MAC Styledriven Discussion

DILLIGAF

I'm glad to see some expansion to the MAC permanent line. That just means I don't have to run out and grab everything and worry about things selling out.

XxMoOmOoxX

Sweet Satisfaction looks gorgeous from the swatches that I saw, but I wish it was the same size as my regular Mac eyeshadows so that I can place them in my empty eyeshadow palette.

*JJ*

took a look at this collection today, totally underwhelmed again :(
the e/s are not unique, i have seen all these colors before. i just bought one lipgloss to try out the formula.
so, on to the next collection. i hope lightscapade lives up to its hype, i want to be excited again about something i buy..

PinkBasset

These shadows were so pigmented and smooth! I loved Legendary Black (seems close to the black in Leopard Luxe quad, maybe darker), which I bought to test out, Lie Low is beautiful and I will get that one next, it will make so pretty smokey eye with LB. Fresh Flare is bright! Like Bio-Green and Sassy Grass had a baby. Very nice. Sunny Outlook is also pretty and the pigmentation is great! Not very many yellow is that smooth, although this is not a clean yellow, it seems to have some gold to it. The light blue is also very pigmented and opaque. Sweet Satisfaction reminded me of Warming Trend, I guess it could be a dupe. The texture is like Megametals, smooth, very pigmented and seems easy to blend. They are with low shimmer/sheen, not frosty so yay for that!

The glosses were nice, but majority of the colours seemed dupable for me. Only the darkest one was something very unique. It is a dark dark purple with brown undertones. Gorgeous!! Of course I cannot resist testing these out, so I might get the darkest one, or some nice neutral light pink for everyday. Oh, the red one is exactly like Runaway Red, only a hair brighter.

The pencils were smooth, pigmented and felt nice when swatched. There wasn't a shade I was needing at the moment, but I know I will try one sooner than later anyway. I might have to give a closer look to the lipsticks as well, now Mac Me Over was taking my attention more. It's fortunate that these are permanent (the MA confirmed this), otherwise it would be hell trying to decide which ones to get right now.

Anneri

My swatches!

These are Sweet Satisfaction, Legendary Black and Sunny Outlook e/s, Whoops! and Show me l/g, and Good to go /l/s.

honybr

Thanks Anneri for the swatches! Thanks PinkBasset for the review! I'm looking forward to this collection. I haven't been interested in MMO or the Fall Color collection, so I'm hoping a few of these items work for me. I'm really glad it's permanent so I don't have to stalk the website.

Anneri

If anyone is interested in swatches of specific items, I could go back to the store to swatch early next week.

Mac-Guy

I like the color palette and everything seems to swatch nicely. Did you get all of those swatches?

My swatches!

These are Sweet Satisfaction, Legendary Black and Sunny Outlook e/s, Whoops! and Show me l/g, and Good to go /l/s.

Anneri

No, I didn't. I was at Ludwig Beck, and the place was packed. I also have no idea how the MUAs would react to taking pics - at home I know the MUAs, here I don't, so I didn't want to risk it. I just swatched the things I liked, went outside and puzzled a lot of tourists who watched a strange woman taking pics of her hand!

LMD84

my patience please gloss arrived today. my first impressions are not great. the gloss is stupidly thick and i felt like i had glue on my lips. also because this is a light colour it didn't blend well and looked patchy in places. the wearing time was amazing though... many hours later it was still there even after eating. i do like the applicator too. i need to play a bit more tomorrow because i think that perhaps over a liner it will look nice :)

Alisha1

No, I didn't. I was at Ludwig Beck, and the place was packed. I also have no idea how the MUAs would react to taking pics - at home I know the MUAs, here I don't, so I didn't want to risk it. I just swatched the things I liked, went outside and puzzled a lot of tourists who watched a strange woman taking pics of her hand!
lmao.gif
urock.gif

Piarpreet

i want legendary black i wanna see how it compares to hocus pocus. maybe its gonna be a cool color for easy smokeys, like HP. but perm

Anneri

Legendary Black is warmer than HP. It has a golden sheen and golden shimmer. HP is solidly grey next to it, I think.

Heiaken

I got something anyway. Picked up More to Love lip pencil to go with Rebel. The staying power really seems very good indeed!

buntewollsocke

Do you think that Hot Paprika will work well with green eyes?

I like the eyeshadow that looks like Carbonized from MMO ...