MAC Strength Collection Discussion (December 2012)

Medgal07

HAPPY NEW YEAR!!!!
nanaparty.gif

drammy04

From this collection I got: Team 4 lippies (no FF) I have Heroine and SI, but I love the subtle ness and the red in SW. Makes it a completely different lippie and more wearable for daily use in my opinion. I wore it with Hoochie lip tar two days ago and it was bomb!

CartoonChic

Hello ladies! I have strong woman and I wanted to know what lip liner to use that won't change the color of the lipstick. Thanks!
MAC Magenta or NYX Purple Rain don't change the color for me. They match perfectly with Strong Woman on my lips.

th_770016001157748873-final.gif
to both of you!

CartoonChic

Done CC??? That'll be the day! You can separate the eye shadow palette from the blush...just saying, not enabling
peace2.gif
Nooooo! I'm still going to say I'm done since I'm getting Prelude. I also want to build up my single eye shadow stash, so I want to get a palette and a bunch of pan eye shadows.

makeupgrrl

Happy New Year's ladies!! I wish I had somewhere to go tonight to wear one of my new Strength lipstcks...sadly I will be spending NYE in the house.

MACupGrl

OMG! I am so sick of MAC putting out collections and immediately SOLD OUT online. I really wanted Poised blush! Damn MAC

lilinah

Quote: Originally Posted by nikki1387
thanks for this! i had skippers remorse on GF but am getting my FF soon. yay! not too different to regret not owning both

I figure having a small number of "normal" lipsticks is more than enough for me, and i'm all set there, with a couple warm pinks and a couple pinky peaches. (I do NOT wear red - Strong Woman is one of my reddest lipsticks).

These two were not normal, so i had to have both.

Grey Friday is sheer, so it is not really black-black, and it has lots of silver shine, thus it is very cool-toned. GF can be worn over other lipsticks to alter their color and finish.

Firm Form is matte with gold shimmer; it, too, is not really black black, as it has a subtle warm tone which some characterize it as plum, others as brown; thus it is warm-toned. FF doesn't work so well over other lipsticks, being matte, but can be altered with a gloss or sheer lipstick on top.

So they are quite different. But no need for skipper's remorse. MAC will always make more makeup
flower.gif

2browneyes

Happy New Year's ladies!! I wish I had somewhere to go tonight to wear one of my new Strength lipstcks...sadly I just ,moved and will be spending NYE in the house.
I say you put on your lipstick and have a good time in the house. I think I'll do just that....put on a pretty face and sit and watch the ball drop :)

Safi101

Im totally new to this but I'm staying in tonight and I'm still wearing my Strong Woman lippie to celebrate! The color is a little less purple in this pic than it is in real life (there's iphone pics for you) but Happy New Year everyone!