MAC Spring '07 Color Collections [moonbathe, sunstrip, tendertones, slimshine]

styrch

Hmmm... really doesn't seem like a lot of product and reported prices seem high. Is it the packaging?
hmm.gif

charismaticlime

I was so sure I wasn't gonna even look at any Tendertones after reading their descriptions, but these new pics are luring me in!

Lovinya02

I hope no one posted these already.. I tried to scroll thru and I didnt see them.
smiles.gif
Taken from ebay!

tenderbaby.jpg

Tender Baby

softnote.jpg

Softnote

I sooooo want Softnote after seeing these
smiles.gif

Lovinya02

More Tendertone ebay pics:

tendertones.jpg

Colors are: Hush Hush, Take a Hint, Softnote, Deep Sigh, Pucker, Tender Baby, Purring.

Enjoy!

Ernie

Re: MAC - Tendertones - May 07

Quote:
Originally Posted by MAC_Pixie04
are those lipglosses in fluidline pots??

Actually, I did'nt think about it, but yeah they are quite similar.

Ms. Z

I headed to the Pro Store last night to check out Moonbathe & Sunstrip; I didn’t like anything from these collections (except the packaging); and I found the Saturnal e/s hideous. *the orange l/g was pretty but too frosty for me

They also had the Tendertones, pretty colors, but the consistency was a bit too soft for my taste. I might give in & purchase Tender Baby (that color is really pretty & smells good too!)

The MUA’s were painting the face charts while I was at the store; to my surprise they were using the eye shadows from the Matte 2 collection! The colors are wonderful; I can’t wait to get these.

continued on Matte 2 thread http://www.specktra.net/showthread.php?p=763513#post763513

Dark_Phoenix

Quote:
Originally Posted by MAC_Pixie04
are those lipglosses in fluidline pots??

That's what I thought they looked like too!
I really like the pink colors but these things are sooo not going where I keep my other MAC mu. I'm scared I'll apply one of them thinking it's a fluidline.

Ernie

Quote:
Originally Posted by Emma_Frost
That's what I thought they looked like too!
I really like the pink colors but these things are sooo not going where I keep my other MAC mu. I'm scared I'll apply one of them thinking it's a fluidline.

The jar is a lot bigger and heavier than a fluidline one, you definitely can feel the difference!

AmyHeimo

If you do a search on maccosmetics.com for "moonbathe" or "sunstrip" or "tendertones" the products come up and are available for purchase!
smiles.gif

princess

I have to say I am safe from Tendertones!
clap.gif
Not a very good idea to use the same packaging as fluidlines.

BlahWah

Re: MAC - Moon Bathe - May 07

Since someone ends up asking for facecharts down the road anyway, I figured I'd post them up. They're cropped and resized, so if anyone wants the full version just pm me with your email addie.

Moonbathe
Moonbathe-MoonbatheMay.2007_Page_1_137830.jpg

Honeymoon
Moonbathe-Honeymoon-May.2007_Page_1_732318.jpg

Solar Plum
Moonbathe-SolarPlum-May.2007_Page_1_88520.jpg

Dark Flower
Moonbathe-DarkFlower-May.2007_Page_1_33799.jpg

Diskordia

Bought some Moonbathe and Tendertones today

so my nice MA did let me have a peak on the new collection and let me buy a few things in advance, yeah.

here is a quick review

Firespot: someone said it's like amberlights and rule had a baby - and she was right! I would also say it's the orange sister of expensive pink.
firespot is a beautiful golden orange and an absolute must have

Saturnal: this IS Sable Wrap from the warm eye palette last year but sable wrap has the better texture, some how softer. it's a muted olive green with fine gold glitter

Claire de Lune: this one is soooo close to Motif it's a shame because I really wanted to buy it. motif is a pale yellow with pink duochrome shimmer, while this one is more yellow beige with a pink duochrome shimmer. if you don't have motif, get it because it's really pretty

Cosmic: it's gold.....and close to woodwinked. nothing special

Sunmetal: really gold and too frosty for my taste

Solar - Plum: this one is awesome!!!! if you like Viva Glam VI, O or Modern Miss you gonna love this one!

