MAC - Shop Shop Shop / Cook Cook Cook discussion

katred

Specktra Bestie
Oh my. I think I want the colour added quad. For those who have it is it awesome? Do you think it will look good on a pale NC15 with light brown eyes?
I keep going back and forth on Watch Me Simmer. Duckrodeo are you NC15-20? Is it that bright on your lips as it looks on your arm? Your swatch looks brighter and more orange than clslvr6spd's and shes NC30. If its pink enough I still want it but if its a super bright orange lippy, its just not for me.
I cant wait to wear my new dress with Quick Sizzle! Is it spring yet? It's freezing here in Colorado, I'm ready to bust out these bright lippies!
Even though the darkest colour is somewhat dry, the other shades more than make up for it. It's a great quad for pale ladies because there's a lot of leeway with the shades if you want to make them paler or brighter. Although I like the shades with my blue-grey eyes, I think they'd look at least as nice with brown eyes. If your eyes are light brown, I think that the yellow shades would play really nicely with them.

LivestrongH2

(L to R) Creme d' nude, equality, fleshpot, freckletone, a perfect day, close to real
(below these) Innocence Beware

(L to R) Quick Sizzle, Maybelline Fuchsia Fever, Watch me Simmer, Fresh Salmon

NessaMBaby

Ty,I am considering one of the quads too,but I'm so confused in which one,I never really tried bright eyeshadows before,always been into bright lips,but won't mind getting it a try. I am cool stoned nc25. I only got to swatch the colour added quad wasn't too impressed,I really only liked 2 of the eyeshadows in it,I wanted to swatch the other quads but all the mu's were busy doing makeovers on every1 there.

NessaMBaby

Decent haulage! Nice one

Cant wait to get my haul of my little Tread Gently TT, QS Lipstick and Colour added Quad

Ty,I am considering one of the quads too,but I'm so confused in which one,I never really tried bright eyeshadows before,always been into bright lips,but won't mind getting it a try. I am cool stoned nc25. I only got to swatch the shop & drop quad wasn't too impressed,I really only liked 2 of the eyeshadows in it,I wanted to swatch the other quads but all the mu's were busy doing makeovers on every1 there with them. :encore:Lemme know how you like your colour added quad, and I know you'll enjoy your goodies I hope. Xoo

Yazmin

The quads are usually a skip for me, and this collection was no exception....until I saw the swatches on MakeupByTiffanyD's blog and I caved and bought Shop & Drop. She has swatches of the other two as well: http://makeupbytiffanyd.blogspot.com/

I wish I had more restraint when it comes to MAC.
shrugs.gif

erinmichelle87

Same with me! (I always skip mac quads that is) Shop & Drop is actually my first ever Mac Quad! I love it. I wish the 15 pans were made like the quads are!

The quads are usually a skip for me, and this collection was no exception....until I saw the swatches on MakeupByTiffanyD's blog and I caved and bought Shop & Drop. She has swatches of the other two as well: http://makeupbytiffanyd.blogspot.com/

shrugs.gif

Thia Winter

shrugs.gif

I'm third on this one. I went to the event and had a great time and she did my eyes with shop and drop and that was all she wrote....it came home with me. It's the first quad I've actually liked all the colors in enough to buy!

Thia Winter

I got it too and it's my first as well! I just haven't found any quads I've liked all the colors in enough to actually purchase but this one I did.

sherm

I got to try Watch Me Simmer and wow... Such a lovely colour that looked sooooooooooo awful on me. It was almost funny. It seemed to go on kind of unevenly, although that might have just been that I applied it kind of quickly, but it looked just hideous on me. So I feel like I freed up a WMS to go to a good home by not buying one.

Here's a couple of pics of the Shop & Drop and Call Me Bubbles quad in action:

Dom is a big fan of orange/ gold eye shadow colours, so he really went for CMB in a big way. He commented on how nice it was before I even mentioned it was new. I did find that I had to added a touch of dark brown on the outer corner to deepen it a bit.
Gorgeous! Now I want Shop & Drop. What lippies are you wearing with your looks?

sss215

I am annoyed, the new Runaway Red I hauled is not the same color as the Runaway Red from MAC me over

take a look:

very noticible difference in the tube:

left, MAC Me Over Runaway Red
right, S3/C3 Runaway Red

top, MAC red
middle: Runaway Red from MAC Me Over
bottom: Runaway Red from S3/C3

now i get why some describe that its more bright red brown and some say its more deep red-blue

here is one more pic on a white background:

top: MAC Me Over
bottom: S3/C3

I really don't like this new one and thinking of returning it. The point of hauling another was due to its uniqueness in the MAC red family; and how it worked for me. I am so bummed because I am not going to try to get another one, have the same issue and keep making returns. All I know is that I don't want another one from the AA1 batch.

