MAC Studio Tech Foundation

SassyMochaJess

Quote:
Originally Posted by makeba

da hood model try using a primer before putting on your studio tech to combat the oil.

I agree primers work as I recently found out! and blot powder...

MACaholic76

Trish! Girl, I am so glad you did those swatches of SF and the Tech. I used to wear tech all the time and I have no clue why I stopped. I am also one of those people that keeps trying to use SFF because I hear from everyone else (especially coworkers) how great this is supposed to be but my skin looks like CRAP with SFF. Its very matte for my taste and NC45 makes me look like a damn sunshine all bright and stuff. It's very very golden and yellow.
I'm going to wear tech again!

nunu

Quote:
Originally Posted by couturesista
I dab mine into the foundation and just do a spot application. I don't apply foundation all over my face just as needed. Then I buff away, and after that I use the same brush for my cremeblush (Laid Back) looks so goood over Studio Tech! I too think I need another 109. See Carandru, you got me spending money!
th_LMAO.gif

Quote:
Originally Posted by makeba
i have an imitation 109 mac brush that i use to put on my studio tech. i dab my brush across the product or lightly swipe it then use my kabuki brush to buff the foundation and it works like a charm! if i dont buff the foundation into my skin it will look to heavy and creamy on me.

I can't wait to try this out! Thanks
smiles.gif

ExquizitDiva

Studio Tech is the shiznit!
winks.gif
da hood you can use the set powder to combat the oil and as others said use a primer. I use the set powder in deep peach. I have the translucent as well.

teebabii07

I LOVE THE STUDi0 TECH iT LASTEST S0 L0NG F0R ME I GET ONE ABOUT EVERY 5 TO 6 MONTHS CAUSE IT G0ES A L0NG AWAY..IM A NW55..WAT D0 U GUYS USE T0 SET WITH THIS F0UNDATi0N i USE MSF iN DEEP DARK..iS THERE ANY THiNG BETTER...

Tamzin_Uk

Quote:
Originally Posted by TISH1127
Studio Tech NC45 (l)
Studio Fix NC45 (r)

Color Comparison

STUDIOFIX.jpg

STUDIOFIXA.jpg

Jeez they look noticeably different swatched!!

marielle78

I love studio tech it was the first MAC foundation that I ever bought, and even though I am always trying other things I keep going back to it. I don't like the 109 because it sheds like crazy. It air brushes but then I have to fix the hair off my face. Instead I use the flat top buffer brush from Sonia Kashuk to buff a little of the foundation into my skin. It still gives that flawless look but the brush doesn't shed. It also works well for cream blush.

TISH1124

Ok...After all my raving on the Studio Tech...I have to come clean today and say I just switched to MUFE....I went in just to look around....and after she put it on my face...I told my dh I had to have it...It was so light and just a I don't have on any makeup perfect skin look but better. But it is soooo expensive ...I left out of there with just the basics...foundation, concealer, prep and finishing powder and it was $170

MACaholic76

Quote:
Ok...After all my raving on the Studio Tech...I have to come clean today and say I just switched to MUFE....I went in just to look around....and after she put it on my face...I told my dh I had to have it...It was so light and just a I don't have on any makeup perfect skin look but better. But it is soooo expensive ...I left out of there with just the basics...foundation, concealer, prep and finishing powder and it was $170

Which MUFE foundation did you try? I keep hearing raves about the HD one. Is that the one you got?

ExquizitDiva

TISH I plan to get it too. The reviews have been so good I have to try it. I'm going to get the foundation in 173 and primer in caramel. The HD powder is the same as what Coastal Scents has and it's only $4! Compared to $30 from MUFE.

TISH1124

I am taking the HD powder back...It makes me look like a ghost in daylight....She gave me the primer in yellow #6...That is going back as well...I think I need the primer in Carmel....and as far as the concealer..I like the MAC concealer better....But the Foundation cannot be beat...So I just knocked off $100 bucks of my purchase actually!

Or I may get the primer in neutral...because the color match is so perfect in the 173 I don;t really want to alter it...OR, I may just stick to my MAC primer since I already have it

MacAddict_Sami

Quote:
I am taking the HD powder back...It makes me look like a ghost in daylight....She gave me the primer in yellow #6...That is going back as well...I think I need the primer in Carmel....and as far as the concealer..I like the MAC concealer better....But the Foundation cannot be beat...So I just knocked off $100 bucks of my purchase actually!

Or I may get the primer in neutral...because the color match is so perfect in the 173 I don;t really want to alter it...OR, I may just stick to my MAC primer since I already have it

I agree!! I am 173 too and it's prefect!!! I just use my smashbox primer...

TISH1124

Quote:
Originally Posted by MacAddict_Sami
I agree!! I am 173 too and it's prefect!!! I just use my smashbox primer...

Yeah the primers really change the color...and I have tried 2 today...not happy with the results with the colored primer...I think I want a smashbox primer...they sell that at Sephora right?

MacAddict_Sami

Yep... I've had mine for a really long time... The coloured primers just make me look kinda cakey... I've used my MUFE HD with both the MAC Matte and Smashbox Photo Finish primer, and Honestly, it's not that big of a difference; both primers make the foundation glide on that much better...

TISH1124

Great I have the Matte in MAc but getting low...So I think I will try the Smashbox since I will be in Sephora anyway...If I go in the MAC Pro store...It will mean big trouble for my wallet!

MacAddict_Sami

Quote:
Great I have the Matte in MAc but getting low...So I think I will try the Smashbox since I will be in Sephora anyway...If I go in the MAC Pro store...It will mean big trouble for my wallet!

LOL... I must agree... Nothing else for me until the Hair Collection; maybe the eyeliner from chill...
yes.gif

MAC_Pixie04

I used this once LONG ago and I really tried to like it, but I found it to be quite disgusting.

I'd probably like it more now that I have a slight clue as to what the hell I'm doing with makeup, but alas, I don't think me and studio tech (or any more MAC foundations) are going to be friends =(