MAC Strength Collection Discussion (December 2012)

Gatton

I'm a bit of a newbie to lip liners: could a cool or a warm toned possibly make Strong Woman (or let's say, Up The Amp) a brighter and poppier purple? I'm guessing you'd need a cool toned liner, but I'm only desperately trying to find a bright purple, haha!

Liz2012

th_thstars.gif
Happy Birthday
th_thstars.gif
Naynadine & MissTT, hope you both had a lovely day!

Odelia

I was debating whether to get All Woman and CR Desert. I finally decided to get the Desert face kit.
I was a bit bummed when I noticed that Mac Canada sold out of the desert quad. Thought it's been a while since it was released so I shouldn't be surprised.
I seem to recall someone on here saying that the phone order inventory is separate from the online inventory? If that's the case I'm very tempted to try that option out. I'll still be getting the All Woman quad but I think I will also try to get the Desert quad after seeing so many people speak highly of it.

Ugh...and soon the new Chanel collection will release here. That's another quad I want
ohboy.gif
$$$!!

liba

amuse.gif
ahhh, twins indeed. Maybe we don't need them eh?
I know this will sound harsh, but I don't think anybody needs Pink Pigeon…it's just not all that, considering just in one year MAC brought out gobs of similar colors, most of them more exciting than PiPi (Quick Sizzle + Night Blooming, anyone?) There will be yet more of 'em in 2013. It's funny, considering waaaay back in the day, MAC's bread and butter was every neutral lipstick possible. Now it's like hot pink party, 24/7.
icon_bump.gif

Meanwhile, Party Parrot is fantabulous - one of my favorite brights. It ain't subtle, though, that's for sure.
thud.gif

elegant-one

I know this will sound harsh, but I don't think anybody needs Pink Pigeon…it's just not all that, considering just in one year MAC brought out gobs of similar colors, most of them more exciting than PiPi (Quick Sizzle + Night Blooming, anyone?) There will be yet more of 'em in 2013. It's funny, considering waaaay back in the day, MAC's bread and butter was every neutral lipstick possible. Now it's like hot pink party, 24/7.
icon_bump.gif

Meanwhile, Party Parrot is fantabulous - one of my favorite brights. It ain't subtle, though, that's for sure.
thud.gif
greengrin.gif

I think thats why I don't own them. And, I have Chanels Genial & Super which are very elegant versions of both of the MAC colors.

liba

I think thats why I don't own them. And, I have Chanels Genial & Super which are very elegant versions of both of the MAC colors.
I will have to say, I love Party Parrot more than Impassioned and I've always had a tube of Impassioned, even during my makeup drought years where I owned 2 lipsticks and 1 gloss and not even a tube of mascara.

Those days are certainly over forever
nocomment.gif

erine1881

I'm a bit of a newbie to lip liners: could a cool or a warm toned possibly make Strong Woman (or let's say, Up The Amp) a brighter and poppier purple?  I'm guessing you'd need a cool toned liner, but I'm only desperately trying to find a bright purple, haha!
Try magenta, embrace me, or even process magenta liners underneath. Tho they are pink liners, they will add that brightness underneath SW. Or try hoochie liptar! Now that's a bright purple!

Gatton

Or try hoochie liptar! Now that's a bright purple!
Thanks for the reply!
So should just ignore the cool or warm toned thing? Because I saw this post on Heroine and look at the different outcome based on the lip liner! I love the first one most, done with Grape which is sadly not being produced anymore - but it's a pretty dark lip liner as well, so colour me confused. :D

Yazmin

I was debating whether to get All Woman and CR Desert. I finally decided to get the Desert face kit.
I'm thinking of getting CR desert now too.
These were the swatches that convinced me I had to have this! (from: http://www.beautyjunkiesunite.com/WP/2012/09/20/reviews-swatches-photos-mac-carine-roitfeld-collection-fall-desert-camouflage-full-face-kit-good-luck-star-stencils/)

patentg33k

These were the swatches that convinced me I had to have this! (from: http://www.beautyjunkiesunite.com/WP/2012/09/20/reviews-swatches-photos-mac-carine-roitfeld-collection-fall-desert-camouflage-full-face-kit-good-luck-star-stencils/)

Wow that looks so much nicer than the Strength quad swatches that we've seen

LAKESHA1908

I PURCHASED WARM COMPANION, STRONG WOMAN, HOT CHOCOLATE, HAUTE ALTITUDE, FIRM FORM AND COZY UP FROM STRENGTH AND APRES CHIC.....

I PREFER PLAYTIME/SEDUCTIVE INTENT/HEROINE OVER STRONG WOMAN...STRAIGHT FROM THE TUBE IT RUNS REDDER TO ME, SO, I WOULD DEFINITELY ROCK IT WITH A FUSCHIA L/L OR A PURPLE L/L....

PINK PIGEON SOLD OUT SO FAST, IT WAS IN MY CART ON MAC PRO AND WHEN I WENT TO CHECK OUT IT WAS GONE SMFH ON XMAS EVE....

WHEN I CALLED A FREE STANDING STORE TO HOLD IT FOR ME, THEY WERE LIKE WE CAN'T HOLD ITEMS, I'M LIKE WTF ARE THE CHANGING THE RULES NOW??? MY OLD COUNTER IN NC THE MA'S USE TO TELL ME CALL IN AND WE WILL PULL YOUR STUFF....I GUESS THE GAME HAS CHANGED!

B7uemo0n

Hello ladies! I have strong woman and I wanted to know what lip liner to use that won't change the color of the lipstick. Thanks!

MommyLuvsMU

Whatever the reason for all of the confusion surrounding the release date, it was nice that she called you back and didn't just leave you hanging /waiting.   :flower:
 Whatever the reason for all of the confusion surrounding the release date, it was nice that she called you back and didn't just leave you hanging /waiting.   :flower: [/quote Yes, most of the folks that work there are real dolls.

TheLadyDanger

I'm a bit of a newbie to lip liners: could a cool or a warm toned possibly make Strong Woman (or let's say, Up The Amp) a brighter and poppier purple? I'm guessing you'd need a cool toned liner, but I'm only desperately trying to find a bright purple, haha!
I suggest MAC Magenta lip pencil.

Medgal07

I PURCHASED WARM COMPANION, STRONG WOMAN, HOT CHOCOLATE, HAUTE ALTITUDE, FIRM FORM AND COZY UP FROM STRENGTH AND APRES CHIC.....

I PREFER PLAYTIME/SEDUCTIVE INTENT/HEROINE OVER STRONG WOMAN...STRAIGHT FROM THE TUBE IT RUNS REDDER TO ME, SO, I WOULD DEFINITELY ROCK IT WITH A FUSCHIA L/L OR A PURPLE L/L....

PINK PIGEON SOLD OUT SO FAST, IT WAS IN MY CART ON MAC PRO AND WHEN I WENT TO CHECK OUT IT WAS GONE SMFH ON XMAS EVE....

WHEN I CALLED A FREE STANDING STORE TO HOLD IT FOR ME, THEY WERE LIKE WE CAN'T HOLD ITEMS, I'M LIKE WTF ARE THE CHANGING THE RULES NOW??? MY OLD COUNTER IN NC THE MA'S USE TO TELL ME CALL IN AND WE WILL PULL YOUR STUFF....I GUESS THE GAME HAS CHANGED!
Sweet haul!!! Try that store again and have it shipped or try another fee-standing store and have it shipped. I think they must have experienced a situation in which they held items for many people and they never showed to retrieve them. I don't know that it's ever been a problem when they know you from frequent purchases and/or visits. I really hope you find Pink Pigeon!!!