MAC - Shop Shop Shop / Cook Cook Cook discussion

LivestrongH2

It is beautiful, but I'm really let down with the call me bubbles quad overall. The lightest color is invisible on me and the pink matte is chalky. sigh. I was hoping for more. I don't think I'll get much use out of it.

PixieDancer

Oh No! Please say it ain't so! This is the only quad I picked up from Shop/Cook, and I haven't played with it yet...
What sort of base did you use? Did you use it for a look or just swatches?

ladyarwen

Argh, the CMB quad is so gorgeous. I've got Fresh Daily on the inner thirds on my lids, Full of Flavour in the middle, and Brash on the outter thirds and in the creases. Call Me Bubbles is the highlight of course. Stunner is on the cheeks with Flaunting It on the lips.

duckrodeo

No hurries since it's perm! I think it's one of the greatest colors in their permanent line-up :) It's universally flattering across skin tones especially with it being a true red. The hint of brown is complimentary as well! I love it
heart.gif

duckrodeo

These are an x-post from the Nicki thread, but I swatched Naughty Saute and Gaga 1 next to each other...

Left is a shade shot, the right is a more direct natural light shot.
From top to bottom is Naughty Saute, Viva Glam Gaga 1, Viva Glam Nicki, and lastly Watch Me Simmer

In my preference, I think Naughty Saute is more wearable for me over Gaga 1; it's definitely brighter and a little more blue-based thus it won't make me feel like I'm washed out, like the lipstick is wearing me, instead of the other way around.

LivestrongH2

I only swatched it so far. I put in on makeupalley to swap, so I didn't want to use it anymore. I guess I know what works for me and this one is a miss. I actually think it could be an amazing quad for medium or darker skin tones. I'm pretty pale though, and with the lightest color being invisible on me, the pink matte being chalky.....I think the Brash would look harsh and unflattering on me. Brash is such a gorgeous eyeshadow if you can pull it off. It's so unique. Just not me. You might love it though.

LivestrongH2

I'm sooooo excited to get VG Nicki now!!!!!!!!!!!

These are an x-post from the Nicki thread, but I swatched Naughty Saute and Gaga 1 next to each other...

From top to bottom is Naughty Saute, Viva Glam Gaga 1, Viva Glam Nicki, and lastly Watch Me Simmer

In my preference, I think Naughty Saute is more wearable for me over Gaga 1; it's definitely brighter and a little more blue-based thus it won't make me feel like I'm washed out, like the lipstick is wearing me, instead of the other way around.

PixieDancer

I thought Viva Glam Nicki would be a pass for me... UGH! Have to have it now. Lippie overload here!
Thanks doll for the swatches!

PixieDancer

I see... Well, I'm NC30 so I hope it looks good on me. It's on my "things to try" list... which is MEGA long with all these new collections! I don't have enough face or days to try everything!
Thanks for the feedback. Fingers crossed.

LivestrongH2

I don't like to talk bad about products because it might discourage someone from getting it and it may have worked out great for them. I've skipped products in the past because of negative reviews then found out I loved them. Call me bubbles quad just wasn't my cup of tea. :) Let us know how you like it when you try it!

Alisha1

VG Nicki looks great!

Sappheiros

Oh my, Nicki and WMS are to die for!
eyelove.gif

I like Naughty Saute but I'm 100% sure that if I got this, I would harldy use it. It's better than the gaga1 though, it's more vibrant!

MadTheologian

I did pick up QS on the Thursday release date and wore it to work. When I arrived home, my husband told me that it looked great on me! Of all colors, he liked that one. I wanted to pick up the Butterfly Stack, but my television needed repair and the husband wanted his news fix. I rather have MAC eating my wallet than a busted TV!

EngineerBarbie

A few more swatch photos to share with you all. I'm still working on reviews for the eye shadow quads and blushes (spent today dropping by a MAC counter to get Added Goodness).

katred

Specktra Bestie
I got to try Watch Me Simmer and wow... Such a lovely colour that looked sooooooooooo awful on me. It was almost funny. It seemed to go on kind of unevenly, although that might have just been that I applied it kind of quickly, but it looked just hideous on me. So I feel like I freed up a WMS to go to a good home by not buying one.

Here's a couple of pics of the Shop & Drop and Call Me Bubbles quad in action:

Dom is a big fan of orange/ gold eye shadow colours, so he really went for CMB in a big way. He commented on how nice it was before I even mentioned it was new. I did find that I had to added a touch of dark brown on the outer corner to deepen it a bit.

PixieDancer

I got to try Watch Me Simmer and wow... Such a lovely colour that looked sooooooooooo awful on me. It was almost funny. It seemed to go on kind of unevenly, although that might have just been that I applied it kind of quickly, but it looked just hideous on me. So I feel like I freed up a WMS to go to a good home by not buying one.

Dom is a big fan of orange/ gold eye shadow colours, so he really went for CMB in a big way. He commented on how nice it was before I even mentioned it was new. I did find that I had to added a touch of dark brown on the outer corner to deepen it a bit.

I have to know what shadows you used and where from your CMB look!? Also, what lippie are you wearing w CMB look? I am drooling BIG TIME... You look AH-Mazing! I'm going to copy this asap! Thanks so much for getting me excited about my CMB quad!

singer82

Oh my. I think I want the colour added quad. For those who have it is it awesome? Do you think it will look good on a pale NC15 with light brown eyes?
I keep going back and forth on Watch Me Simmer. Duckrodeo are you NC15-20? Is it that bright on your lips as it looks on your arm? Your swatch looks brighter and more orange than clslvr6spd's and shes NC30. If its pink enough I still want it but if its a super bright orange lippy, its just not for me.
I cant wait to wear my new dress with Quick Sizzle! Is it spring yet? It's freezing here in Colorado, I'm ready to bust out these bright lippies!

UrbanSweetheart

you look gorgeous Katred!!
heart.gif
I love the CMB makeup look!

duckrodeo

Did anyone else notice that the Kissable Lip Colors are listed as $15 on Nordstrom? That's $4 cheaper than the MAC site! I wonder if/when they'll catch it...

I placed an order on Nordy's for a BU of Naughty Saute and I gave in and purchased Innocence, Beware. Yay for an awesomely-timed Nordstrom Note!

I have to say I was apprehensive about Watch Me Simmer - I usually don't do bright flourescent orange type colors. But now I can see why it sold out so quickly!
I gave in since it's a coral and decided to splurge with my first MAC order.... Now I wish I had a BU! I got loads of compliments on it today - It definitely pulled more pink with my lips, even with the opaque coverage of its amplified finish. Excuse the "mug shot" lol, but I took a portrait in natural daylight while I was on my break at work (hence the polo shirt and hair pulled back)... I'm so glad it's going to be re-promoted with So Reel/So Sexy!