MAC - Style Black Discussion

luhly4

Quote:
Originally Posted by bea_16
Do you think there will be face charts with this collection? I would love that!!

yes.gif

VioletB

Quote:
Originally Posted by luhly4
erine said they're chunky like the RSS mes [the glitter stripes in the middle] but are really nice when using them wet.

i find that all mes are 10x better if you use them wet, whether or not they have glitter
th_dunno.gif

i can't wait until swatches though!

Used them today.. but with the greasepaint stick as a base. GORGEOUS

Ps. Greasepaint sticks are long wearing and transfer resistant. Pretty much budgeproof.

Leven

Are any of the greasepaint sticks truely black, or do they all have shimmers? And do they really look greasy/wet?
th_dunno.gif

VioletB

Quote:
Originally Posted by Leven
Are any of the greasepaint sticks truely black, or do they all have shimmers? And do they really look greasy/wet?
th_dunno.gif

WELL.. The one that my trainer had looked super black. BUT now that I'm looking at the swatch in my update book under the light it has teeny tiny glitters.. but.. I think it is from the mineralize swatches that are above it. The description says "intense black"

They're not greasy or wet at all.. think of.. if smolder was a smudgeproof shadestick.
th_dunno.gif

LOL Greasepaint stick is smolder and sharkskin's intense, matte lovechild.

VioletB

Quote:
Originally Posted by Leven
awww, i was hoping they would be really wet looking
ssad.gif

You could always dab a little gloss texture over them.. who knows how long it would last.

One more thing. Blackfire glimmerglass looks like beauty marked in lipgloss form.
smiles.gif

The shimmery glimmerglasses go on pretty sheer.. but Blackware looks like black vinyl. Awesome.

Leven

Quote:
Originally Posted by VioletB
You could always dab a little gloss texture over them.. who knows how long it would last.

One more thing. Blackfire glimmerglass looks like beauty marked in lipgloss form.
smiles.gif

The shimmery glimmerglasses go on pretty sheer.. but Blackware looks like black vinyl. Awesome.

Ive used gloss to give the wet look to smudged liner, i was just hoping it would be in a pencil form now lol

and blackware sounds
th_drool.gif

erine1881

Quote:
Originally Posted by monter
Oh wow... adding Blue Flame to my list.

I've never tried a mattene before - what's the benefit to them? What makes them special? (hopefully it's something I don't care about - because so far, I don't want these... but every time I see something or hear about something from this collection, it ends up on my list! :p)

the mattenes wear like a matte, but aren't drying. they are actually creamy. they are heaven!
th_e2cloud9.gif

Quote:
Originally Posted by pnuttbuttajelli
yes, it may seem strange to have a black lipstick given that the trend for this year is supposed to be bright colors that pop, like a neutral face and a bright lipstick.

bright colours isn't the trend. its a trend. there's always four trends, and black is one of them.

Quote:
Originally Posted by vixo
Sorry to ask, but how do you use mes wet ?

Quote:
Originally Posted by LMD84
even though you can technically use a wet brush on mes i still don't - i get the product on the brush and then spray the brush with fix+ or a drop of mixing medium. purely because if you wet the shadow itself then you have to leave it out to dry - if you shut the lid it may still stay damp and then you may get mould growing from the bottom of the shadow. maybe just me being paranoid but i rather wet the brush after and not the mes itself
smiles.gif

they are meant to have water applied directly to them. they won't mold, no matter what. its what makes them different from other shadows, apart from the mineral part. you don't have to "air them out" before closing the lid.

either apply them to a brush and wet the brush, or wet your brush and dip into the pot. the only way to ruin them is to drop them (and even if this happens you can still salvage it).

Quote:
Originally Posted by bea_16
Do you think there will be face charts with this collection? I would love that!!

there are! i will post these in the next few days.

Quote:
Originally Posted by VioletB
WELL.. The one that my trainer had looked super black. BUT now that I'm looking at the swatch in my update book under the light it has teeny tiny glitters.. but.. I think it is from the mineralize swatches that are above it. The description says "intense black"

They're not greasy or wet at all.. think of.. if smolder was a smudgeproof shadestick.
th_dunno.gif

LOL Greasepaint stick is smolder and sharkskin's intense, matte lovechild.

see, ours at update had purple shimmer throughout.
th_dunno.gif

i forgot to add the "x-factor" (haha, get it fellow mac artists? lame, i know) to the greasepaint sticks. they come with their own shapener (don't know if this has already been mentioned). since the packaging looks like shadesticks, then colored cap and the end pulls off and is a wee sharpener!

VioletB

Quote:
Originally Posted by erine1881

see, ours at update had purple shimmer throughout.
th_dunno.gif

That's what I thought?? But.. I was too excited and looking at my update book I was trying to remember.. I was thinking it was maybe just loose glitter from other things?

Hmmmm..

erine1881

IMG_1581-2.jpg

so, there's good and bad to the following swatch. unfortunately, bling black glimmerglass traveled over night violet. fortunately, bling black glimmerglass traveled over night violet! so this gives you and idea of what the two look like layered!
th_DANCE.gif

IMG_1581-1.jpg

IMG_1582-1.jpg

sadly i couldn't find cinderfella til it was too late to swatch, but looking at the others i'm sure you can imagine what it would look like (like what black tied SHOULD look like!).

IMG_1576-1.jpg

i'm not sure if its supposed to have the purple shimmer or if that was some sort of weird occurance.
th_dunno.gif

IMG_1583-1.jpg

IMG_1578-1.jpg

and when the light hits it at the right angle

IMG_1585-1.jpg

dreamer246

Awesome swatches Erine! Thank you!
th_kiss.gif

I especially love it when the light catches the glitter particles, so pretty!
love.gif

Latest posts