MAC Star Trek Collection (Aug 25/Sep 1, 2016)

lustreglam

So I went back to the store to see the collection and I got Highly Illogical after a MA put it on my skin. Loved it so I purchased that. I also picked up Khaaaan! lipgloss, To Boldly go pigment, LLAP lipstick, and another back up of "Where no other man has gone before". I am officially done. I WAS eyeing the Luna Luster but it did look way too glittery and well...I was getting ahead of myself already.

I think the last Mac Haul I had was the riri collection! Anyway, happy with my purchases. :)

NATlar

I'm not sure if it's an overspray for everyone but it seems like my Luna Luster had one... it was glittery on me at first now it's not it's so beautiful!!

boschicka

I'm not sure if it's an overspray for everyone but it seems like my Luna Luster had one... it was glittery on me at first now it's not it's so beautiful!!

Ugh, not for me. Glittery through and through. Glad you are enjoying yours!!! I looks beautiful on your skin tone from your swatch pic.

ThatsGorJESS

I was thinking the same thing. I have Highly Illogical and the area where I swatched and dabbed with brush kinda has a oily look. I cant really describe it but you can tell the part that I used.

LV2EVOLVE

My Luna Luster isn't a glitter bomb. It's peachy when I load up my brush and goes on with very little glitter. It reflects a silvery white. LLAP is also working well with Chanel Rouge Vie.

Sweetyellow

I paired LLAP with Stripdown + Cork and Water Deities lipglass from Alluring Aquatics and goodness is this combo, so so stunning! I'm very pleased with everything I picked up from this collection.

DeAnn Smith

Question for those of you who got Naked Time. Is it a must purchase? Thoughts? I have a electric cool eyeshadow Pure Flash. Any thoughts on how that compares? I have never figured out the big difference between electric cool eyeshadows and pressed pigments.

NATlar

If you have Luna Cream Colour base try that in your highlight spots then put Luna Luster over.... been loving that combo last few days with Highly Illogical as a blush!!!

Marsha Pomells

I'm considering buying KIO to do that or put it over Heroine liner I think that would look so pretty!!!

It'll look more than pretty. KIO is stunning, as a layering lipstick or on its own. It is quite gritty, that's the only down side to it.

patentg33k

Question for those of you who got Naked Time. Is it a must purchase? Thoughts? I have a electric cool eyeshadow Pure Flash. Any thoughts on how that compares? I have never figured out the big difference between electric cool eyeshadows and pressed pigments.

Naked Time is a nice all purpose color but I thought the formula was quite dry and very sparkly. I passed. If you are okay with the formula for the Light Fantastic highlighters, then you will probably be okay with Naked Time (the formula felt similar--not soft, creamy etc).

Monsy

Naked Time is a nice all purpose color but I thought the formula was quite dry and very sparkly. I passed. If you are okay with the formula for the Light Fantastic highlighters, then you will probably be okay with Naked Time (the formula felt similar--not soft, creamy etc).

thank you
money saved

DeAnn Smith

Went to Macy's to sample. I wanted to compare Naked Time to Pure Flash. Pure Flash is more champagne, while Naked Time is more glittery and taupe. I put Luna Luster on...and boy it required a lot of layering and totally felt chalky. Glad I didn't splurge for any of those trip the light fantastic powders.
They were sold out of LLAP and Where No Man Gone Before lipsticks. They were sold out of all the lipglasses but Warp Speed Ahead and only had one left. They were sold out of most of the eyeshadows including Naked Time (which was good for me. The sales lady is a sweetheart to me and I didn't have the heart to tell her I'll be buying online from Mac now due to their point system and not getting credit for Macy's purchases......so I could say I was there to buy but didn't since sold out. White lie ok right?).

Added: So before the 2-day shipping deal expired tonight I ordered Naked Time and a backup of Khaaaaannn! I'm having skipper's remorse about To Boldly Go. Like mega remorse....should I have gone for that instead of Naked Time? ARGH! I thought LLAP was very nice but I'm hoping to get the neutral from the Selena collection.....so I have no remorse about that.

I hate MAC. I had been having skipper's remorse about Naked Time. I scratch that itch and now bit by to Boldly Go! (and a teensy amount of remorse over no BU over Warp Speed Ahead...I do love a plum lipglass, but I have a bunch still to be used. Khaaaannn! seems so unique to me)

Last edited:

geeko

I didn't buy anything much just 3 items

Liap lipstick, Highly illogical powder and the brown pressed pigment

14212115_10209028619105366_7407092115012156130_n.jpg

14232501_10209028621105416_2716859444586044509_n.jpg

Latest posts