip, up the amp, cover girl divine. i think i should pass

mtrimier

the vampire bunny! lol! i need it in my life! hee!
now that QC is up, i understand the "cutepins" code on my order this morning.
now i feel giggly (no pun intended) to go look at stuff tomorrow.

BeautyByLele

Quote:
Oh and I checked all over for that lipstick. It's gone, baby gone. Oh well, at least I didn't like it so I won't have to buy it back again. It just sucks that I paid for it just to try it on once. Ah, well.
w00t.gif
Thanks, I will pick that up the next time im in MAC !!!

tismama

yay for QC being up on mac's homepage! i missed out on the free pins because i was too damn impatient lol

IslandSuga

Aw, Thanks!

Now I'm considering getting a back up on CYY but I'm trying to talk myself out of it... ALL I wear is different variants of pink/purple so I know its highly possible I could fall in love and use up the entire tube.. I'd hate myself. lol but on the other hand I may or may not enjoy it THAT much... decisions decisions.

Side note..I tried explaining this to my boyfriend (who would be the one picking up the possible back up from a free standing store) and all he had to say was "uhh.. whatever you want babe"
huh2.gif
*Girl Problems*
Get the back up of CYY! I wasn't going to get one until I tried CYY on at home. I LOVED it! I'm an NC45 and it looks great on me. I used Jordana's deep purple lip liner to tone down the lipstick and it looked fab! I also applied Format blush to warm up my face so my skin tone isn't competing with the lipstick. I don't have any hot pink lippy that is even close to CYY so buying 2 is justified lol. I was so surprised CYY isn't sold out on the mac website, I quickly ordered my back up
pompom.gif
. Giggly barely showed up on me and surprisingly Sakura did. Love love love!

I purchased:
CYY (2)
Quite Cute
Sakura Blush