MAC Quite Cute Discussion

Alty

Been at my counter yesterday.
I sooo wanted to like quite cute, but it's too pale and sheer :(
Wish I had got blooming lovely when I could, but I wasn't brave enough back then.

Anyway I got play time, sakura and I U.

Playtime is awesome! Such a lovely spring color and it looks a lot like malva flowers if layered under I U.
I never had a plushglass before, so I was quite surprised by how much I U irritates my lips, I don't think I can wear it alone, and it doesn't even give as much color as I wished, but it's ok over a lipstick, and my lips really don't need plumping at all. I'm considering getting quite cute just to use the two of them together...

The blushes are actually a bit powdery, and I didn't need a new blush at all, but how could I resist? I wanted them all. Sakura is really pretty. The MA suggested it would look nice as an eyeshadow, and I think I'm gonna give it a try ^_^

Allura Beauty

I think the colors are pretty different. Sakura comes off with a distinct lavender tint and is light pink. Overdyed is a magenta pink.

hoshiakari_

Looks like I'll be buying 2 Sakura blushes... one for my friend and one for me!
It looks so gorg!
heart2.gif

I will just be buying:
Sakura mb
Giggly mb
Candy Yum-Yum l/s (b2m)

shontay07108

I was up crazy late last night and trying to decide if I wanted to track this collection down at pro. I played around with a couple of the Matte lipsticks that I own. I usually put a gloss over them(Mehr by Mac and #4 by Mufe are the Mattes that I own), but I tried them solo b/c that's how I would rock Candy Yum-Yum. Both looks were pretty disastrous. I just can't feel confident with a Matte lipstick on it's own. All the lines are showing. My lips aren't cracked right now, so that's good but I still wasn't happy with the look of it. CYY is such a bright shade that it immediately draws your attention. I just can't do it. No way. I am firm on this now. I can barely get away with a Satin. I wish the finish was different. The one thing I get, Boldly Bare liner, I will pick up when the next collection (if I'm interested) comes out.

chromatrix

I agree. A Sakura / AB comparison would be very helpful. I also agree more purple would be good though I'm not holding my breath.

xasperadastra

The one thing I get, Boldly Bare liner, I will pick up when the next collection (if I'm interested) comes out.
Don't worry, I've seen you have a lot of stunning pink lipsticks (Gulabi is great on you!).. you won't miss Candy yum yum! I have it and I'm probably going to wear it with a gloss for the same problem

kiss

I posted lipstick swatches on my blog in broad daylight on my NC15(or more pale) skin.

This is the first time where I feel like I want backups of every lipsick haha.

xbuttonsx

None of the stores or counters in my area have the products to look at and swatch or are doing pre orders. They do if your almost every damn collection except the one I really need to look at!
th_wallbash.gif

Polaris

This is my exact shopping list. Except I'll only buy 1 Sakura blush instead of 2.
amuse.gif

Looks like I'll be buying 2 Sakura blushes... one for my friend and one for me!
It looks so gorg!
heart2.gif

I will just be buying:
Sakura mb
Giggly mb
Candy Yum-Yum l/s (b2m)

m0rg3nst3rn

Quote: Originally Posted by xbuttonsx

None of the stores or counters in my area have the products to look at and swatch or are doing pre orders. They do if your almost every damn collection except the one I really need to look at!
th_wallbash.gif

I don't know what part of California you are in, but if you are near one of the pro stores they should have it there and on sale already, if you live near a freestanding store try them too. I live in L.A. county and I know that the Robertson store is already selling items and that the store in El Segundo has them for view/swatch/pre-sale status.

cody

I just have to say that the combo of I U over Play Time is really lovely! My lips are fairly pigmented and rosy, but it just looks like a gorgeous lilac meets pink color and it's really easy to wear. I'm also loving Sakura blush. I haven't had any issue getting the color to show!

For reference, I'm NW15/20. Haven't had a chance to play around with the Cutie quad yet but I'm thinking even though it's pretty sheer it'll be great for spring looks.

rockin

I've just tried out my quad, and I'm happy to say that, whilst I couldn't get Boycrazy to show up on my hand or arm at all, it works perfectly well on my eyelids.

tismama

I am not going to go by Temptalia's swatches at all. I dont know what kind of lighting she uses, but I bought 2 MAC lippies previously because of how they looked on her and when I got them, they looked nothing like that at all. Courting Lilac was one of them. It was a sheer mess when I got it, and I had to return.