MAC Strength Collection Discussion (December 2012)

nuclearteeth

Im totally new to this but I'm staying in tonight and I'm still wearing my Strong Woman lippie to celebrate! The color is a little less purple in this pic than it is in real life (there's iphone pics for you) but Happy New Year everyone!
Oh, you're gorgeous! And Strong Woman looks lovely on you.
heart.gif

lilinah

Quote: Originally Posted by Haven
I hunted down Taupe Shape. I must say that it seems much more "user friendly" in my novice hands than Notorious. I didn't have the blending issues with TS that I had with Notorious. Still trying to make Notorious work though.

I have both, because if it looks unconventional or unnatural, i want it
th_rolleye0014.gif
blink.gif

Taupe Shape is closer to a natural skin tone, so, for that reason TS is more "forgiving" and less obvious if not expertly blended - and, hey, i'm no expert.

Notorious is somewhat mauve-grey-taupe, so more unnatural. I've found that to get it to blend, i need use a soft powder on my cheeks before applying it and then use a separate buffing brush. I think it is probably not truly worth more than twice as much as TS, but it is certainly a very high quality product in a much nicer compact than MAC's and it is a color unlike any other. It's the color of shadow at dusk. Sad to say, Chanel rarely re-promotes a color, to the best of my knowledge, so i doubt it will come back.

lilinah

Quote: Originally Posted by Mac-Guy
I'm not sure why T compared TS somehow to Equilibrium or Pressed Amber.
th_crazy2.gif
They don't look anything alike as they are not in the same color family. At all! TS is cool-toned and E and PA are rather warm.

I suspect it is because Strength and Apres Chic came out at the same time and people will wonder how close those products are to each other.

lilinah

Quote: Originally Posted by admmgz
I guess I'm the only one that's not fully satisfied with my lippies
ssad.gif
I thought they looked good on in the store- maybe their lighting makes everything look better lol

Then your store is real different from mine! There isn't enough light to see the differences between many colors. I'm always squeezing myself into the window or going out the front door onto the street to get enough good light to see the colors.

LAKESHA1908

Thanks, I will try and see because, I know if they ever re-stock online I will miss it!!! I really love Warm Companion ; ) I don't mind frost finishes! I think I am on a no buy till VIVA GLAM NICKI 2 and then Archie's Girls...Unless they surprise us with a lovely collection in btw time ; )

LAKESHA1908

Sweet haul!!! Try that store again and have it shipped or try another fee-standing store and have it shipped. I think they must have experienced a situation in which they held items for many people and they never showed to retrieve them. I don't know that it's ever been a problem when they know you from frequent purchases and/or visits. I really hope you find Pink Pigeon!!!
Thanks, I will try and see because, I know if they ever re-stock online I will miss it!!! I really love Warm Companion ; ) I don't mind frost finishes! I think I am on a no buy till VIVA GLAM NICKI 2 and then Archie's Girls...Unless they surprise us with a lovely collection in btw time ; )

liba

Happy New Year's ladies!! I wish I had somewhere to go tonight to wear one of my new Strength lipstcks...sadly I just ,moved and will be spending NYE in the house.
You put that lipstick right on, you hear?! Heck, I wore Absolute Power last night in my sweats just because it's beautiful.
th_partytime.gif

ChosenOne

Chosen one, your so lucky you have lippies in stock where you live. I missed out on pink pigeon. Do you do any CP?
I don't unfortunately since I'm a Pro member, but if you'd like me to PM you with the store's location and phone number, I'd be happy to do so. Not sure if they ship, but it's worth asking!

makeupgrrl

I say you put on your lipstick and have a good time in the house. I think I'll do just that....put on a pretty face and sit and watch the ball drop :)
Awesome idea! I was about to take a nice bubble bath with candles and Champagne and watch the New Year's coverage on tv, but I think I will add putting on a pretty lipstick to the equation :)

lilinah

Quote: Originally Posted by sandrah
What eye look are you guys doing with FF? I'm thinking of using it for NYE and I'm playing around with dark colors for my eyes but I'm still not too sure about that!

I'd go with light bright neutral or near-neutral colors. Play up the gold, although you don't need to wear GOLD eye shadow; shadows with golden highlights or colors that are close to gold would be good, too. For example, Extra Dimensional Natural Flirt would be nice as one of the colors.

Maybe a little glitter from the outside of the orbit up the temples.

Strong dark liner and mascara.

Some shimmer on the cheek bones.

lilinah

Quote: Originally Posted by martiangurll
Egads, this thread is L---O---N----G!!

I'm still trying to catch up on this forum and Apres Chic, they grow faster than i can read them!

Quote: Does anyone have Seeds of Desire mattene and Firm Form and can compare or swatch the two head to head? (or lip to lip???)

Well, if it hasn't been done already by then, i'll do it tomorrow when there's daylight, since i have both. They are rather different...

nuclearteeth

They don't deliver on NYE. At least not in my state, if that makes a difference. My package has been sitting at UPS since 12/28 and the next business day is 1/2. So bizarre.
I received a package today via UPS, so maybe it does vary by state. Or as someone stated earlier, it may depend on the level of service...I think no Ground deliveries.

kimbunney

My package is still sitting at the same place it was DAYS ago. No movement. Booo. MEANWHILE thanks to MacJunkie85 was kind enough to sale me her extra PP and it arrived today!! (She sent it Friday and it arrived on Monday, now that just makes no sense MAC!)