MAC Strength Collection Discussion (December 2012)

ChosenOne

This collection was originally set for Jan. but it's been pushed up to Dec. 26th!
I can't believe how many collections are coming out before the end of the year!! It definitely seems like more than usual to me, but I could be wrong. Here's hoping I get lots of MAC gift cards for xmas. Seriously, MAC, this is just turning into a ruthless slaughter of wallets!!

MRV

Liba, thank you again for all the info!

I'm def interested in all the purple stuff, wanting about 50% of this collection at least.

Are there now 4 collections in December in total? Huh, just wondering if they all are coming to Europe at once in January. Maybe not, the Mineralize must come in Feb. But what is left for the 6 Jan?

Pinkdollface

Looking forward to Pink Pigeon and Party Parrot! Much as I like the look of the black lippie I'll probably give it a miss, because it's likely to end up like my Peacocky kissable lipcolour (i.e., never even worn once)
001_unsure.gif

Does anyone have an idea about the European release date of this collection? Assuming it does get released in Europe, that is...
I'm afraid it will be harder to get like Iris Apfel which was only available in the pro store here. It sounds like the follow up of that one. I expect the release to be the first or second saterday of Januari. I'm thinking about looking for a cp for this one. We didn't get everything with Iris, so something similar might happen for this one.

MRV

I'm afraid it will be harder to get like Iris Apfel which was only available in the pro store here. It sounds like the follow up of that one. I expect the release to be the first or second saterday of Januari. I'm thinking about looking for a cp for this one. We didn't get everything with Iris, so something similar might happen for this one.
We didn't get Iris either. For some reason, they never send the colorful collections to us at this time of the year. We only get the neutral/cool one. But what is it again? Not AC nor TT, or is it TT?

Naynadine

Veteran Moderator
Staff member
I expect the collections that come out late December in the US to come out in January in Europe, maybe one of them in February. I think this year we had Daphne, Iris and Gareth Pugh in January (which was way too much all at once!) and Naturally came out in February, if I remember correctly.

CartoonChic

Got a chance to check out the book again today. Here's the scoop:

This collection was originally set for Jan. but it's been pushed up to Dec. 26th!

This is the collection with Pink Pigeon and Party Parrot and Firm Form. There's also a matte violet lipstick that my MA said was like Heroine and one other color (if I recall correctly, it's a med. blue pink, but I'm not 100% sure).

There are 2 quads, each with 3 new colors and one repromote. One is neutral with pale white, grey, taupe and the warm black, which is a repro called Black Magique. The other quad is a variety of lavenders and purples, including a repro of Heather Belles (from Tartan Tales).

There are 2 blushes, one called Taupe Shape, described as "satiny taupe", with a Satin finish, and another that's a soft "pinkish brown".

I didn't want to just copy out of the book, out of respect for my MA, so no full color story, but this one definitely is a winner and you are all going to bug the hell out at that promo image!
It seems like I'm getting all of the lipsticks plus BUs. I was so mad that I missed out on Pink Pigeon and Party Parrot the first time around. I was lucky to get Party Parrot much later on from a lovely Spektra member. I'm going to be punching babies and kicking puppies to make sure I get Pink Pigeon this time.

MACina

Me too....
love.gif

I have Pink Pigeon and Party Parrot already but you never now....they might be different from the IA lipsticks!
And I loooove both lipsticks so much
heart.gif

It seems like I'm getting all of the lipsticks plus BUs. I was so mad that I missed out on Pink Pigeon and Party Parrot the first time around. I was lucky to get Party Parrot much later on from a lovely Spektra member. I'm going to be punching babies and kicking puppies to make sure I get Pink Pigeon this time.

Copperhead

girlhaha.gif

Naughtyp

I'm glad that this collection is being released in 2012 cuz I told myself I need to cool it In 2013.... at least until Archie's !! it's a good thing I only want like one or two things from the minerals

BuickMackane

I missed out on Iris because of the pro-store only release. I couldn't face the train trip to A'dam, particularly when there was no guarantee that I the stuff I wanted would still be available by the time I got there. But I didn't know that the collection was only partially available. Which items hadn't made it?

I really really really (I mean, really) want Pink Pigeon and Party Parrot, so even if there is a chance of the collection being sold on the website I'll still try and see if I can get a CP. If the Marilyn and BR releases are anything to go by, NL gets very little inventory and I don't want to risk missing the lippies.

