MAC Strength Collection Discussion (December 2012)

erine1881

Make sure you check out the MAC online 'Goodbyes.'  Some of the eye shadows might be on your list.  I couldn't believe they're doing away with Chocolate Brown pigment--one of my favs.  :shock:
Same with pink bronze, samoa silk, the magically cool liquid powders, my HG cleanser-cremewash, enchantress gloss...

Medgal07

Im totally new to this but I'm staying in tonight and I'm still wearing my Strong Woman lippie to celebrate! The color is a little less purple in this pic than it is in real life (there's iphone pics for you) but Happy New Year everyone!
Just beautiful!!!!
pretty.gif
Welcome to Specktra Safi101
specktra_welcome.gif

Medgal07

I say you put on your lipstick and have a good time in the house. I think I'll do just that....put on a pretty face and sit and watch the ball drop :)
2browneyes, your avatar pic is so pretty. We stayed in also, but I wore 'special' loungewear and full makeup, hair & nails. ABSOLUTELY! Had a great time and hope you did too.
HAPPY NEW YEAR---may it be filled with happiness, health and lots of makeup!

cheerleader.gif
grouphug2.gif

ahoythere

Can anyone tell me the difference between Charmed I'm sure and Absolute Power? Same texture? Sheen? Is one lighter or brighter? I have this idea that AP is a bit brighter and less likely to settle darkly into lip lines.....am I making this up? Wishful thinking perhaps? I've recently realized that I prefer my reds on the brighter side, just because they settle and fade more "prettily" than richer reds. I loved DA, but only for about 5 minutes, then it just looked tired and old whereas Moxie and Red Racer tend to fade more evenly and don't fill up my crackly lips with dark pigment. Anyway, thanks in advance!!!

liba

Same with pink bronze, samoa silk, the magically cool liquid powders, my HG cleanser-cremewash, enchantress gloss...
I already threw a MCLP in my cart last week when I saw that. Sure, there are most fool-proof powders with a similar effect now, but the cooling sensation was so nice. I thought it was going to stay perm much longer :(

2browneyes

2browneyes, your avatar pic is so pretty. We stayed in also, but I wore 'special' loungewear and full makeup, hair & nails. ABSOLUTELY! Had a great time and hope you did too.
HAPPY NEW YEAR---may it be filled with happiness, health and lots of makeup!

cheerleader.gif
grouphug2.gif
Thanks Medgal07. I stayed in, talked on the phone, cooked...didn't have a chance to put on a face but it was a good night. Thanks
And yes, lots of happiness, health and makeup to you as well :)

ladyarwen

I wore Strong Woman yesterday, and it's quite gorgeous. I thought it might be similar to Spitfire, but Spitfire is lighter and a touch pinker.

ladyarwen

Im totally new to this but I'm staying in tonight and I'm still wearing my Strong Woman lippie to celebrate! The color is a little less purple in this pic than it is in real life (there's iphone pics for you) but Happy New Year everyone!
You are super gorgeous!

erine1881

I already threw a MCLP in my cart last week when I saw that. Sure, there are most fool-proof powders with a similar effect now, but the cooling sensation was so nice. I thought it was going to stay perm much longer :(
Same here. T&L is in my cart right now! They never sold at my counter, but I'm surprised they're chucking em this fast already!

MACJunkie85

Corally

Same here. T&L is in my cart right now! They never sold at my counter, but I'm surprised they're chucking em this fast already!
I'm also surprised! I love T&L, it's such a pretty highlighter!

erine1881

Same here! The only downside was if you applied it too heavily, it could get streaky. Mine stayed nice and wet too - the jar didn't dry up like I thought it would.
Mine dried a little, but i still use it! And yes, too much it does get caked and streaky!