MAC Studio Collection (December 2012)

VioletPearl

I just got a sample of NW10 today, it looks promising!
Matchamaster 1.0 dries to darker and pinker on me, Studio Sculpt nc15 is the closest match that I found at MAC, but
based on the swatches that I made on my hand now, SFF in NW10 seems to be the best. Weird... So I am an NW? :D
Literally the colour of it just disappears, blends into my colour.
But I don't see a lot pink in this NW10, it seems to be more of a neutral colour to me.
I know hand's colour is diff from the face's colur but in my case there are not really different.
But tomorrow I will see it when I will apply it at morning.
I am so excited. :D

martiangurll

I just got a sample of NW10 today, it looks promising!
Matchamaster 1.0 dries to darker and pinker on me, Studio Sculpt nc15 is the closest match that I found at MAC, but
based on the swatches that I made on my hand now, SFF in NW10 seems to be the best. Weird... So I am an NW? :D
Literally the colour of it just disappears, blends into my colour.
But I don't see a lot pink in this NW10, it seems to be more of a neutral colour to me.
I know hand's colour is diff from the face's colur but in my case there are not really different.
But tomorrow I will see it when I will apply it at morning.
I am so excited. :D
maybe its a true neutral? that would be really sweet. I am thinking of getting one of the lighter shades to tone down the Matchmaster 1.5 I have which is too yellow at this point.

VioletPearl

maybe its a true neutral? that would be really sweet. I am thinking of getting one of the lighter shades to tone down the Matchmaster 1.5 I have which is too yellow at this point.
I have been wearing the sample for 5 days now, and I am thrilled, really.
It doesn't oxidezes on me unlike SFF in NC15 or NW15. even Matchmaster 1.0 oxidezes on me to a darker pinky-rosy colour...

When I apply SFF NW10 in the morning it looks absolutely perfect.
At the end of the day it turns a little bit more rosy, but I can only see it when I watch it really carefully.
My mom hates foundations in general and she said it looks like that I wasn't wearing foundation at all, it matched so well to the colour of my neck.
I am really happy, I always liked the texture and the finish of SFF, but I couldn't wear it bacuse there wan't a good colour match for me.
I am really happ that this NW10 is not that pink at all, I will purchase it soon!
:)

Maybe ask for a sample first and try to mix it with your Matchmaster to see how they work together.

ZombieHolly

I've been coming to these forums for a while now but never posted and I have a request for anyone that can help! I'm currently using Revlon Colorstay in Ivory for foundation and need a comparison or swatch comparison to the NW10. I hope at least one of you ladies have both and can help me out!

erine1881

I've been coming to these forums for a while now but never posted and I have a request for anyone that can help! I'm currently using Revlon Colorstay in Ivory for foundation and need a comparison or swatch comparison to the NW10. I hope at least one of you ladies have both and can help me out!
I don't have the revlon colour, but i did post swatches of the two new NWs in this thread. HTHs

ZombieHolly

Yeah I saw the swatches, they're helpful but it's hard to tell how light they are in a picture! As a point of reference I tried the NW15 select coverup and it was too light but the regular NW15/NC15 SFF makes me straight up orange! I probably just need to go and try it on in the store!

erine1881

Yeah I saw the swatches, they're helpful but it's hard to tell how light they are in a picture! As a point of reference I tried the NW15 select coverup and it was too light but the regular NW15/NC15 SFF makes me straight up orange! I probably just need to go and try it on in the store!
Yeah SFF runs a bit dark anyway, where SCU doesn't. Hopefully NW10, even NW13, will work for you. Get a sample to try at home too.

ZombieHolly

So I just got back from the Mac store...I got a take home sample and it appears the NW10 is a touch lighter and less pink/more neutral than the Colorstay if anyone else is wondering. The NW13 was too dark/orange for me. Thanks for the help erine1881!

gracie90

I finally ran out of my sample of NW10, so I went to the counter today to buy the fullsize. But they'd sold out of it :(
The MA gave me another generous sample to last me til my online order arrives though!

