MAC So Reel / Reel Sexy discussion

BEEaboutmakeup

I actually called PRO Nashville this morning and ordered 4 blushes from the TC collection along with BU's of Pink Popcorn, Heroine, and Star Quality cremesheen glass. I also ordered Dynamic Duo:2. Dynamic Duo:3 is the best out of them all, but 2 kept calling me lol so I'm gonna give it a try.

BEEaboutmakeup

Thank you! You can't go wrong with both Heroine and Violetta because one is SLIGHTLY darker than the other. The majority of my lip liners are from NYX and MUFE... I have a few MAC lip pencils... So even though I haven't paired a lip liner with Pink Popcorn yet, I would say:

1.) NYX- Purple Rain (all time favorite of mine)
2.) NYX- Hot Pink
3.) MAC- Embrace Me (LE unfortunately)
4.) MAC- Just Wonderful
5.) MAC- Magenta

I own all of these and I know they would look great with Pink Popcorn. If you want to pull the lavender/purple out of Pink Popcorn, go with #'s 1,4 and 5. If you want to enhance the pink undertones in Pink Popcorn, go with #'s 2 and 3 (if it's still on the site).

Plus, NYX lip liners are like $3.50 a pop so you won't have to break the bank. They're pretty decent for a low-end brand.

Playtime is a tad darker than Pink Popcorn and also more opaque. Hope this helps!

What lip liner would you recommend for pink popcorn and do you think it's similar to playtime?

BEEaboutmakeup

Thank you ^__^

Spice Pink Popcorn up with something like Just Wonderful l/l from MAC or Purple Rain l/l from NYX to bring out the purple undertones of the lipstick. The color of a lipstick or gloss always depends on the natural pigmentation of the lips.

And I ordered Peony Petal blush this morning along with 3 other blushes from the TC collection! I'm sooooo excited to get those !

BEEaboutmakeup

lol Exactly. Can't go wrong with a $5 gloss. I finished nude colors like Miami Babe, Natural, and Tanned. I can't get enough of those. Muting out the natural pigmentation of you lips with concealer is always a great way to to amp up a lip color. Go for it. =)

I get mine on Monday from Nordstrom so I'm not sure what it will look like yet. I wish that my lips weren't as mauve because for light colors, it's hard to get more than a sheer wash. I may try and mute my lip color down with some concealor so I can get something closer to the real shade. I really might pick up some NYX glosses. I only have a couple, Smokey Eyes and Soap Opera I think, but I love them! Plus I don't feel as guilty if I can't finish them, because I'm only spending $5 or so.

Knope2012

I will! I just picked up a few NYX glosses, including Crystal Soda on Ulta since they're 40% off right now. I should've bought Lip Erase one of the 15 times it was repromoted, but I could always get it off of Pro. I did end up buying Star Quality this morning as my first creemesheen gloss, so I can't wait to try it. I sort of wish this had been a bigger collection.

Edelmc

Thank you!  You can't go wrong with both Heroine and Violetta because one is SLIGHTLY darker than the other.  The majority of my lip liners are from NYX and MUFE... I have a few MAC lip pencils... So even though I haven't paired a lip liner with Pink Popcorn yet, I would say:

1.) NYX- Purple Rain (all time favorite of mine)
2.) NYX- Hot Pink
3.) MAC- Embrace Me (LE unfortunately)
4.) MAC- Just Wonderful
5.) MAC- Magenta

I own all of these and I know they would look great with Pink Popcorn.  If you want to pull the lavender/purple out of Pink Popcorn, go with #'s 1,4 and 5.  If you want to enhance the pink undertones in Pink Popcorn, go with #'s 2 and 3 (if it's still on the site).

Plus, NYX lip liners are like $3.50 a pop so you won't have to break the bank.  They're pretty decent for a low-end brand.

Playtime is a tad darker than Pink Popcorn and also more opaque.  Hope this helps!

Thank you so much for the detailed response. I have been thinking of trying out just wonderful liner so I will check if it's still in my store tomorrow. Has anybody in Europe seen this collection pop up in store today?

lyseD

I left Pink Popcorn behind today -- it was just too similar to Budding Love. I brought home Reel Sexy without trying it on and am not too sure about it. It is really orange on me. I'll probably try it with a couple of different liners and find a way to make it work.

Sugar & Spice

I only got Pink Popcorn. I had already pretty much decided last night I didn't want Reel Sexy anymore but I tried it on again just to make sure and I still wasn't feeling it but PP is GORGE! Everyone was coming in asking for PP but it was already sold out but it was there waiting for me thanks to my great peeps at Nordies.