ChosenOne

th_roll1.gif

OctoberViolet

LIBA!!!!!!!!! THANK YOU SO MUCH!!! I've been wanting a Taupe blush forever. Now I will be able to get it. I am also psyched for Firm Form and the quads. That purple matte sounds divine. I need to see how similar to Heroine it is, hoping it's a little different, maybe more blue based.
clapping.gif

This is the collection with Pink Pigeon and Party Parrot and Firm Form. There's also a matte violet lipstick that my MA said was like Heroine and one other color (if I recall correctly, it's a med. blue pink, but I'm not 100% sure).

There are 2 quads, each with 3 new colors and one repromote. One is neutral with pale white, grey, taupe and the warm black, which is a repro called Black Magique. The other quad is a variety of lavenders and purples, including a repro of Heather Belles (from Tartan Tales).

There are 2 blushes, one called Taupe Shape, described as "satiny taupe", with a Satin finish, and another that's a soft "pinkish brown".

I didn't want to just copy out of the book, out of respect for my MA, so no full color story, but this one definitely is a winner and you are all going to bug the hell out at that promo image!

OctoberViolet

Oh snap!!!!!
girlhaha.gif
I will make sure to be far far away from you when this is released.
tong.gif

Pinkdollface

I missed out on Iris because of the pro-store only release. I couldn't face the train trip to A'dam, particularly when there was no guarantee that I the stuff I wanted would still be available by the time I got there. But I didn't know that the collection was only partially available. Which items hadn't made it?

I really really really (I mean, really) want Pink Pigeon and Party Parrot, so even if there is a chance of the collection being sold on the website I'll still try and see if I can get a CP. If the Marilyn and BR releases are anything to go by, NL gets very little inventory and I don't want to risk missing the lippies.
The lipliners and Early Bird were not there. I don't remember if other things were missing. They did get all the lipsticks, but I wanted Early Bird too, so I was glad I got a cp earlier for most of the items.
I think we have a better chance to get the items now, because of the webshop, but since the MM and BR lippies sold out so fast I don't want to risk it.

MACina

That would be awesome
th_e2cloud9.gif

LIBA!!!!!!!!! THANK YOU SO MUCH!!! I've been wanting a Taupe blush forever. Now I will be able to get it. I am also psyched for Firm Form and the quads. That purple matte sounds divine. I need to see how similar to Heroine it is, hoping it's a little different, maybe more blue based.
clapping.gif

liba

clapping.gif
It's described as "violet". I asked my MA if it was blue-based, but he said not really, and compared it to Heroine. It's not exactly the same as Heroine, but it's not bluer than it, basically.

What I don't get is considering everyone is always begging for more blue, and Go For It came out years ago now, why MAC doesn't just say what the hell and bring one out. It's not like a matte black with gold lipstick is going to appeal to everyone, so why not an overtly blue purple lipstick? I'm just glad I bu'ed Go For It at the time - it really is one of my all-time favorites and isn't difficult or unflattering to wear at all.

liba

Oh snap!!!!!
girlhaha.gif
I will make sure to be far far away from you when this is released.
tong.gif
LOL, if all of us had to shop at the same MAC store, there'd be a pile of bodies like a horror movie after each launch.
sweatdrop.gif

We'd probably all hug before the carnage began, though!
greengrin.gif

OctoberViolet

This is so true! I love horror movies. I'd probably go on a stabbing rampage, but I'm not a fighter by nature so one punch and I'm out.
biguns.gif
boxing.gif

This is why I order online only. I just cannot deal with other crazies.
whistle.gif

LOL, if all of us had to shop at the same MAC store, there'd be a pile of bodies like a horror movie after each launch.
sweatdrop.gif

We'd probably all hug before the carnage began, though!
greengrin.gif

kimibos

thats all i want, please,and thanks liba!!! i have to have firm form and that lavander quad and taupe blush. those are my must haves.

OctoberViolet

iagree.gif
Go For Itis one of my all time favorites!!!! Tx for the info on the Violet lippie coming out. I will wait for swatches & reviews. I'm just a sucker for anything purple, violet, lavender, lilac, etc.
It's described as "violet". I asked my MA if it was blue-based, but he said not really, and compared it to Heroine. It's not exactly the same as Heroine, but it's not bluer than it, basically.

What I don't get is considering everyone is always begging for more blue, and Go For It came out years ago now, why MAC doesn't just say what the hell and bring one out. It's not like a matte black with gold lipstick is going to appeal to everyone, so why not an overtly blue purple lipstick? I'm just glad I bu'ed Go For It at the time - it really is one of my all-time favorites and isn't difficult or unflattering to wear at all.

Latest posts