MAC Styledriven Discussion

peachsuns

Thank you so much for the links and the swatches! Hoping to find some great everyday shadows.
greengrin.gif

princess sarah

excitement is building... especially at a haul pic that showed some brighter shadows!! so glad this is perm so i can focus on fall colour collection and my ever growing massive list first and then treat myself to this hopefully for xmas or my birthday!

MRV

It's up in the UK, and there's hardly any swatches! I will see them in person on Thursday, but it's weird to shop anything without seeing swatches beforehand.

xasperadastra

I'm not too caught by theese shades because I'm a matte finish lover... but hot paprika is my kind of shade!! It will be mine^^ I also like styledriven but I don't wear blue so often to justify a so big eyeshadow! Pink frontier is cute... maybe too shimmery for my tastes (I prefer to but expensive pink)... I could love One to watch but it seems a shimmered version of moleskin..? then I love browns but I have to stop buying them XD
ahhhh I'm so happy I can swatch a collection in store without the fear someone else finishes everything... unfortunally I don't have money to splurge---

ANYWAY... If I buy Hot Paprika I could skip the angel flame quad.... I guess the orange shade could be similar.... what do you think??

Mac-Guy

It's up in the UK, and there's hardly any swatches! I will see them in person on Thursday, but it's weird to shop anything without seeing swatches beforehand.
Lol, you are funny. It's certainly because it's been released in Europe before it hits the US. Happy hauling and please post swatches :)

makeupgrrl

I am so excited for September with Matchmaster and Styledriven. I want atleast 6 of the shadows, a few of the glosses, and the orange lipcreme and liner. I need swatches NOW!! I am so excited that this collection is permanent, and it included new lip liners. I have so many MAC lipsticks that I don't have coordinating liners for...so I am super excited!

katred

Specktra Bestie
Thanks to everyone for the swatches! The shades are very pretty, but I think that the selling point here will be the formulas. I don't see anything unique colour-wise. I found the same thing with the Mega Metal shadows. The colours weren't things I really hadn't seen before, but damn, that formula... SO beautiful!

ahoythere

It is definitely about time that MAC released some new colors of lipliners instead of just re-releasing Cremola and Buerre repeatedly. LOL

I am so excited for September with Matchmaster and Styledriven. I want atleast 6 of the shadows, a few of the glosses, and the orange lipcreme and liner. I need swatches NOW!! I am so excited that this collection is permanent, and it included new lip liners. I have so many MAC lipsticks that I don't have coordinating liners for...so I am super excited!

princess sarah

Just saw it up on UK site... how did u guys end up with that collection and MAC ME OVER straight away and all the other new additions??

Australia are still coming way behind now :(

cant find alot of swatches either

LMD84

i have ordered the lightest pink gloss to start with. i'm not touching the shadows until i know they are long lasting! then in the next few months i shall buy a couple of lip liners too :)

princess sarah

ooo cant wait until you all start getting your hauls.. enjoy!!!

i really want to see sunny outlook, styledriven, tease with ease and fresh flare swatches soon and maybe carefree.

Because its perm line im thinking of getting just my fav eyeshadows out of this line and going back for lips and additional shadows at a later stage

MRV

Swatches I found yesterday:

http://vonvonsinterests.blogspot.com/2011/08/mac-styledriven-collection-for-fall.html

Heiaken

I don't usually go for orange but Hot Paprika looks so lush that I just might have to get it. Other that that at least atm there is nothing super special that excites me (that's been take case for many MAC Collentions in the past two years..).

LMD84

I don't usually go for orange but Hot Paprika looks so lush that I just might have to get it. Other that that at least atm there is nothing super special that excites me (that's been take case for many MAC Collentions in the past two years..).
it is a very pretty shadow. if they are really long wearing i shall buy one for sure :)

Enrapture Encode Totem Styler - todays specktra blog post

*JJ*

i'm going to the mac me over preview party tonight, hopefully they'll be selling this collection too!

martiangurll

Love the look of Hot Paprika. I also like Legendary Black. The description is puzzling. What exactly is warm almost black?

Well I would think Yellow based (green based) dark brown almost black but then again MAC has me all confused because they say Yellow is cool and Pink is warm--so what the heck? So then, maybe it's a darkened brown black grey that leans pink?
huh2.gif

What inquiring minds here want to know is how does Paprika compare to Saffron???

paparazziboy

its said those colors to be cool and warm because MAC uses a true artist color wheel when it comes to color theory so on an actual artist color wheel those colors are deemed cool and warms tones. the other companies dont use that formula they reverse it.

i thought i would chime in a help you out on that one
Well I would think Yellow based (green based) dark brown almost black but then again MAC has me all confused because they say Yellow is cool and Pink is warm--so what the heck? So then, maybe it's a darkened brown black grey that leans pink?
huh2.gif

What inquiring minds here want to know is how does Paprika compare to Saffron???
have u guys checked out and liked my fan page on Facebook www.facebook.com/EloyGuerraMua i would really appreciate if u click the like button