Knope2012

Those are great suggestions! I just picked up Purple Rain with the Ebay bucks I had for this quarter and only ended up spending $2. I need some lipliners anyway.

baghdad81

I looked at this collection and was only interested in RS and PC. Reel Sexy is reel orange and I just decided I have about had it with corally lipglosses. Bye bye!!! PC I picked up. To the ladies who can pull of Heroine, kudos to you. I looked horrible with Heroine on. Star Quality was pretty but I can't justify 22$ on it. I didn't love it!! The lightscapade they had was soooooooooooo pretty and blue!! I already have one so I didn't pick that up!

Knope2012

The lightscapade they had was soooooooooooo pretty and blue!! I already have one so I didn't pick that up!

I'm pale, but Heroine actually didn't look too crazy on me. I wore it out for errands, and I didn't find that it was any bolder than a red or pink. It may be a chameleon shade like VG Nicki seems to be.

baghdad81

I'm pale, but Heroine actually didn't look too crazy on me. I wore it out for errands, and I didn't find that it was any bolder than a red or pink. It may be a chameleon shade like VG Nicki seems to be.
Maybe I was scared to love it so that I don't have to buy it??? Reverse psychology???LOL

krystyles

I know its probably a long shot but if you can get your hands on temperature rising (2 years ago from to the beach) it is awesome.., I have both TTB lip liners (the pink also) and no other mac liners I own are that soft!! it is insane and the colour is amazing, goes with all my bright orange/coral colours

Thank your for that suggestion. I looked up a dupe for that and I saw someone mention Prestige poppy lip liner and it looks really close!

amynicolaox

Just got home from my counter; purchased Reel Sexy lipstick (all the MUAs were wearing it and they had girls working from NC15-50 wearing it, and it looked great on them all, just depends how you tweak it with liner/gloss), Watch Me Simmer (I need to go back for a backup) and Star Quality (such a pretty gloss, a definite sleeper hit)

OhSoJaded

Lightscapade is the one item that I'm unwilling to purchase online. I want a pretty blue one! I hope I can find one when I get to the store later today.
Quote: Originally Posted by baghdad81
The lightscapade they had was soooooooooooo pretty and blue!! I already have one so I didn't pick that up!

BEEaboutmakeup

I'm gonna make a run to Ulta when I get off work since I live 5 minutes away from the store. I hope they have the 40% off sale here too!

I will! I just picked up a few NYX glosses, including Crystal Soda on Ulta since they're 40% off right now. I should've bought Lip Erase one of the 15 times it was repromoted, but I could always get it off of Pro. I did end up buying Star Quality this morning as my first creemesheen gloss, so I can't wait to try it. I sort of wish this had been a bigger collection.

BEEaboutmakeup

Thanks! I'm gonna try Just Wonderful with PP l/s sometime next week... sounds promising. And yay!! When I do my makeup collection video you'll see the massive collection of NYX lip liners on top of the stand. With NYX lip liners, it's best if you don't sharpen them too hard. They apply smoothly when the pencil is semi sharp... if that makes any sense lol

Let me know how you like Crystal Soda btw ... It's gives lipsticks a glossy shine & you can see hints of glitter. Nothing crazy like NARS Moonfleet lol

Those are great suggestions! I just picked up Purple Rain with the Ebay bucks I had for this quarter and only ended up spending $2. I need some lipliners anyway.

yummy411

Ok I just added up my list for this, Tres Cheek and Extra Dimension and I need to save some cash somewhere. Does anyone have Ever So Rich cremesheen glass that they can compare to Cinestyle and help me save a few bucks? Tia!

sorry i'm not at home now, but for a fact cinestyle is def more pigmented than ever so rich. i used ESR once and was so disappointed.. cinestyle reminds me more of revlon's super lustrous gloss lilac pastell... now i must compare at home and i'll share later!

yummy411

OK - do I NEED Reel Sexy l/s? I have Flamingo...

unless you want a thicker, creamier orange than flamingo's pretty bold sheer texture.... i would say no. i think i would have been cool without reel sexy... because of the kind of color it is on my nc43 ish skin tone, i have to "make it work" ugh

mrsjakeryan

happy mac launch day!! (at least to those in the US)
yahoo.gif
so i went to my mac store first thing this morning to pick out the lipsticks (and blushes, and eyeshadows, etc.) that i wanted.
blush-anim-cl.gif
when i got there, there was one other girl there and she told the MA that she was there to pick up a lipstick she had on hold. (which coincidently was the only lipstick they were sold out of. at 11am. right when they opened.) so the MA looked at me and asked if i was there to pick up something that i had on hold. to which i replied, "no, because i was always told you guys didn't hold items." she got flustered and was like, "oh... um, well... sometimes we do." which is crap cause they've always told me no. ah well... rant over. :)

i ended up with RS, PP and a back up of WMS. aaand a back up of pink cult which i've been wearing just about everyday for the past 3 months. i also got hyacinth e/l and really really love this blue! its not so dark/navy-ish that you can't tell its blue. i have a few of those already so this is perfect! came home and immediately put it on my lower lash line (with a very neutral eye otherwise). gorg!!

hope you all are enjoying your goodies too!!