MAC - Style Black Discussion

Kayraphat

Quote:
Originally Posted by Salsa91501
All of the Mineralized Eyeshadows look just like the night collection from Nars. Maybe they are very similar because they look like they will have more product than the Nars ones.

Hope they don't have glitter fallout like NARS.
I love MEs
thmbup.gif

Nzsallyb

Quote:
Originally Posted by Susanne
thmbup.gif
Thanks a lot! I can't wait to try it then!
th_hug.gif

im sure you will love it susanne, i cannot wait for it to come back!

leenybeeny

Hey lovelies, does anyone have any pics of how to wear a black lipcolour in a more "everyday" setting.. if there is such a thing for black lips
winks.gif

Shadowy Lady

Quote:
Originally Posted by monter
Oh wow... adding Blue Flame to my list.

I've never tried a mattene before - what's the benefit to them? What makes them special? (hopefully it's something I don't care about - because so far, I don't want these... but every time I see something or hear about something from this collection, it ends up on my list! :p)

I love love love Mattenes! I actually only have two: Power Suit from Mattenes collection and Kirsch from COC Collection. I love how they are matte but not as drying as MAC's normal matte lipsticks (though I love the normal mattes too, lol!). They also last a very long timeon my lips. I really wish MAC made Mattenes perm instead of the slimshines!

vixo

Sorry to ask, but how do you use mes wet ?

Are the mattenes dry ? I have two matte lipsticks (Russian Red, that I love and Ruby Woo, that I find excessive dry on the lips, I don't like it !). Wonder if mattenes are like that too !

kiss

Hell yes!! VAE is coming back!!

I got interested in the black shadows but then I realized they were mineralized so pass.

Leven

Quote:
Originally Posted by vixo
Sorry to ask, but how do you use mes wet ?

Are the mattenes dry ? I have two matte lipsticks (Russian Red, that I love and Ruby Woo, that I find excessive dry on the lips, I don't like it !). Wonder if mattenes are like that too !

For the MES ive seen people wet their brushes with Fix+ and then dip it into the shadow. Because they are mineralized the moisture wont screw with the powder.

I love your avatar by the way, im a fellow fan of Bjork
yes.gif

Miz Pina

Quote:
Originally Posted by leenybeeny
Hey lovelies, does anyone have any pics of how to wear a black lipcolour in a more "everyday" setting.. if there is such a thing for black lips
winks.gif

Here is a really lovely look from the Tuleh Fall RTW... I believe they may have used some of these products in the show?

Img019_runway.jpg

TULEH - TULEH Backstage slideshow

photo credit: Elle.com

pervinca

I am so excited about this collection! If I had the money, I swear I'd get a couple of each!
yes.gif

Anyway,
mac_wishlist.gif

Blackware Glimmerglass
All MES except Gilt by Association (I'm not very keen on golden stuff)
Black Creamy CCB
Baby Goth Girl nl

Oh and by the way, this is my first comment ever, so
th_hello2.gif
everybody!

Winthrop44

Quote:
Originally Posted by pnuttbuttajelli
hai guiz!
idk if this has already been mentioned (sorry there are just way too many pages of the collection discussion pages for me to go through), but i saw the mac DM this morning.
i leaned in and said, "lemme ask you something: HOW are they going to make that black lipstick work?!"
she laughed and said, "we're actually going through training for it today!" (so i guess trust that the mac MUAs will be able to give you good ideas on how to use it if/when you do.) she also said that "it's meant to be very editorial." yes, it may seem strange to have a black lipstick given that the trend for this year is supposed to be bright colors that pop, like a neutral face and a bright lipstick.
she said that although it is meant to be editorial, there may be uses for it and it's going to be one of those colors you'll have for years and years (because you're not going to wear it every day obviously). so, it should be interesting.

and that is my contribution to the discussion.
stay beautiful, and have a nice day :)

What did she mean by "editorial"?

Miz Pina

I'm guessing Dark Knight is the same as Black Knight?
th_dunno.gif

Tuleh Face Chart --> MAC FAll/Winter09 Daily Face Charts 2/15 |The Makeup Divas Beauty Blog

tuleh15.png (image)

Quote:
Originally Posted by Salsa91501
All of the Mineralized Eyeshadows look just like the night collection from Nars. Maybe they are very similar because they look like they will have more product than the Nars ones.

Oh, it would've have been awesome if they had included a black with red or black with green MES but it's oh so better for my wallet they didn't.

ps. Sorry if any of this is repeated elsewhere... I'm just so excited for this collection
smiles.gif

vixo

Quote:
Originally Posted by Leven
For the MES ive seen people wet their brushes with Fix+ and then dip it into the shadow. Because they are mineralized the moisture wont screw with the powder.

Thanks for the tip !!
smiles.gif

Quote:
Originally Posted by Leven

I love your avatar by the way, im a fellow fan of Bjork
yes.gif

Cool !!
yahoo.gif
She's wonderful !

LMD84

even though you can technically use a wet brush on mes i still don't - i get the product on the brush and then spray the brush with fix+ or a drop of mixing medium. purely because if you wet the shadow itself then you have to leave it out to dry - if you shut the lid it may still stay damp and then you may get mould growing from the bottom of the shadow. maybe just me being paranoid but i rather wet the brush after and not the mes itself
smiles.gif

pnuttbuttajelli

Quote:
Originally Posted by Winthrop44

i'm assuming she meant like...
well you know how some clothing ensembles in a magazine look great for that "editorial" shoot with all those different pieces, but if someone walked out the house like that you'd hear sirens in the background because an ambulance was coming to take them to the loony bin?
yeah like that.

i could be wrong about what "editorial" means or what she meant by it, but that's what i'm assuming.
like she said, it's not something you'd wear every day, but i think it's something that would go in a magazine or in a professional photoshoot... or halloween-- idk.

hopefully that made a bit of sense because that's the only way i could think to explain it.

jardinaires

i am SO excited for this!!! i saw this in the update book and i could swear wetting myself seemed like a possibility at the time. this collection is 100% right up my alley.

jeffreygirl

Quote:
Originally Posted by Winthrop44

To help even further, think of magazines like VOGUE Italia, VOGUE Paris, Interview, POP, 10, Numero, I.D., Dazed & Confused, etc...

Cocopuff

.i just got back from update and I was the ONLY person in the training that was dying to put this on! I am NW45 and was not scurred one bit. I put on Velvetella cremestick liner, Black Night lipstick & Blackfire glimmerglass! My trainer was OVER when she saw that combination. Style Black will be mhy CoC. Everything else is wonderful and I will be broke this season, but Style Black was the center of the show. The main thing that we did with the black lipstick was to learn how to use it for anyone that comes to the counter. We showed how I could rock Show Orchid if I put the black lipstick on to change the shade. So I guess if you do not plan on wearing it alone, then use it for shading purposes. I am buying 2 of everything!

Rinstar

Did they happen to show you how to use it for someone who is NW15???
I am buying both mattenes and all 3 glimmerglass, but I am pretty clueless as how to wear them!!!!

MAChostage

Quote:
Originally Posted by vixo

I don't find the Mattenes drying at all and I love the texture! (And this is coming from a girl who normally doesn't do matte lips because of their tendency to be dry.)

Latest posts