MAC Retro Matte collection (September 12, 2013)

liba

Ochre is one of my, if not THE, most favourite colours in the world!
I love ochre too! It's very flattering.

Baking Beauty Mineralize Lip Balm is about the closet we came this year to this sort of lip color. I adore it - it takes every single nude lipstick I own to another level with just the right touch of yellow to make them all flattering on me. Just like we thought orange wasn't a lip color for everyone, I think eventually we'll see there's an ochre or camel color for everyone, even for lips.

lizzylu23

Right? I'm so glad they're perm! I'm saving some of my b2m stuff so I can some (okay all) and feel a little less guilty about it.
That's exactly what I'm doing. Saving my b2m's and depoting eyeshadows :) →→→ maybe I even depot some lipsticks but never have done it b4.

Prettypackages

Runway Hit looks like a cross between Sushi Kiss and Sweet & Sour, with a little less orange. Steady Going actually reminded me of Raspberry Swirl, which is one of the few bubblegum pinks I can get away with, so I'm going to check it out. I think Runway Hit and Relentlessly Red are my favorites for now.

As for wondering why these colors aren't very fallsy - this is actually the look I've been thinking about a lot for fall - using unexpected bright girlie colors on the lips, with some jewel tones on the eyes and nails. Very 60's style.

I'm already thinking ahead about what's the next trend. Since peachy orange sherbet nudes have gone so mainstream this year, I think the next thing might be some nudes with a ton of yellow in them, as the next step - like mustard/camel beige nudes - but I'm betting they'll also have a bit of frost in them to soften them up a bit. That's my prediction for next summer/fall
rant.gif
I'm going to be doing that too. Nice fresh take on fall.
Love your predictions, wish I could bet on them, I bet your right.... Not sure I like yellow nudes though. that's like the one that was in Hey Sailor right? I want more Hot Chocolate shades.

sagehen

I'm going to be doing that too.  Nice fresh take on fall.  Love your predictions, wish I could bet on them, I bet your right.... Not sure I like yellow nudes though.  that's like the one that was in Hey Sailor right?   I want more Hot Chocolate shades. 
I. Still. Have. Not. Worn. This! **hangs head in shame**

Addict4MAC

Runway Hit looks like a cross between Sushi Kiss and Sweet & Sour, with a little less orange. Steady Going actually reminded me of Raspberry Swirl, which is one of the few bubblegum pinks I can get away with, so I'm going to check it out. I think Runway Hit and Relentlessly Red are my favorites for now.

As for wondering why these colors aren't very fallsy - this is actually the look I've been thinking about a lot for fall - using unexpected bright girlie colors on the lips, with some jewel tones on the eyes and nails. Very 60's style.

I'm already thinking ahead about what's the next trend. Since peachy orange sherbet nudes have gone so mainstream this year, I think the next thing might be some nudes with a ton of yellow in them, as the next step - like mustard/camel beige nudes - but I'm betting they'll also have a bit of frost in them to soften them up a bit. That's my prediction for next summer/fall
rant.gif
That's what I was thinking...

monibackincali

I log on to this thread every now and then just to remind me that these are permanent because I want them all but won't be able to buy them all at once...

NaomiH

Same here, I plan on going to check them out and maybe getting two on launch day but any others I like I will have to accumulate over time.
I log on to this thread every now and then just to remind me that these are permanent because I want them all but won't be able to buy them all at once...
U and me both the colors are gorgeous but since they are permanent I'm not in a rush

bluelitzer

A lot of the colors seem to look like something that has been released this year or perm but I shall still get them because I love the finish!

MACkilledme

Hi girls, just wanted to share with you this visual used by a South African online magazine for the collection :

What lippie do you think it is, and do you think it's even a retro matte ? It looks kinda glossy doesn't it ? (or is it a poster from an older collection that I don't recognize?)... Opinions ?
huh2.gif

VioletPearl

Hi girls, just wanted to share with you this visual used by a South African online magazine for the collection :

What lippie do you think it is, and do you think it's even a retro matte ? It looks kinda glossy doesn't it ? (or is it a poster from an older collection that I don't recognize?)... Opinions ?
huh2.gif
It looks really retouched to me.
I think they made thic colour with PS...