Eclipse: can we say dark??? eclipse is really dark, but really pretty so if you can pull off dark lippies give it a try

Honey Moon: pretty, pretty, pretty but looked aweful with my coloring and washed me out, I bet it would look stunning with a darker skintone than mine. I would say a "warm pink bronze" is pretty accurate, but I would add "nude" to it

Dark Flower l/g: I really like this, it's pretty close to tranceplant lustreglass, a warm chocolate plum berry color. looks great over solar plum

Afterdusk This blush is the highlight IMO. it's a great soft plummy, pinkish something with a beautiful golden shimmer! not glitter but shimmer. I would say it's the much more softer and more wearable sister of flirt & tease with gold instead of silver. and while a have to use a very light hand with flirt and tease, I can really layer this one. and for some strange reason the texture is a lot more powdery than other sheertones, don't ask me why

Tendertones:
I never thought I'd buy one of these, come on 18 Euros for a TLC? No way! Well, I was wrong
smiles.gif
These are really nice and I got Deep Sigh which is the dark bronze colored one. They smell of watermelon, feel great (a bit like the slimeshines, kind of gel-like) and have better staying powers than the regular ones. I actually might go back and buy another one
smiles.gif

I'm and NC15/20 for reference

juicyaddict

Re: Bought some Moonbathe and Tendertones today

After your review I think I will get firespot, claire de lune, cranberry (pro pan only since I plan to depot anyway), then either saturnal or cosmic. Then honeymoon, solar plum, and afterdusk. The rest I will find out when I see them in person. I know I'll end up buying more.

charismaticlime

I thought Claire de Lune reminded me of Motif... and Cosmic did look like Woodwinked on some of the swatch pics. Too bad, cause those two were the only ones I was remotely interested in... but I guess now I can check out Tendertones instead - those look slightly promising.

AudreyNicole

Re: Bought some Moonbathe and Tendertones today

Quote:
Originally Posted by Diskordia
so my nice MA did let me have a peak on the new collection and let me buy a few things in advance, yeah.

here is a quick review

Firespot: someone said it's like amberlights and rule had a baby - and she was right! I would also say it's the orange sister of expensive pink.
firespot is a beautiful golden orange and an absolute must have

Saturnal: this IS Sable Wrap from the warm eye palette last year but sable wrap has the better texture, some how softer. it's a muted olive green with fine gold glitter

Claire de Lune: this one is soooo close to Motif it's a shame because I really wanted to buy it. motif is a pale yellow with pink duochrome shimmer, while this one is more yellow beige with a pink duochrome shimmer. if you don't have motif, get it because it's really pretty

Cosmic: it's gold.....and close to woodwinked. nothing special

Sunmetal: really gold and too frosty for my taste

Solar - Plum: this one is awesome!!!! if you like Viva Glam VI, O or Modern Miss you gonna love this one!

Eclipse: can we say dark??? eclipse is really dark, but really pretty so if you can pull off dark lippies give it a try

Honey Moon: pretty, pretty, pretty but looked aweful with my coloring and washed me out, I bet it would look stunning with a darker skintone than mine. I would say a "warm pink bronze" is pretty accurate, but I would add "nude" to it

Dark Flower l/g: I really like this, it's pretty close to tranceplant lustreglass, a warm chocolate plum berry color. looks great over solar plum

Afterdusk This blush is the highlight IMO. it's a great soft plummy, pinkish something with a beautiful golden shimmer! not glitter but shimmer. I would say it's the much more softer and more wearable sister of flirt & tease with gold instead of silver. and while a have to use a very light hand with flirt and tease, I can really layer this one. and for some strange reason the texture is a lot more powdery than other sheertones, don't ask me why

Tendertones:
I never thought I'd buy one of these, come on 18 Euros for a TLC? No way! Well, I was wrong
smiles.gif
These are really nice and I got Deep Sigh which is the dark bronze colored one. They smell of watermelon, feel great (a bit like the slimeshines, kind of gel-like) and have better staying powers than the regular ones. I actually might go back and buy another one
smiles.gif

I'm and NC15/20 for reference

Thank you for the GREAT review! I can not wait for Afterdusk blush and Firespot e/s now! I am assuming since you and NC15 and I am NW15 that Honeymoon wont work for me either, so I will probably pass on that one. Did you get to see Moonbathe l/g and Other Wordly blush? Those were the other two things on my list... I can't wait for Tendertones either... I was going to pass on these, but I don't think I Will be able to! Can't wait for Thursday!
smiles.gif