MAC Taste Temptations Collection (November 2012; December 2012)

vaisforluvrs

OMG, I'm losing it. I almost turned around and asked my boss if she had the color story for this collection
icon_eek.gif

Copperhead

What is mattene? is it extra matte? I'm confused.
They're not quite AS matte as MAC's matte lipsticks (at least not in texture anyway). Here's how MAC describes them.

With its streamlined design, this new slimline lipcolour, features the traditional glamour properties of a matte lipstick – intense colour and semi-matte velvety finish – while offering a creamier, softer, more glide-on application. Non-caking, non drying. Moisturizing and incredibly wearable yet absolutely matte.

Liz2012

Party Parrot and Pink Pigeon!!
yahoo.gif
I also missed out on the IA collection and i'm so excited i'm getting a second chance to pick them up
th_e2cloud9.gif

Lipstickdiva420

They're not quite AS matte as MAC's matte lipsticks (at least not in texture anyway). Here's how MAC describes them.

With its streamlined design, this new slimline lipcolour, features the traditional glamour properties of a matte lipstick – intense colour and semi-matte velvety finish – while offering a creamier, softer, more glide-on application. Non-caking, non drying. Moisturizing and incredibly wearable yet absolutely matte.
Oh ok thanks.

LadyMisfit

I'm confused. Are the mattenes in this collection or in the Strength one? I thought this collection would have Pink Pigeon, Party Parrot and two purple lippies in the normal formula. The colours of the mattenes seem to fit the colours that were mentioned in the Strength thread.
I'm confused too. Sorry but will this collection from Pink Pigeon and Party Parrot or not?

lilinah

I'm no fan of matte lipsticks - i think they don't look good on me unless i do something to make them not matte! Prep+Prime Lip underneath and something a little glossy on top. But i do like mattenes.

lilinah

I wish there were more info ahead of time about up coming collections and releases.

Not all of us can afford to buy everything MAC we like. It would be helpful to know beforehand what was coming out so we could perhaps hold back a bit on an earlier collection, if we knew a later collection had stuff we liked better. Otherwise, we blow our budget on the earlier stuff and can't afford the later stuff.

Some of us just can't afford to keep spending like crazed makeup addicts. And i know some of us miss out on some things because we spent too much a month or two before.

liba

I'm confused. Are the mattenes in this collection or in the Strength one? I thought this collection would have Pink Pigeon, Party Parrot and two purple lippies in the normal formula. The colours of the mattenes seem to fit the colours that were mentioned in the Strength thread.
Here's the confusion - BOTH Strength and Taste Temptations had 2 different sets of lip products. This one is mattenes and (I believe) lipsticks and the other is lipsticks and glosses. Sorry for all this straggly info. I actually am seeing my MA outside of work tomorrow - he's cutting my hair! I doubt he's going to remember everything verbatim out of the book, but at least maybe I can see what's a good day to come back in and get another look at that book from him.

In any case, people are at update this week and I think someone with all the color stories will come out of the woodwork before too long. Suffice it to say, both these collections are HUGE - just tons of products, all of them leaning towards strong lips in purples and magentas and crazy black, etc. 2 quads in each, multiple blushes in each, PWL liners in one (we don't know yet if they're pencils or the push-up self sharpening ones), plus nail polishes in both and assorted stuff like mascara. They both come out on the same day - I THOUGHT it was Jan 6th, but it might be mid-Dec. - I think I can find the answer to that one, at least.

All I can say is keep calm and breathe, ladies!!!!
th_crazy.gif

MacAddictNurse

ohhhhhh boy I told my husband this weekend that I was going to slow down buying makeup specially after the MM fiasco then I see Pink Pigeon and ohhhhh man
th_thstars.gif
am I happy!!! I missed out on PP and I caved in and bought it on evilbay for way too much money (I am embarrassed to say!)

romi79_2008

I wonder if I should buy 2 pink pigeons or 1 and 1 party parrot. i don`t know if I need Party parrot, I already have impassioned,moxie and fusion pink, is PP different enough from these 3 to worth buying it?

princess sarah

WOOHOOO!!! This is going to be so damn awesome!! I cant wait to see the full colour story of this collection. Im so excited just from the snippets of information that we have!

peachsuns

Well, the Strength collection is a bit more warm toned and comes out the same day......you will still give MAC your $$$.
devil.gif

Here's the confusion - BOTH Strength and Taste Temptations had 2 different sets of lip products. This one is mattenes and (I believe) lipsticks and the other is lipsticks and glosses. Sorry for all this straggly info. I actually am seeing my MA outside of work tomorrow - he's cutting my hair! I doubt he's going to remember everything verbatim out of the book, but at least maybe I can see what's a good day to come back in and get another look at that book from him.

In any case, people are at update this week and I think someone with all the color stories will come out of the woodwork before too long. Suffice it to say, both these collections are HUGE - just tons of products, all of them leaning towards strong lips in purples and magentas and crazy black, etc. 2 quads in each, multiple blushes in each, PWL liners in one (we don't know yet if they're pencils or the push-up self sharpening ones), plus nail polishes in both and assorted stuff like mascara. They both come out on the same day - I THOUGHT it was Jan 6th, but it might be mid-Dec. - I think I can find the answer to that one, at least.

th_crazy.gif
Thank you, liba!
th_hug.gif

peachsuns

I have Quick Sizzle and Candy Yum Yum. Do I still need Pink Pigeon? Could anyone swatch them together? TIA!
th_worship.gif

Mac-Guy

Well, the Strength collection is a bit more warm toned and comes out the same day......you will still give MAC your $$$.
devil.gif

th_crazy.gif
If this comes out mid-December, it will make great Christmas gifts. Actually, I would prefer the early release just for that reason, especially as the mineralize collection comes out in early January.

Mac-Guy

I wonder if I should buy 2 pink pigeons or 1 and 1 party parrot. i don`t know if I need Party parrot, I already have impassioned,moxie and fusion pink, is PP different enough from these 3 to worth buying it?
I would rather BU one product than buy 1 + 1 and not be sure about one of them.
2cents.gif

liba

I have Quick Sizzle and Candy Yum Yum. Do I still need Pink Pigeon? Could anyone swatch them together? TIA!
th_worship.gif
PP is closer to CYY than to QS. If CYY is a little too white-based for your taste, you will like PP so much more. Out of all of them, QS is the richest, deepest and most adult, and CYY is the craziest, with PP sort of in the middle of the elegant to crazy meter. My personal opinion is QS > CYY > PP.