MAC So Reel / Reel Sexy discussion

duckrodeo

Hmm. I'm not so sure about Reel Sexy, without the pink I worry about it looking flattering on me. Costa Chic is about as orange as I can get with lipsticks, and even then I feel more comfortable adding more pink to it with a gloss on top. Pink Popcorn looks gorgeous, though! I'm excited to get it :)

I was wondering how Star Quality and Double Dare compare but from the picture, Star Quality definitely looks less red than Double Dare. My tube of DD is almost done, sooo I might have to check out SQ!

Anitacska

I wore WMS the other day for the first time (yeah I know, shame on me, lol) and I was so pleasantly surprised by how non-orange it was on me, it looked a lot more pink than in the tube. Still very bright of course, but in this gorgeous spring sunshine anything goes. ;) I'm pretty sure I'll only pick up Heroine (if it's not too blue-purple) from the lipsticks.

2sPrincess

Reel Sexy looks nice, i missed Jazzed so i am kind of hoping there alike. I am a bit unsure on PP at the min have to wait for the swatches. Where are these due in the UK any know?

Mac-Guy

I hope Pink Popcorn comes out more pink on me. I'll pass if it turns out too purple. In that case ===> more for you guys. :)

Jol0

My CCO has Pink Cult...I'm nc30, should I run and get this?? I wanted that Magenta blush as well :/

Mac-Guy

My CCO has Pink Cult...I'm nc30, should I run and get this?? I wanted that Magenta blush as well :/

Run and save 30%. And get Magenta when it comes out. With all those repromotes, we'll find half of future collections in CCO's these days, ROFL.

Mac-Guy

Wouldn't you rather a fresh one?

PC was just released less than a year ago. I don't consider that old for a powder blush. It would be a different story if we were talking about a cream product.

It is really funny, but the time a collection hits CCO's, the product is repromoted. LOL. Oh my...

Colorqueen

Well I declare, I'm loving the look of Reel Sexy. I was expecting it to be more orange but it appears to be more of a peachy orange which is the only type of orange I can pull off. I'm hoping this will look like Ravishing big sister on me...so looks like MAC has got its hooks in me after all.

Looks to me like the flash lightened the color. I am suspecting it is more orange and bright than that photo shows- and less peachy.

princess sarah

I was really excited when I went into my local Mac counter today and found out that we in Australia are getting this collection in store a week after USA!!! I have my name down for preview before it goes instore so I can swatch to my hearts content

OhSoJaded

AAAAAAHHH! I'm new to the boards, and I love how reading through this thread has made me want EVERYTHING (when I originally only wanted one or two of the lippies)! Thanks so much for enabling me, hehe.

I have a Mac over scheduled for after work on launch day, but now I want to schedule it for earlier on, hehe.

OctoberViolet

th_770016001157748873-final.gif
& yes, we are the biggest bunch of enablers you will ever meet! We mean it all in a good makeup addicts way though. LOL!
specktra_welcome.gif

AAAAAAHHH! I'm new to the boards, and I love how reading through this thread has made me want EVERYTHING (when I originally only wanted one or two of the lippies)! Thanks so much for enabling me, hehe.

I have a Mac over scheduled for after work on launch day, but now I want to schedule it for earlier on, hehe.

aradhana

you'd think that...but the SA said it was basically to ensure that they continue to extend their sales, since they know consumers will flock to their store/counters on the release date....

i made an appointment anyway, but it's just so that i can get my makeup done while i buy things i would buy anyway...like the 286 brush!

lyseD

Saw the collection today everything is so pretty.

Heroine is VERY purple while Pink Popcorn is lavender. Reel Sexy was so pretty but I am getting coral/orange overload with Flamingo, WMS and FoL.

Cinestyle has very little colour but the other three are very pigmented and very lovely.

The Heirloom eye liner is fantastic. I was going to skip all the liners but this one is too beautiful to pass up. A really silvery-mauve. Can't wait.

Neither of the blushes came with the collection, not sure why.

She put away Pink Popcorn,and Heirloom and will save a Pink Cult for me when they come in. I love my counter.

gracie90

Quote: Originally Posted by lyseD
The Heirloom eye liner is fantastic. I was going to skip all the liners but this one is too beautiful to pass up. A really silvery-mauve. Can't wait.

I have it from when it was permanent a few years back - it's really pretty on the lower lash line with any purple/taupe/mauve eyeshadow on the lid!

Mac-Guy

you'd think that...but the SA said it was basically to ensure that they continue to extend their sales, since they know consumers will flock to their store/counters on the release date....

i made an appointment anyway, but it's just so that i can get my makeup done while i buy things i would buy anyway...like the 286 brush!
So will they hold stock for the event?

Urmi

Thanks for the descriptions!! Is heroine closest to up the amp, violetta or plum bright, in your opinion?
heart2.gif

Saw the collection today everything is so pretty.

Heroine is VERY purple while Pink Popcorn is lavender. Reel Sexy was so pretty but I am getting coral/orange overload with Flamingo, WMS and FoL.

Cinestyle has very little colour but the other three are very pigmented and very lovely.

Neither of the blushes came with the collection, not sure why.

She put away Pink Popcorn,and Heirloom and will save a Pink Cult for me when they come in. I love my counter.

Sugar & Spice

I saw the collection today too and Reel Sexy is indeed a peachy orange on me! Its on hold till the release date April 5 and I can't wait to purchase it. Everything else was a skip for me.

Sugar & Spice

You described Reel Sexy perfectly!

I posted this in the BOC forum, but I'll post it here too. I didn't get a chance to see Pink Popcorn.

Reel Sexy:
It's *nothing* like any of the coral lipsticks that have come out recently. It's lighter, softer, and more peach. It's a lot softer on me (NW 45/47) than it looked in the tube. As usual, because my lips are darker, I could only dab it on before it looked all kinds of crazy. It's a lot like Jazzed on me, but more vibrant/saturated. Shows texture like a mother, but no surprise there. It had to grow on me, but in the end, I really liked it! I think a LOT of girls will like this one, especially if you are NW/NC 40 and below.

Heroine:
I didn't try on Heroine (Idk where my head was at!), but it looks sooo pretty in the tube! It's a less radioactive purple version of Violetta.