VioletPearl

I finally ran out of my sample of NW10, so I went to the counter today to buy the fullsize. But they'd sold out of it :(
The MA gave me another generous sample to last me til my online order arrives though!
Oh, that's annoying! :(
But at least she was really nice to give you another sample to use until.
I'll buy mine this weekend or the next week, I hope they will have it in stock.

gracie90

Quote:
Oh, that's annoying! :(
But at least she was really nice to give you another sample to use until.
I'll buy mine this weekend or the next week, I hope they will have it in stock.
I ordered mine yesterday so it should be here in a couple of days :)
I can only assume that all the pale people were so excited at having foundation that matched that they bought all of it
girlhaha.gif

I really do like this foundation though - it feels very natural on and the colour is perfect!

VioletPearl

I ordered mine yesterday so it should be here in a couple of days :) I can only assume that all the pale people were so excited at having foundation that matched that they bought all of it
girlhaha.gif

I really do like this foundation though - it feels very natural on and the colour is perfect!
I feel the same way about it!
And it is so good that it doesn't oxidaze to a dark colour, yayyy!
cheerleader.gif

gracie90

Quote:
I feel the same way about it!
And it is so good that it doesn't oxidaze to a dark colour, yayyy!
cheerleader.gif
Matchmaster 1.0 did that on me :( I'm glad MAC finally released a shade pale enough for me, although I'd like to see NW10 in other types of foundation too!

martiangurll

I have been wearing the sample for 5 days now, and I am thrilled, really.
It doesn't oxidezes on me unlike SFF in NC15 or NW15. even Matchmaster 1.0 oxidezes on me to a darker pinky-rosy colour...

When I apply SFF NW10 in the morning it looks absolutely perfect.
At the end of the day it turns a little bit more rosy, but I can only see it when I watch it really carefully.
My mom hates foundations in general and she said it looks like that I wasn't wearing foundation at all, it matched so well to the colour of my neck.
I am really happy, I always liked the texture and the finish of SFF, but I couldn't wear it bacuse there wan't a good colour match for me.
I am really happ that this NW10 is not that pink at all, I will purchase it soon!
:)

Maybe ask for a sample first and try to mix it with your Matchmaster to see how they work together.
I know they will mix okay, I frankenstein my foundations all the time, I am a mix-master. I want to get one that is too light for me with no pink and little to no yellow undertones to tone down the foundations I love but find either too masque/matte (like Matchmaster) or too dark during the winter. I can't believe how widely my skin varies from Summer to Winter, its frustrating.

Your review sounds like this is the lovely "Your face but better" foundation I have been searching for all over. I will probably just buy a full bottle, its a pain to go get a sample, I get claustrophobic at the mall, I only go in if there is an LE I am scrounging all over to find. (and even then, I try to buy it here first)

Yazmin

I have been wearing the sample for 5 days now, and I am thrilled, really. It doesn't oxidezes on me unlike SFF in NC15 or NW15. even Matchmaster 1.0 oxidezes on me to a darker pinky-rosy colour... When I apply SFF NW10 in the morning it looks absolutely perfect. At the end of the day it turns a little bit more rosy, but I can only see it when I watch it really carefully. My mom hates foundations in general and she said it looks like that I wasn't wearing foundation at all, it matched so well to the colour of my neck. I am really happy, I always liked the texture and the finish of SFF, but I couldn't wear it bacuse there wan't a good colour match for me. I am really happ that this NW10 is not that pink at all, I will purchase it soon! :)  Maybe ask for a sample first and try to mix it with your Matchmaster to see how they work together.
I know they will mix okay, I frankenstein my foundations all the time, I am a mix-master.  I want to get one that is too light for me with no pink and little to no yellow undertones to tone down the foundations I love but find either too masque/matte (like Matchmaster) or too dark during the winter.  I can't believe how widely my skin varies from Summer to Winter, its frustrating. Your review sounds like this is the lovely "Your face but better" foundation I have been searching for all over.  I will probably just buy a full bottle, its a pain to go get a sample, I get claustrophobic at the mall, I only go in if there is an LE I am scrounging all over to find.  (and even then, I try to buy it here first)
That's what I want to perfect, is mixing foundations and Concealers since I always seem to fall in between shades. Perfecting the skin is what I want to master most right now.

Latest posts