MAC Retro Matte collection (September 12, 2013)

Pinkdollface

Here the link to the blog post that goes with this video.

In the blog post, she says only 4 colours will be permanent (Relentlessly Red, Flat Out Fabulous, Dangerous and All Fired Up). I don't understand that. Maybe she means that only these 4 colours will be permanent in Brazil, but the whole collection will be permanent in the US? I don't know...
So pretty! If it's indeed the case that only those will be added to the perm line at least they chose the prettiest colours I think.

MACina

I hope that Fixed on Drama will be perm too!!!!!!!!!!

And I cannot understand it either....I really tought that
all shades will be perm
th_dunno.gif

Here the link to the blog post that goes with this video.

In the blog post, she says only 4 colours will be permanent (Relentlessly Red, Flat Out Fabulous, Dangerous and All Fired Up). I don't understand that. Maybe she means that only these 4 colours will be permanent in Brazil, but the whole collection will be permanent in the US? I don't know...

Addict4MAC

She is so cute! Thank you so much for sharing. Is it me or does Runway Hit look like something from AAO in matte form? I can't put my finger on it...Steady Going might be similar to something like Saint Germain? And Dangerous might be close to Sounds Like Noise, Morange, Lady Danger? I guess we just have to wait and see. I do love All Fired Up, Flat Out Fabulous, and Relentlessly Red. Fixed On Drama looks out of my comfort zone but I'm definitely willing to try it for fall!

liba

She is so cute! Thank you so much for sharing. Is it me or does Runway Hit look like something from AAO in matte form? I can't put my finger on it...Steady Going might be similar to something like Saint Germain? And Dangerous might be close to Sounds Like Noise, Morange, Lady Danger? I guess we just have to wait and see. I do love All Fired Up, Flat Out Fabulous, and Relentlessly Red. Fixed On Drama looks out of my comfort zone but I'm definitely willing to try it for fall!
Runway Hit looks like a cross between Sushi Kiss and Sweet & Sour, with a little less orange. Steady Going actually reminded me of Raspberry Swirl, which is one of the few bubblegum pinks I can get away with, so I'm going to check it out. I think Runway Hit and Relentlessly Red are my favorites for now.

As for wondering why these colors aren't very fallsy - this is actually the look I've been thinking about a lot for fall - using unexpected bright girlie colors on the lips, with some jewel tones on the eyes and nails. Very 60's style.

I'm already thinking ahead about what's the next trend. Since peachy orange sherbet nudes have gone so mainstream this year, I think the next thing might be some nudes with a ton of yellow in them, as the next step - like mustard/camel beige nudes - but I'm betting they'll also have a bit of frost in them to soften them up a bit. That's my prediction for next summer/fall
rant.gif

MACkilledme

Quote: Originally Posted by liba
As for wondering why these colors aren't very fallsy - this is actually the look I've been thinking about a lot for fall - using unexpected bright girlie colors on the lips, with some jewel tones on the eyes and nails. Very 60's style.

I completely agree I look that sort of look too !!!