MAC Studio Collection (December 2012)

martiangurll

If I was matched as NC20, but I am lighter in the Winter, will NW18 work for me? Or will it be too pink? I am thinking with it being so light, the pink tones will be minimal...

KMQE716

Random but that NW58 is just chocolatey as can be! I was playing with it the other day and I just adore it. It's very far from my complexion but I hope someone out there loves it!

RayannaBanana

I think I must be NW10 in the winter because anything I use that's NW15 lately is slightly off and I have to add a little bit of F&B in white to it.

RayannaBanana

Is the NW10 from the concealer palette a good match then? I hope it works out for you.
I never got a chance to try it out yet, I think it's still sold out at the moment. Hopefully they'll release it by itself. I was worried I would waste the rest of the palette.

MACina

Can you use the Full Coverage foundation as an under eye concealer?
Or would it crease?Or is it not safe to use it in this area?

If yes I could try the W10!

I had it so time ago but I did not like it as a foundation all over my face.
But maybe it would work as a concealer for me
th_dunno.gif

erine1881

Can you use the Full Coverage foundation as an under eye concealer? Or would it crease?Or is it not safe to use it in this area? If yes I could try the W10! I had it so time ago but I did not like it as a foundation all over my face. But maybe it would work as a concealer for me :dunno:
Yes you can. They're actually the exact same product, with the exception of the spf.

liba

For all of you wondering if you'd use all the shades in a palette, I was at my store today and one of the MAs was using multiple colors in one palette to shade and contour the whole eye for a woman who was getting her makeup done - she used a few different shades on the lid and the crease and brow, blending them all really well, then just did strong winged liner and Viva Glam Nikki and it looked great. The client was a dark skinned Asian woman who wasn't so young, but had basically smooth skin and just held her age around her eye area - she looked 10 years younger by the time this MA was done with her. I was impressed (but then again, every time I see this particular gal in the store, her makeup is always awesome and very fashion forward, so I shouldn't be surprised she does a great job for her customers.)

Mac-Guy

I never got a chance to try it out yet, I think it's still sold out at the moment. Hopefully they'll release it by itself. I was worried I would waste the rest of the palette.
I didn't realize that it sold out so quickly in Canada. I'm sure they will restock.

sss215

Random but that NW58 is just chocolatey as can be! I was playing with it the other day and I just adore it. It's very far from my complexion but I hope someone out there loves it!
I was thinking the same thing! It's beautiful!!! I wonder how it would look as a contour???

MACina

Thank you very much for this suggestion, Mac-Guy!

I ordered the NW5 immediatly after reading your post and received it
last week.I have been using it almost every day since then and I love it!
It is really a perfect match for my skin tone.

A lot of the lighter NW shades of several products seem to pop up at CCO's now. I recently snatched up a few of the the Select Sheer powders. The lightest shade I got was NW5 (yes NW5). I love how these are truly a perfect match for pale NW complexions.

aradhana

You can always buy the individual pots. Are you usually using the Studio Finish concealer?
sorry i didn't see this till now - haven't been in this thread for a while...i think the title changed or something since i was last here!
i use to use select cover under my eyes, then tried the studio sculpt and now the mineralize. i've had the studio finish concealer used on me and liked it, but i had kind of wanted to finish some of my concealers up before i go buy more. i liked the idea of having the colour correctors in the same palette. at the moment i have to carry them separately, and just figured it'd be a little easier having them in one place. in the end, i might get the single pots, or the palette...but i probably have a fair while to mull it over because i have enough concealer to last me some time yet ;)

kathyp

I swatched the new NW10 SFF next to their Full Coverage foundation in W10, which, yes, can be used as an undereye concealer if you find MAC's NW15 a little yellow. (Ignore the grungy bedspread -- I can only get decent "swatching" light in that bedroom.) My hands are extremely cool-toned, but the NW10 is just a bit yellower, though a number of people on Makeup Alley complained about it being a little too white/pink. (My Macy's didn't have the NW13 shade.)

RayannaBanana

I just received my NW10 foundation. Should I be concerned if there is a defect in the bottle? It's not broken or cracked, the glass is just warped on one side close to the bottom. That's not suppose to be there right?

erine1881

I just received my NW10 foundation. Should I be concerned if there is a defect in the bottle? It's not broken or cracked, the glass is just warped on one side close to the bottom. That's not suppose to be there right?
It should be fine. Probably just a snafu when the glass was made. As long as it stands up ok it should be fine.

Latest posts