MAC Quite Cute Discussion

shontay07108

Just spent too much money, as usual. I bought CYY despite my doubts. I see the flaws even on my hand when I swatch. I put pink poodle on top and it was very nice, so if all else fails, I can do that. I also got BB and IS liners. They are very pretty in person. When the MUA went to get my stuff I spotted a boatload of WW quads! I decided it was now or never, so I snatched up Valiant. I also got the bright forecast highlighter. It lighter and more opaque than I imagined, but my face is darker than my hand so it should be ok. Other impressions: QC lipstick is ghastly. Just white with a hint of lavender. I wore lavender whip to the store and sorry, QC does not compare. Nail lacquers are dupable and the other lipsticks are a bore. I really love, love, love the peachy blush but it is powdery and I had to resist knowing how msf's irritate my skin. I'll play when I get home and perhaps post pics.

elegant-one

Candy Yum Yum :)
Holygorgeouswoman!!!!!
heat.gif

You look awesomely beautiful in that shade - it was made for you! I chickened out on it

Leeny

I went to the Eaton Centre freestanding store on my lunch break and picked up Play Time, I <3 U, and Girl <3 Boy (the MA and I had a bit of a giggle when I said "I uh, heart you"). I didn't see any Sold Out stickers and the store was relatively quiet (I forgot to ask if anything had sold out yet). I fought the temptation to buy a back up of CYY cuz I have too many hot pink lipsticks that I've barely touched (was looking for the right one to wear at my wedding last year).

in honor of my indecisiveness i ordered some wine and a pair of shoes, lol! i did end up ordering the plushglass and blush i wanted, but who knows when i'll get a confirmation on that.
This is quite possibly the best back up plan I've ever heard. Totally made my afternoon after a crappy day at work, thanks!

MadTheologian

I forgot to tell you what I picked up. I purchased Play Time, and I'm thinking of getting CYY or St G next time as I also bought Dare You and WW's Heroine. QC was too light on me, and I did not bother trying Playing Koi. As soon the lip-burn subsides, I will have to post a pic of myself wearing Play Time.

I also need to figure out my official skin tone number to establish a point of reference. I think I have the MUFE tone number somewhere...

Ember2

Been lurking for months before joining today and I will say that the Plushglass felt like burning. The lady at the counter applied it a little bit over to St Germain-swatched lips and in 15 seconds, I removed it. I still feel the burn after 2 hours.
icon_eek.gif
th_welcomeemoticonsign.gif
Sorry to hear about your experience with the Plushglass.

I'm not going to be able to make it to the counter today. I'm hoping not everything I want to try is sold out by tomorrow.

shontay07108

I forgot to add the quad isn't worth the cash in my opinion. The colors just don't excite and are definitely dupable. The nicest color is the dark purple but not nice enough for me to pay for the entire set. And 2browneyes, you are rocking CYY!

vivaXglamlove

I'm thinking about getting two of the Mineralize Blushes. I own a ton of MSFs, but was wondering if anyone has broken out from these?

OctoberViolet

I was just going to ask you ladies the same thing. How did you find out your skin tone & number? Is there a website?
I would really like to know mine. Thanks!

I forgot to tell you what I picked up. I purchased Play Time, and I'm thinking of getting CYY or St G next time as I also bought Dare You and WW's Heroine. QC was too light on me, and I did not bother trying Playing Koi. As soon the lip-burn subsides, I will have to post a pic of myself wearing Play Time.

I also need to figure out my official skin tone number to establish a point of reference. I think I have the MUFE tone number somewhere...

jinxii

th_welcomeback2.png
good haul too!
Aw, Thanks!

Now I'm considering getting a back up on CYY but I'm trying to talk myself out of it... ALL I wear is different variants of pink/purple so I know its highly possible I could fall in love and use up the entire tube.. I'd hate myself. lol but on the other hand I may or may not enjoy it THAT much... decisions decisions.

Side note..I tried explaining this to my boyfriend (who would be the one picking up the possible back up from a free standing store) and all he had to say was "uhh.. whatever you want babe"
huh2.gif
*Girl Problems*

notts nat

I went to my local freestanding store at Nottingham today, where I was booked in for a appointment and I got all 3 nail polishes, the quad, candy yum yum, giggly, fashion fanatic from qc. I loved the look the mua did on me but don't think I will wear it out again.

BeautyByLele

Okay I went to my MAC store and they were allowing people to B2M for the lipsticks. I want to get the lip liners but I will pick them up later since they are perm.

2browneyes - CYY looks very pretty on ya !!!

MadTheologian

At Sephora, I was matched to a MUFE number (#153), corresponding to their HD foundation. I use a NW 30 concealer to hide the occasional blemish, but I have to blend blend blend and I have not used their foundation, so my MAC number will be different from my concealer formula. According to Temptalia's Foundation Matrix, I might be a NC42.

Teggy

Got my mini stash over lunch! I loved Sakura blush even more when I saw it on me. It has a very soft glow, great for spring, especially if you're a pale girl like myself. There's a certain subtlety in the shade that some people might not like if they want more color payoff. Personally, I prefer sheer blushes and beauty powders.

I also bought Candy Yum Yum, but now I'm not sure I'm going to keep it. It's a hot hot hot pink, but it's also matte. And matte lipsticks don't look as good on my dry lips. Plus, it looks A LOT like Something New from the Tartan Tale collection, which I already own and love. I'll give it a try, but there's a chance I may return or swap it.

shontay07108

So, the "funniest" thing happened on my trip between the mall and my home: I lost CYY. Seriously. It's nowhere to be found. While I was at the mall, I had time to kill after leaving Mac because I needed some geeks at Apple to look at my ipad. So, I went to a bathroom and tried on some of the stuff that I bought. Somehow, between then and getting home CYY decided to leave me. I take it as a sign that it just wasn't meant to be. I paid $14.50 just to try it on. :eek:hboy: Well, from what I can see: I can do without it. First, it does apply spotty. It's pretty drying going on and that was after I applied the lip balm that I thankfully carry with me. The color isn't as shocking as I expected. Maybe because my lips are more pigmented. Like I said before, though, putting a gloss like Pink Poodle on top made it really pretty. A clear gloss might work, too. Clearly, I cannot pull off Mattes, especially Mattes by Mac. I came home and reached for Schiap by Nars, threw on Pink Poodle and it was hot. So, CYY, wherever it went, can stay where it's at. No need to flip. Kudos to all the woman who can rock that one. I'm not one of them.