MAC Strength Collection Discussion (December 2012)

elegant-one

Elegant one! How are you? It's been way too long since I've been on here and I miss the familiar people from when I posted regularly. It's Manishewitz wine in the bottle, lol. I drank the whole thing last Rosh Hashana. Very very sweet wine. I was waiting online too but I got impatient and just went to Pro.
greengrin.gif
lol.gif
Hi doll! Missed you too
friends.gif
Doing well & crazy as always. Hope you & yours are doing well too.

Thanks for the swatches. So do you have a favorite from this collection?

Boasorte

The blushes were - ok.... I didn't look at them nor the MES for too long as I was concerned about the lipsticks. I am not a huge fan of MAC blushes, as I prefer my NARS and La Femme. The lipsticks from both collections and the MES are WOC friendly, however the quads were hard to swatch- not very pigmented.

Boasorte

greengrin.gif
lol.gif
Hi doll! Missed you too
friends.gif
Doing well & crazy as always. Hope you & yours are doing well too.

Thanks for the swatches. So do you have a favorite from this collection?
friends.gif
All if well with me :). My favorite is hands down Party Parrot- from either collection. And even though this doesn't count Candy Yum Yum is also a favorite, lol . I finaly got to try on this famous lipstick and it's awesome.

kimbunney

Thanks I was just about to ask about the other lippies from the Apres Chic collex.
The blushes were - ok.... I didn't look at them nor the MES for too long as I was concerned about the lipsticks. I am not a huge fan of MAC blushes, as I prefer my NARS and La Femme. The lipsticks from both collections and the MES are WOC friendly, however the quads were hard to swatch- not very pigmented.

KMQE716

Strong Woman seems more red based versus Heroine being blue based... I would prob still think its safe to have both lipsticks! Hot Chocolate looks good in that swatch

liba

Thanks for the swatch pictures!

FYI, Hot Chocolate didn't look anywhere near as lavender pink on me (NC15), especially on the lips - it read taupe with a medium rosy plum undertone. Haute Altitude gave my coloring more of this look, but a little pinker. Both of these and Apres Chic are going to look really different on different skin tones.

Shantastic

There are a bunch of lipsticks posted in the LE section, but I don't know where they're from. I think they were permanent shades that have been changed to LE.
hmm.gif

Gleam
Shag
Chic
Coconutty
Sheer Plum
Naked Paris
Spice Is NiceI
I also noticed that! It leads me to believe that these shades will be discontinued in 2013. I'm glad that none of those are my favorite shades but i am sure they are favorites for someone.

bulbasaur359

I also noticed that! It leads me to believe that these shades will be discontinued in 2013. I'm glad that none of those are my favorite shades but i am sure they are favorites for someone.
There's several shades of eyeshadows not listed as LE. Including Brown Down and Kid. I noticed some in other categories too. I had noticed awhile back that some of the pro longwear lipcremes disappeared and now two more perm ones are listed as LE. Must be clearing out slow sellers or something. Maybe new products will roll out to replace?

erine1881

They will be. They haven't been on the schematics for atleast the past 6months, if not longer.

aradhana

strong woman reminds me of red dwarf. am i the only one that bought that color? LOL

from top to bottom:
dish it up!
douala (by nacara) - this looks out of place, but in the tube it looks super purple. tonally it's the same as violetta on me, but colourwise it's not purple at all.
violetta
go for it
seasoned plum
strong woman
heroine
bright plum
flitter

sorry, i didn't get seductive intent, so i can't include it in the purples...

aradhana

i should add - i wasn't sure if the difference between heroine and strong woman would come across in my pics, because in the lighting at my place they look very similar in hand swatches...but in the end it did: i think heroine and strong woman are quite different (blue vs red) but if you're on a budget and can resist the temptation of purples, it might make sense to skip it in favour of something else you like since there are so many collections out there right now!

nuclearteeth

i should add - i wasn't sure if the difference between heroine and strong woman would come across in my pics, because in the lighting at my place they look very similar in hand swatches...but in the end it did: i think heroine and strong woman are quite different (blue vs red) but if you're on a budget and can resist the temptation of purples, it might make sense to skip it in favour of something else you like since there are so many collections out there right now!
Thanks for the swatches! They're definitely different enough for me to justify grabbing SW (and a backup or two).

Urmi

I just got back from the Pro store too. I don't have Heroine so I picked up Strong Woman. I also picked up Pink Pigeon and Absolute Power. From Apres Chic I picked up Stereo Rose and Hot chocolate. Hot chocolate is beautiful. The mineralized eyeshadows were gorgeous but I have seen colors like them before. The pressed pigments collection was beautiful too but they were hard to work with when I was in the store.
Would you swatch hot chocolate please?

KMQE716

Ph
There's several shades of eyeshadows not listed as LE. Including Brown Down and Kid. I noticed some in other categories too. I had noticed awhile back that some of the pro longwear lipcremes disappeared and now two more perm ones are listed as LE. Must be clearing out slow sellers or something. Maybe new products will roll out to replace?
Oh let me get kid before it goes bye bye just in case

Paisly

Do you think kid will be discontinued? I freaking hope not! I love that e/s!