MAC - Rumoured All Black Collection Later This Year?!

Status
Not open for further replies.

MAC_Whore

Re: All Black Collection Later This Year?!

I can imagine this collection as one that brings together the "best of" black-coloured products from the regular and pro lines plus a few LE gems. Whilst the majority of the buying public may not jump all over an all black look, I am sure the idea behind the collection will be to find which certain black products work for you, i.e. Blacktrack fluidline, chromaline, paintstick, etc.

As far as black glosses, they are more versatile than some would think. I have YSL's Gloss Pur in 'Black' and Lancome's Colour Fever Gloss in 'Piha Black' and they are fun to mix and match with other colours. They are great for deepening the drama of a red or berry lipsticks when layered over them.

YSL's Gloss Pur 'Black' is a very opaque, brown-based black lacquer with zero frost, whilst Lancome's 'Piha Black' is a med-opacity gloss that has a good amount of shimmer. 'Piha Black' is similar to MAC's DCd Tux de Lux, but Piha is more opaque and shimmery. Here's 'Piha Black':

Piha-1.jpg

If you want to take baby steps, the sheerest black/grey shade I have seen is Kat von D's gloss in Gunshine. It was too sheer for my liking, but I know we all have dif tastes.

All that said, I think that black women can really rock full-on black lip colours. I think it looks sooo sharp.

I can't wait to see the LE goodies that come out with this line. I will keep my ear to the ground for you.
winks.gif

andrrea

I'm not sure about black lip products, but I'd love to see what this kind of collection would look like!!!

L1LMAMAJ

interesting...i saw some pix of a girl wearing red lipstick with black lipgloss and it was so gorgeous!! the thought of black lipgloss frightens me but i'm willing to give it a try. i never quit any item before even trying it out. the worst that can happen is that i don't like it and i don't buy it. wooo about the reflects black glitter, i would so totally be all over that! i can't waitttttttttt.

Ernie

Poppy makes lipstick and gloss in black, the gloss is sheer.

clickable

LatinaRose

I would go CRAZY for a quad of all different shades of black. CRAZY.

iadoremac

ok so i am guessing black gloss over bright red or fushia l/s would be hot and i wouldnt mind black reflects glitter and glitter eyeliner but black lipstick hell no thats where i draw the line

Curly1908

Call me a weirdo, but I'd love a MAC Morticia Adams Black Collection for Halloween. The packaging would be delicious.
drools.gif

I've always been obsessed with Morticia Adams. (I first dressed up as her in the 2nd grade, and I starred as her in a play.
lmao.gif
) Although I usually wear natural colors, I'd totally rock the "Deceit" lippie that DangerousMuffins (lol @ the screenname) posted. Oh, and dark smokey eyes and blood red lips.
yahoo.gif

morticia.jpg

Morticia_film.JPG

MzzRach

Quote:
Originally Posted by Ernie
Poppy makes lipstick and gloss in black, the gloss is sheer.

clickable

Forgot about that, yes she does! I LOVE the Lipstick Queen line. Been a Poppy King fan for ages.

sinergy

I CANT WAIT!!!!!!!!!! I am so going to be all over this!!!

GlamQueen21

I cannot wait for this collection to be out. That would be very interesting!

Leven

This collection shouldnt even have a promo pic, it should be all black, like the album cover from Spinal Tap lol (anybody on here know what movie im talking about?
th_dunno.gif
)

perfectdefect

Quote:
Originally Posted by Leven
This collection shouldnt even have a promo pic, it should be all black, like the album cover from Spinal Tap lol (anybody on here know what movie im talking about?
th_dunno.gif
)

This is Spinal Tap
smiles.gif

I would rock a black gloss

yodagirl

Quote:
Originally Posted by OfficerJenny
They should re-release Blacktrack in a tub the size of moisturelush

Sign me up for 10 of those babies lol
yes.gif

MAC_Whore

Here's my wish list for the collection:

