MAC Strength Collection Discussion (December 2012)

Audrey C

I just received Poised - I don't think I like it as much as I hoped I would. It's a bit browner than I hoped, I think. I have a slew of neutral blush (Douceur, Prism, Blushbaby and The Perfect Cheek) so I probably should have just skipped this one because I sure didn't need it. Still, I usually love these shades and this one is just ok on me.

I'll try it another time or two and then swap it if I don't like it much more than I do now. I'm wearing it almost as a contour with Stereo Rose because I really didn't care for it on its own.

lilinah

Quote: Originally Posted by erine1881
For some reason T&L isn't as sparkly as the other two. And it helps that it's the exact same colour as my skin-jellyfish.

Good to know. I skipped it when Venomous Villains came out and never got around to getting one - couldn't make up my mind between T&L or HR, but your comment is helping me lean to T&L.

lilinah

edit: In the reviews I guess someone said they discontinued the other shades.. But if you are on the fairer side I would give it a shot!
yes.gif
With the now on-line only Prescriptives, they seem to try to sell out of things, then some months later may bring some of them back. But it's hard to predict what will be back...

They originally went on-line just to sell out of all the warehouse stock when EL was discontinuing the line. But they've been doing enough business to keep making more - not the full line, and whatever they are continuing to make isn't all available all the time. But if you have some favorites it's worth looking at from time to time.

purplemaren

I've never tried T&L, is it worth the $30 to see if I like it? Does it make a mess easily? Usually I hate loose powders because they are so messy

ChosenOne

mac_boxday.gif
FINALLY got my things that I ordered 12/23 today! The only thing I ordered from this particular collection was SW l/s. I only tried it on quickly, since I have no other makeup on today (gasp!) but my first impression is that it reminds me of a deeper version of Rebel. I'll have to play and compare, but I definitely don't feel that it looks at all like SI from the TT collection! I love them both and feel totally justified in having bought them both. Maybe I'll rock this one to work tomorrow
heart.gif

Spectacular

Hello all, newbie here.

I ordered Apres Chic, Strong Woman, and Firm Form from the two collections. I had a feeling I wouldn't be crazy about Strong Woman once I started seeing swatches but I hoped there'd be something a little unique that would make the choice worth it...sadly, no.

I already have Heroine, Gladiola, Petals and Peacocks and Strong Woman just kinda sits there, totally dull on me.

Luckily I'm happy with Apres Chic (an adorable creamy pink/red) and Firm Form is semi-unique enough for me to keep playing with it.

GlamQueen21

I saw this collection in person yesterday! My MAC store was sold out of all but Absolute Power l/s! I didn't swatch the blushes since I didn't bother with them. I cannot wait to get my goodies soon from this collection!

TXBeautyBaby

So I finally got my lippies from the pro store in Vegas. I am actually suprised that I prefer pink pigeon over party parrot being that I am an nw45. I think because I naturally have dark pigmented lips PiPi just goes on better. I bought a bu of party parrot but in debating if I should exchange it for Pink pigeon

TXBeautyBaby

So I finally got my lippies from the pro store in Vegas. I am actually suprised that I prefer pink pigeon over party parrot being that I am an nw45. I think because I naturally have dark pigmented lips PiPi just goes on better. I bought a bu of party parrot but in debating if I should exchange it for Pink pigeon

Yazmin

I may try to sell or swap Poised. I haven't tried it on but when I set it next to Small Vanity, there's some similarity, though it's lighter than SV. It's a pretty shade, but I think on my skin tone it's not light or bright enough to be a good highlighter, nor is it a deep enough neutral to show up on my skin without looking ashy. SV's probably the lightest I can go for a neutral blush and still have it show up on my skin without having to load it on.

Anyone else with NC50 skin tone have Poised?

TXBeautyBaby

Medgal07

Medgal07 would you be willing to post a pic of Pink bronze in the swatch thread? TIA
I just ordered another because I'm all out. Happy to when it arrives, unless someone else has one to swatch before then. It's very pretty and so worth having--I've only ever completely used up two pigments and they were Chocolate Brown & Pink Bronze!

Medgal07

Hello all, newbie here.

I ordered Apres Chic, Strong Woman, and Firm Form from the two collections. I had a feeling I wouldn't be crazy about Strong Woman once I started seeing swatches but I hoped there'd be something a little unique that would make the choice worth it...sadly, no.

I already have Heroine, Gladiola, Petals and Peacocks and Strong Woman just kinda sits there, totally dull on me.

Luckily I'm happy with Apres Chic (an adorable creamy pink/red) and Firm Form is semi-unique enough for me to keep playing with it.
Welcome Spectacular!!!
th_770016001157748873-final.gif
grouphug2.gif

Medgal07

I saw this collection in person yesterday! My MAC store was sold out of all but Absolute Power l/s! I didn't swatch the blushes since I didn't bother with them. I cannot wait to get my goodies soon from this collection!
What did you order GlamQueen21?

2browneyes

I just ordered another because I'm all out. Happy to when it arrives, unless someone else has one to swatch before then. It's very pretty and so worth having--I've only ever completely used up two pigments and they were Chocolate Brown & Pink Bronze!

Audrey C

I may try to sell or swap Poised. I haven't tried it on but when I set it next to Small Vanity, there's some similarity, though it's lighter than SV. It's a pretty shade, but I think on my skin tone it's not light or bright enough to be a good highlighter, nor is it a deep enough neutral to show up on my skin without looking ashy. SV's probably the lightest I can go for a neutral blush and still have it show up on my skin without having to load it on.

Anyone else with NC50 skin tone have Poised?
I don't like it either and I'm about NC22 right now. It's just not a flattering shade; it's a bit muddy even lightly applied. I have far more flattering neutrals so this one won't end up getting worn. It's going back in the morning.

liba

I've never tried T&L, is it worth the $30 to see if I like it? Does it make a mess easily? Usually I hate loose powders because they are so messy
It doesn't make a mess - there's a shaker top and you only want to get a little bit up over the strainer at a time…helps it keep the moistness longer when you only take a little at a time from the main part of the jar. Also because of the water content it doesn't fly all over the place when you open the jar or put some on your brush. I'm sad to see these go, unless maybe they come out with something better that doesn't have the risk of over-applying like the MCLP does.