Damn!

ladyarwen

I used the Shop and Drop quad this morning. The only color I had issue with was Sugar Snack, as it's kinda chalky and doesn't show up particularly well on me. I imagine it'd do better on top of my NYX Milk pencil, but I didn't have time for that. I used it in the inner corners at first, but decided to just go over it with Hypnotizing, which is all over the lid. Power Boosted is in the creases, and Shop and Drop is in the very outter creases and on the bottom lash line. Sugar Snack is the highlight. Pink Cult and Lightscapade on the cheeks with So Vain on the lips. Off to work!

Anneri

I got to try Watch Me Simmer and wow... Such a lovely colour that looked sooooooooooo awful on me. It was almost funny. It seemed to go on kind of unevenly, although that might have just been that I applied it kind of quickly, but it looked just hideous on me. So I feel like I freed up a WMS to go to a good home by not buying one.

Here's a couple of pics of the Shop & Drop and Call Me Bubbles quad in action:

Dom is a big fan of orange/ gold eye shadow colours, so he really went for CMB in a big way. He commented on how nice it was before I even mentioned it was new. I did find that I had to added a touch of dark brown on the outer corner to deepen it a bit.
What lippie are you wearing in the left pic, Kate?
Both looks are gorgeous!

I can't for the life of me decide which quad I want - after I saw Christine's look with Color Added I wanted that, and after seeing your look with CMB I want this! Sigh...
I've the feeling though that CMB won't be as nice on me with my brownish eyes than an all you ladies with blue eyes!

Copperhead

I am annoyed, the new Runaway Red I hauled is not the same color as the Runaway Red from MAC me over

take a look:

very noticible difference in the tube:

left, MAC Me Over Runaway Red
right, S3/C3 Runaway Red

top, MAC red
middle: Runaway Red from MAC Me Over
bottom: Runaway Red from S3/C3

now i get why some describe that its more bright red brown and some say its more deep red-blue

here is one more pic on a white background:

top: MAC Me Over
bottom: S3/C3

I really don't like this new one and thinking of returning it. The point of hauling another was due to its uniqueness in the MAC red family; and how it worked for me. I am so bummed because I am not going to try to get another one, have the same issue and keep making returns.

Damn!
Wow. Now why'd they have to go and change it? I also was wondering why some were saying they were getting a fuschia tone with their new Runaway Red lipsticks from the S/C collection because I don't really have that with my MMO Runaway Red.

sss215

Wow. Now why'd they have to go and change it? I also was wondering why some were saying they were getting a fuschia tone with their new Runaway Red lipsticks from the S/C collection because I don't really have that with my MMO Runaway Red.
See they are all messed up! lol! I am over it, and will have to hold on real tightly to this one that I have. Unless I can find one that is not in the AA1 batch, but it seems like too much to do for a lipstick though.

Copperhead

See they are all messed up! lol! I am over it, and will have to hold on real tightly to this one that I have. Unless I can find one that is not in the AA1 batch, but it seems like too much to do for a lipstick though.
Is your Runaway Red from the MMO collection from batch B41? Mine is. I wonder if any B41's will ever end up in CCO's.

ahoythere

About the Shop & Drop Quad.....

DOES ANYONE OWN LEISURETIME FROM BELLE AZURE COLLECTION? I am wondering how close Power Boosted (the red-violet VP from the quad) compares......
I am trying not to buy the quad (even though I could use a back up of Hypnotizing since it is the best taupe of all times!), and If Leisuretime is similar to Power Boosted I can probably pass on it.

Would love any input if anyone owns this e/s!

Also, Profusion VS Watch Me Simmer?

Thanks!
bouquet.gif

Haven

I have been wearing WMS for several days now and have decided that I am buying 2x BUs if it ever reappears online. I also bought my first tendertones with this collection and at first didn't "get" the hype. Now I am ordering the ones that I didn't get the first time around, and I get the hype now! LOL

I am also rather happy with the Bubbles quad and may get one of the other 2 quads. MAC quads have seriously been lacking in recent collex, but this quad is pretty good. I admit that I was surprised.