• Carbon ES in one of the old skool large sized ES container. Who doesn't run through Carbon?
  • A range of black to steel grey nail polishes with a range of finishes from sheer to opaque and cream to frost. Oh, with one of them having a matte finish.
  • A range of LE black glosses (bring back Deceit and Tux de Lux as two of them).
  • A black dazzleglass.
  • A glittery black mascara.
  • A pure black glitter liner.
  • A range of black inclusive reflects glitters from the current line, plus a few LE surprises.
  • The best black products: Chromaline, Fluidline, Kohl powers, Smolder liner, etc. Oh, introduce a powdered kohl liner.
  • Bring back some Shadesticks and Paints!! Can you imagine some of the amazing paints and shadesticks they could do for this collection?
  • A collection of black pigments, with each having a obvious colored undertone and pearl, i.e. Gold, Silver, Red, Purple, Green, Blue. Kind of like Kohl powers in pigment form.
  • A quad with: A true black veluxe pearl, Carbon, a black with steel coloured pearl and a blue tinted black.

Maybe two quads: A cool toned one like I just mentioned, then a warm toned one with: Suspicion, a dirty tarnished gold/olive with tons of black pearl, Carbon and a black with really obvious red pearl.
  • A single mineralize ES that is all black.
  • Lashes, lashes, lashes! Some of the reg falsies, plus some LE cuties.
  • An all-black eyelash curler.
  • Oh, bring back the volcanic ash exfoliator.
  • Well, we already have black packaging, but an unexpected twist would be cool. Like maybe a texture embossed into the container, or a gloss finish, or black crystals as the dots between the M A C.

OK, I am out of ideas for the moment. I just made this collection HUGE. lol! I am sure it won't be a big collection though.

I love the idea of the all black promo pic!

Shadowy Lady

Quote:
Originally Posted by MAC_Whore
Here's my wish list for the collection:

• Carbon ES in one of the old skool large sized ES container. Who doesn't run through Carbon?
  • A range of black to steel grey nail polishes with a range of finishes from sheer to opaque and cream to frost. Oh, with one of them having a matte finish.
  • A range of LE black glosses (bring back Deceit and Tux de Lux as two of them).
  • A black dazzleglass.
  • A glittery black mascara.
  • A pure black glitter liner.
  • A range of black inclusive reflects glitters from the current line, plus a few LE surprises.
  • The best black products: Chromaline, Fluidline, Kohl powers, Smolder liner, etc. Oh, introduce a powdered kohl liner.
  • Bring back some Shadesticks and Paints!! Can you imagine some of the amazing paints and shadesticks they could do for this collection?
  • A collection of black pigments, with each having a obvious colored undertone and pearl, i.e. Gold, Silver, Red, Purple, Green, Blue. Kind of like Kohl powers in pigment form.
  • A quad with: A true black veluxe pearl, Carbon, a black with steel coloured pearl and a blue tinted black.

Maybe two quads: A cool toned one like I just mentioned, then a warm toned one with: Suspicion, a dirty tarnished gold/olive with tons of black pearl, Carbon and a black with really obvious red pearl.
  • A single mineralize ES that is all black.
  • Lashes, lashes, lashes! Some of the reg falsies, plus some LE cuties.
  • An all-black eyelash curler.
  • Oh, bring back the volcanic ash exfoliator.
  • Well, we already have black packaging, but an unexpected twist would be cool. Like maybe a texture embossed into the container, or a gloss finish, or black crystals as the dots between the M A C.

girl I wish you were in charge of designing this collection. I love all of your ideas especially the bold ones
yes.gif

Leven

Quote:
Originally Posted by MAC_Whore
Well, we already have black packaging, but an unexpected twist would be cool. Like maybe a texture embossed into the container, or a gloss finish, or black crystals as the dots between the M A C.

What if the eyeshadow quads were in a compact like the ones for Hello kitty, and the packaging was completely black. but it had a checkerboard pattern, and instead of alternating colors, it was alternating textures of black. Like a matte texture, and then a more smoothe one (think about how the tops of lipglasses, and the plastic compact eyeshadows come in. Confusing?) So like when you move the compact in the light you can really see the pattern.

HockeyChick04

Not many of the collections I've heard about for this year caught my eye, UNTIL THIS!! Can I start bugeting now? The more black the better. Lips, eyes, nails, anything!
th_DANCE.gif
I would kill over this collection.

EVERYTHING WILL BE MINE!!!

Status
Not open for further replies.