MAC Retro Matte collection (September 12, 2013)

Mayanas

Nordstrom is piloting some silly program where they say they are working with UPS to update less often until it gets on the truck for delivery to you. Call or chat with Nordstrom a couple of days after the mailing label is created if it does not update - they will be able to track it for you. I know we live near one another, so this might be what is happening to you.
Thank you. I'll call tomorrow after 2 pm. I want my lipsticks for the saturday is my day off jiji

Glamourrich

All the lippies I want to get from the retro matte collection are sold out when does this collection come out in stores?

miss0annette

Today!
smiles.gif
Serenity, I love your new profile pic!
thmbup.gif
Looking gorgeous!

mzweeze

OK so I saw this pic of Runway Hit on Instagram on this beautifulllllllll woman and just have to share it since I haven't seen many photos on here of this lipstick on darker skin tones. I think everybody should jump on the Runway Hit train!
d7ba03ae_image.jpeg
Does anyone think she added a liner or no? I can't wait to try this out tomorrow and wanna make sure I get the perfect liner to match!!!

janineios

Oooo I like it! I need Vino and NIghtmoth in my life. So far I only have Currant.  Thank goodness most of these lippies are perm. Can't wait until pay day. :flower:
I need Vino and Currant. (Have nightmoth) lol. Need all the fall colored lippies and lip pencils :|
I cannot wait to get my hands on all the retro mattes tomorrow :D I think I am not even going to sleep of excitement! !! Lol
I am so excited to be getting these tomorrow.  I am so tired of stalking the website 100 times a day.  :bang: I got Dangerous and Relentlessly Red already, and I think I am going to pick up Flat Out Fabulous, Fashion Boost, Shock Value, and possibly Fixed on Drama.  I talked myself out of FOD, but these pictures are making me seriously reconsider!
:cheer: Me too!  I've got my alarm set.  Hopefully my little guy cooperates and sleeps good tonight!
We are exactly on the same boat!! My 18month hopefully sleeps good tonight to be at mac first thing in the morning..... →→ and I'm still doing some depotting
I'm right there with you ladies on the excitement! I'm also in the mommy boat - hoping baby girl doesn't decide to wake up tooooo late or nap at the time I'm planning to leave! Her sleep schedule has been all kinds of crazy lately!

janineios

Does anyone think she added a liner or no? I can't wait to try this out tomorrow and wanna make sure I get the perfect liner to match!!!
I can't tell if she did since I don't own RH yet. But I'm thinking maybe In Synch to make it lean peachy orange or Hip n Happy/In Anticipation to make it lean pink ! Once I get it I would like to see it with Naked even. :)

lizzylu23

I need Vino and Currant. (Have nightmoth) lol. Need all the fall colored lippies and lip pencils :| I'm right there with you ladies on the excitement! I'm also in the mommy boat - hoping baby girl doesn't decide to wake up tooooo late or nap at the time I'm planning to leave! Her sleep schedule has been all kinds of crazy lately!
Hopefully we get to mac on time to grab what we want and of course our babies have to be happy n cooperate with us not getting fuzzy!! Good luck to us mommies with lil babies! ! :)

NATlar

I picked up - Relentlessy Red with Dynamo Lipliner - Dangerous with What A Blast! Lipliner All Fired Up looked so alike to RR on me but I preferred RR!

NATlar

God I nearly had a panic attack LOL! My goodies I had in a bag Relentlessy Red, Dynamo, Dangerous, What a blast, urban decay lipstick and chill spray, I ended up leaving the bag in some shop which they realised and kept hold of it THANK GOD! Really couldn't afford losing those goodies as they're not cheap lol I was lucky!

cyclops68

I managed to B2M for the lippies! They weren't sure if I could B2M on the day of the launch, so the girl called a few colleagues to ask. She gave me lipsticks in the end. I got Runway Hit and Flat Out Fabulous. Would have also taken Fixed On Drama since the photos that you guys have posted make it look so wearable, but I think I need time to get used to vampy colours again. I used to wear Back To Del Rio and everyone around me just hated it. I have to say though, that Fixed On Drama blotted down looks gorgeous! I'll sleep on it some more and maybe I'll go back for it again.

Runway Hit was what I had wished Delectable to be. It was a lovely light orange-peachy nude on me. I got Staunchly Stylish pencil to go with it, and also as an all-purpose lip liner. I have Gingerroot cremestick liner which matched my lip colour perfectly, now that it's been discontinued, I guess Staunchly Stylish is the next best thing.

Flat Out Fabulous swatched on my skin as a matte Girl About Town. I brought my Deliciously Forbidden and Rare Exotic mattene to compare with it, Deliciously Forbidden is a lot darker and berrier, and Rare Exotic is redder and warmer. I wasn't entirely sure about Flat Out Fabulous, but I think I will try it out. I'm wondering if using the Fashion Boost liner under it would make much of a difference to the colour since the lipstick is so opaque?

NATlar

I love Vampty lips, wear them a lot in the cold weather but when I tried Fixed On Drama it looked totally wrong on me, which I have no idea why it just didn't look good which I was gutted because I love how some of you guys have worn it :(
AFU and RR are so similar I don't want both. Does anyone who has both wanna advise here? Should I get RR or AFU?
I was tossing between one of them as they looked so similar on me when I tried them, RR looked a little more brighter on me which i loved so went for that one over AFU, AFU is just muted compared to RR imo!

NATlar

I managed to B2M for the lippies! They weren't sure if I could B2M on the day of the launch, so the girl called a few colleagues to ask. She gave me lipsticks in the end. I got Runway Hit and Flat Out Fabulous. Would have also taken Fixed On Drama since the photos that you guys have posted make it look so wearable, but I think I need time to get used to vampy colours again. I used to wear Back To Del Rio and everyone around me just hated it. I have to say though, that Fixed On Drama blotted down looks gorgeous! I'll sleep on it some more and maybe I'll go back for it again. Runway Hit was what I had wished Delectable to be. It was a lovely light orange-peachy nude on me. I got Staunchly Stylish pencil to go with it, and also as an all-purpose lip liner. I have Gingerroot cremestick liner which matched my lip colour perfectly, now that it's been discontinued, I guess Staunchly Stylish is the next best thing. Flat Out Fabulous swatched on my skin as a matte Girl About Town. I brought my Deliciously Forbidden and Rare Exotic mattene to compare with it, Deliciously Forbidden is a lot darker and berrier, and Rare Exotic is redder and warmer. I wasn't entirely sure about Flat Out Fabulous, but I think I will try it out. I'm wondering if using the Fashion Boost liner under it would make much of a difference to the colour since the lipstick is so opaque?
I thought the same about Flat Out Fabulous just reminded me of Girl About Town and Quick Sizzle! I did try it with Fashion boost and it looked like heroine on me so I passed as I have two heroine lipsticks. I also took my heroine lip liner to compare with fashion Boost both looked the exact same on me (in a nc15) only difference was the pro longwear was creamy so I passed on that too lol!

DarkAngel8595

From the swatches I've seen here I'll be getting RH (I hope that looks ok with my skin tone) FOD, SG & FOF. I'm really excited about these. Plus I actually got today off so I'll be at my MAC counter as soon as the open :)

butterflyeyes

I don't get the "creamy" feel from PLWLL like others say they do....never have. They have all been a bit drier and more difficult to blend on their own (without the help of a little lip balm or a lipstick with slip), but that's to be expected since they are almost bullet proof in terms of wear. The regular pencils tend to be far more "creamy" IMO.