MAC Studio Sculpt Collection (Sept 4, 2014)

Monsy

i was trying to find more reviews and swatches http://www.vampyvarnish.com/2014/09/mac-studio-sculpt-defining-powder-swatches-review http://addictedtoallthingspretty.com/mac-cosmetics-studio-sculpt-defining-powder-medium-plus-and-light-swatches-and-review/ http://swatchandreview.com/mac-cosmetics-studio-sculpt-defining-powder-in-light-review/ light looks very light to me not much darker than other MAC powders (or not at all darker) anyone tried LIght plus??

nudibelle

Bought this on a whim Was on my way out of Bloomingdales and caught my eye I bought dark which is my EXACT color. Love the texture Love the finish it's luminous very glowing Used it over my nars tinted moisturizer and even though it's very sheer if gave a beautiful glow Not powdery can't even see it but you'll notice the difference I'm in love and photographs real nice I. Am. Sold

Monsy

i have tried this and loved it. beautiful luminous finish. light plus is a perfect match. i also wear light plus in careblend and msfn.

Monsy

Yes absolutely. And when swatched heavily with finger and blended under store lights you can see softest little pearls very luminous i loved it
I walked up to the counter and first one I saw i thought "this color looks like my perfect match" i turn it around and it was light plus

nudibelle

Thank you for thate feedback. I looked at it today at the Mac store but did not try it on. Perhaps I will the next time. So to clarify, you use it over the Nars foundation?

yes i used it over my Nars tinted moisturizer in Cuba
and i bought the Studio sculpt in Dark
I have pics i took at my sons bday party ill post up for you

erine1881

Yes absolutely. And when swatched heavily with finger and blended under store lights you can see softest little pearls very luminous i loved it  I walked up to the counter and first one I saw i thought "this color looks like my perfect match" i turn it around and it was light plus 
So whoever posted that pic of the light mustve gotten a mislabeled one! Glad these seem to be matching up with the MSFNs, and glad that you love it!

Monsy

I am ordering it. I am not huge fan of MSFN (i might be doing something wrong with it, like putting too much because it always cakes up on me) but I love careblend. Excited to try this one too.

nudibelle

Yes absolutely. And when swatched heavily with finger and blended under store lights you can see softest little pearls very luminous i loved it  I walked up to the counter and first one I saw i thought "this color looks like my perfect match" i turn it around and it was light plus 
Exact description I don't understand why blog swatches made it look chalky even. I will boldly say I like it better than my hourglass powder. I've Used it all week

nudibelle

Thank you for thate feedback. I looked at it today at the Mac store but did not try it on. Perhaps I will the next time. So to clarify, you use it over the Nars foundation?
IMAG4047_1_zpszyxq8poj.jpg
Hope it's not too big did it from my phone Just my Nars tinted moisturizer and studio sculpt. No highlighter of any kind. Wore no blush either. No concealer Ladies , give it a chance Hope it never gets discontinued AND No breakout which is most important for me

Monsy

My powder in arrived today I took some quick pics before work

Careblend, MSFN and studio sculpt all in LIGHT PLUS

Vandekamp

IMAG4047_1_zpszyxq8poj.jpg
Hope it's not too big did it from my phone Just my Nars tinted moisturizer and studio sculpt. No highlighter of any kind. Wore no blush either. No concealer Ladies , give it a chance Hope it never gets discontinued AND No breakout which is most important for me
Beautiful. You look amazing.

NaomiH

Tho swatched they appear to have a matte finish, they do not control oil. Blot powder is gonna be what you want for oil control and touchups.
Hey Erin, with the Blot powder, if I wear Dark in Careblend, would it be safe to order the Dark in Blot powder? Or are they "off" in colour like the SSP & MSFN?

erine1881

Hey Erin, with the Blot powder, if I wear Dark in Careblend, would it be safe to order the Dark in Blot powder? Or are they "off" in colour like the SSP & MSFN?
Don't go by the colouring of Blot. Blot colours fit a wide range of people, since light-medium dark contain zero pigment, and dark-deep dark only contain 2% pigment. Go by what you wear in MSFN or careblend.

NaomiH

Don't go by the colouring of Blot. Blot colours fit a wide range of people, since light-medium dark contain zero pigment, and dark-deep dark only contain 2% pigment. Go by what you wear in MSFN or careblend.
I'll do that, thanks Erin!
flower.gif

CaseyC

These were such a fail for me. I literally tried using these with every single brush I own and that includes the 190 and those similar for a "sculpting" powder it's too stiff to work with and far to warm I find MSF or careblend are my choice of powders I reach for

erine1881

These were such a fail for me. I literally tried using these with every single brush I own and that includes the 190 and those similar for a "sculpting" powder it's too stiff to work with and far to warm I find MSF or careblend are my choice of powders I reach for
MSFN :clapping: