MAC Sharon and Kelly Osbourne Collection (June 5, 2014)

liba

I saw the whole collection in person yesterday (I'm rushing out the door or I'd say more - I'll be back tonight). That MSF not only doesn't look like that in a swatch, it REALLY doesn't look anything on the face the way it swatches at all. It's very subtle, and while warm, it doesn't pull orange on me at all (NC15 in everything except NW15 in liquid Mineralize foundation). In fact, it's a barely there effect and much more of a perfecter. The lighter shade is like By Candlelight ver. 2.0, with the same basic idea, but much less frost and sheen and only the barest hint of champagne.

Kelly's MSF is very interesting. It's as if MAC made a special MSFN in NW18. Both parts of it are matte, with the same finish and effect as MSFN. I can wear it, but it deepens my face (much more than Sharon's). It's not something I can wear all over at the moment, but it'll be like the best thing ever for fair NWs who want a very subtle sculptural and/or bronzing and perfecting effect.

I can't make up my mind if I'll get either of them. At the moment, I think the Pedro compact will be more versatile for me overall, plus there are PLENNNNTYYYYY of other things to go crazy about and buy buy buy in both this collection and Moody Blooms. Ta ta for now! I'll be back!

liba

These photos are all pretty accurate except for the blushes - those swatches are WAY the hell off from how they look, either swatched on the arm or applied to the face (they're better than the photos, to tell the enabling truth, but much much much more subtle)

singer82

That's good to hear about the blushes! I'm pale so subtle is always better for me. Cheeky Bugger is pretty, but I feel I have colors like it. I look forward to your thoughts. Your thoughts always finalize my lists.
These photos are all pretty accurate except for the blushes - those swatches are WAY the hell off from how they look, either swatched on the arm or applied to the face (they're better than the photos, to tell the enabling truth, but much much much more subtle)

MissAileen

Lol yup! Night time walks, day time, horse riding, swimming, etc
girlhaha.gif
Yess!
werd.gif
heart.gif

Vineetha

Yeah The blushes appear to be tad darker than they actually are!

mel33t

I saw the whole collection in person yesterday (I'm rushing out the door or I'd say more - I'll be back tonight). That MSF not only doesn't look like that in a swatch, it REALLY doesn't look anything on the face the way it swatches at all. It's very subtle, and while warm, it doesn't pull orange on me at all (NC15 in everything except NW15 in liquid Mineralize foundation). In fact, it's a barely there effect and much more of a perfecter. The lighter shade is like By Candlelight ver. 2.0, with the same basic idea, but much less frost and sheen and only the barest hint of champagne. Kelly's MSF is very interesting. It's as if MAC made a special MSFN in NW18. Both parts of it are matte, with the same finish and effect as MSFN. I can wear it, but it deepens my face (much more than Sharon's). It's not something I can wear all over at the moment, but it'll be like the best thing ever for fair NWs who want a very subtle sculptural and/or bronzing and perfecting effect. I can't make up my mind if I'll get either of them. At the moment, I think the Pedro compact will be more versatile for me overall, plus there are PLENNNNTYYYYY of other things to go crazy about and buy buy buy in both this collection and Moody Blooms. Ta ta for now! I'll be back!
Thanks for your review!! Very helpful. I'm think I'm just back to getting the two blushes and Kelly Yum Yum. Trying to be on a low buy this month and use up what I have. My biggest fear right now is missing out on the blushes.

rocksteadybaby

I couldn't wait for this weekend to be over.. I thought I would never say that before. I'm just so excited and want this collection to launch already. Oh the agony lmao!!

Vineetha

I am really tempted to get DG but I am not sure how it will look on my skintone. I just dont want to get it for the sake and not be able to use it! Will DG work on tan skintone or is it going to look pastel.
wondering.gif
th_wallbash.gif

Naynadine

Veteran Moderator
Staff member
So I've officially had my first makeup related nightmare haha this collection went up and I couldn't add anything to my cart it kept telling i did but it didn't really so I kept trying and trying and everything sold out!! It was the worst
crybaby.gif
Those nightmares are the worst.
I had an awesome makeup dream the other day. I dreamt about the Gucci makeup, that Specktra got tons of samples of everything and every member could pick one item to keep.
greengrin.gif
The brushes felt super soft, lol.
th_e2cloud9.gif

User38

This MIGHT be Dandelion... aka, Cheeky Bugger.. we cannot be 100% sure but think it is!..

on NC15-20 skin.

more info on Name that Lippie thread

LippieLove

Those nightmares are the worst. I had an awesome makeup dream the other day. I dreamt about the Gucci makeup, that Specktra got tons of samples of everything and every member could pick one item to keep. :D  The brushes felt super soft, lol. :cloud9: ​ 
That would be awesome

User38

I'm a bit worried cheeky bugger will be too light for me as well, but I'm going to get it and try it out. If it doesn't work I'll put it in the CB or see if my sister wants it.
smiles.gif

on Name that Lippie thread, I just posted what I believe Cheeky Bugger is on my own cheek!

xoxo

XONoelle

There's never a set time with mac releasing their collections. AA launched around 8:30? AM EST ( can't remember exactly ) while Pedro launched around 6 AM EST.
AA launched at 6:30AM EST. #foreverwillrememberafterstayingupallnight #noimnotbitter lol :)

MissAileen

My FINAL list, I THINK! Haha

mac_wishlist.gif

DG
Strip poker
Riot house

and that's it!! I was so tempted to get the blushes! But I think I will be a good girl and just get the 3 lipsticks :)