MAC Retro Matte collection (September 12, 2013)

OctoberViolet

friends.gif
I'm with you as always my purple loving sister!!!! I would have preferred some different shades. Maybe they are "testing" the waters right now and they will surprise us with some funkier shades in this retro matte formula. I for one, would not be against a new Lust, Epic, Blueberry Fizz, Go For It or anything from the past in this new formula.
This makes me
cry.gif
and not tears of joy either! Wish they would have made some dark pinks, burgundy, wine and purple shades. The first two
nonono.gif

MACina

I am soooooooooo with you on this....that would have been awesome.
Especially since this is a fall collection!!!
This makes me
cry.gif
and not tears of joy either! Wish they would have made some dark pinks, burgundy, wine and purple shades. The first two
nonono.gif

martiangurll

I'm kind of with you on this one. I am not so sure i'd like the super neutrals in a matte formula. Also, I know coral and oranges are really popular this year but half this collection is red,orange and coral. Like you, I was hoping for something a little different. I think as of right now, I am interested in #3 and #4.
IKWYM. These shades in this formula will be Tyrone Biggums lips for certainty.
holysheep.gif
I guess they could serve as erase paste if the formula is nice?
tease.gif

NaomiH

I can't wait for swatches of these to really tell what I do and don't want. Those MAC promo pics are usually kinda off to me so I try not to go by them except to get a slight idea of what kinda color it is, if that makes sense.

lyseD

I think everyone looks great with their natural tone. I look horrible with a tan!
Oh, me too. I think it makes me look SO MUCH older. I keep myself out of the sun as much as possible.

I'd love that first one to be like creme d'nude. The first four look like my colours.
eyelove.gif

liba

I think everyone looks great with their natural tone. I look horrible with a tan!
I'm one of those people who are very fair, but when I tan, I turn very dark really easily. I look like two different people, practically. It's pretty fun, but I've mostly stayed pale over the years, since I like pale and it's so much healthier not to fry yourself.

Totally off topic: Sparrows have made a nest under the eaves of my porch. The baby birds have gotten big enough that you can see them sticking their fuzzy heads up over the top of the nest all the time. Yesterday I heard a bunch of baby chirping, went outside and got to see one of them take its maiden voyage out of the nest. I think it made it ok, because it took off with a big flourish and kept going! It was heart meltingly adorable.
heart.gif

OctoberViolet

I
heart.gif
sparrows (and all birds & animals). This sounds amazing to have watched.
th_e2cloud9.gif

Wow, I'm sorry you have to deal with that. When I was young, extremely fair skin was really appreciated - not by all, but definitely by a larger percentage than nowadays. There are plenty of people who think its beautiful, like a fairytale princess. Flaunt it and stay away from lame people who like the fake tan look!
flower.gif

Quote:
I'm one of those people who are very fair, but when I tan, I turn very dark really easily. I look like two different people, practically. It's pretty fun, but I've mostly stayed pale over the years, since I like pale and it's so much healthier not to fry yourself.

Totally off topic: Sparrows have made a nest under the eaves of my porch. The baby birds have gotten big enough that you can see them sticking their fuzzy heads up over the top of the nest all the time. Yesterday I heard a bunch of baby chirping, went outside and got to see one of them take its maiden voyage out of the nest. I think it made it ok, because it took off with a big flourish and kept going! It was heart meltingly adorable.
heart.gif

vaisforluvrs

Wow, I'm sorry you have to deal with that. When I was young, extremely fair skin was really appreciated - not by all, but definitely by a larger percentage than nowadays. There are plenty of people who think its beautiful, like a fairytale princess. Flaunt it and stay away from lame people who like the fake tan look!
flower.gif

Quote:

heart.gif
Some sparrows used to make a little nest above our front door. They would make so much noise, lol, but it was really cute to see them sticking their heads out looking for mama bird.

rockin

Liking the look of 3 and 4, but I probably have loads of similar colours in other finishes. I'll most likely give this whole collection a miss - money saved!

Latest posts