MAC Taste Temptations Collection (November 2012; December 2012)

liba

I didn't end up getting either Pink Pigeon or Party Parrot, because I felt they were too similar to shades I already own. I do love that new Mac matte formula, though... These aren't my priority for this collection right now. I'm interested in seeing what the quads have to offer, plus the other lipstick shades. This seems almost overwhelming...
I know I sure was overwhelmed looking at that book and all the face charts.

The one quad in this collection with 2 navy blues in different textures plus a brand new shade of black (not the "warm black" from the Strength quad) sounds very intriguing to me. There were some truly awesome sounding blushes too. I'm only sorry this isn't coming out before New Year's. It really should have been a post X-mas collection, but then again, those are usually much smaller than the gigantic amount of stuff we're getting here.

princess sarah

Party Parrot and Moxie still are different enough to justify having the both, Moxie is more Pink. I can swatch them next to each other tonite after work if that helps?

Quick Sizzle, Pink Pigeon, Candy Yum Yum

QS and PP look much closer in the pic than they do to me on my hand right now. QS is by far the darkest and CYY, imo, isn't much like the other two, much brighter/more neon.

QS is one of the shades I wear most often, probably the least outrageous of the three but still quite bold. I do prefer PP to CYY though, I just find that I can wear it more often. Definitely brighter than QS but not over the top. Very wearable imo. I will hopefully be picking up a BU with this collection

ForeverJenn

so let me get this straight.. the Mac collection called "Taste Temptations" is launching party parrot + pink pigeon?

I can't miss out on those again or I'll go
th_crazy2.gif
!!

Audrey C

By the time I get closer to hitting pan, they'll either be repromoted again or there will be something even better (because I have 100% faith in technology
th_wiggle2.gif
).

There's just too much amazing stuff coming up and I certainly have plenty of MU to use before then.
2cents.gif
iagree.gif
This is exactly why I almost never back items up - because I have every confidence that something else I like at least as much will come along long before I get even close to hitting pan. I've owned and used several blush for years with nothing more than a dip. I finally chucked them because they were ancient (as in a decade), but I'm still not pursuaded there was actually anything wrong with them. Now that I have a couple of dozen blush, I seriously doubt that I'll ever see pan on any of them.

Copperhead

LMFAO!!! Ha that gave me a good laugh sooo true!
girlhaha.gif

MAC is hitting us with these collections so fast and furiously I just wanna toss all my money to them so I can have it ALL!! I surely don't have as much money as that kid is tossing out of that window though.
girlhaha.gif

hwdsprincess

:haha: MAC is hitting us with these collections so fast and furiously I just wanna toss all my money to them so I can have it ALL!!  I surely don't have as much money as that kid is tossing out of that window though. :haha:
Lol right?? I swear my neck is so tense from looking left and right so fast ooh look at this line (MM) oh look at this line now (glamourdaze) now look this way (taste temptations) too many items too quick

peachsuns

Quick Sizzle, Pink Pigeon, Candy Yum Yum

QS and PP look much closer in the pic than they do to me on my hand right now. QS is by far the darkest and CYY, imo, isn't much like the other two, much brighter/more neon.

QS is one of the shades I wear most often, probably the least outrageous of the three but still quite bold. I do prefer PP to CYY though, I just find that I can wear it more often. Definitely brighter than QS but not over the top. Very wearable imo. I will hopefully be picking up a BU with this collection
urock.gif
Eims!!! They all look beautiful on you! Thank you so much for the description. It's very helpful.
heart2.gif

romi79_2008

Party Parrot and Moxie still are different enough to justify having the both, Moxie is more Pink. I can swatch them next to each other tonite after work if that helps?
Thanks, I decided to get both because I just love the new matte formula. I get so many compliments when wear them. I usually go with a fluidline all over the lid and crease ( rich ground, dark diversion, etc applied sheer) with some highlighter in the inner corner of the eye and use some half false lashes, soft cheeks and then the lips boom. Strange thing when I wear smokey with nude lips, people never pay attention to me, but with bold lips they take a double look lol <- that`s not why I love the colors though :)))

MACina

Enjoy liba
smiles.gif

If you happen to see all the EDES could you please compare the colors to the ones from ED?
That would be very kind!
I am keen to know if there are possibly repromotes with different names amongst them.

I'm seeing the whole Glamour Daze collection tomorrow and I am definitely going to hold back on everything. I think I'd rather get more Pressed Pigments than EDES in particular, especially if they're not full size. I'll spend on the Kohl Powers and the f/ls for sure, but the verdict's out on the lipsticks until I try them, the l/gs, blushes and n/ps are out unless there's something really striking I'm missing here, and even with how much I used the EDSFs this year, I have barely made a dent in the ones I have, so I'm not sure I'll back any of them up. By the time I get closer to hitting pan, they'll either be repromoted again or there will be something even better (because I have 100% faith in technology
th_wiggle2.gif
).

There's just too much amazing stuff coming up and I certainly have plenty of MU to use before then.
2cents.gif

LadyMisfit

Can someone swatch love goddess with party parrot? The finishes are different but I just wanted to see the colors next to one another. TIA!

armzCFS

I have the color story for Taste Temptation Collection but I am not seeing Party Parrot or Pink Pigeon. Sorry to spoil everyone's excitement about the possibility of those two beautiful shades being re-promoted in this collection.
peace2.gif
There will be 3 new shades of Mattene Lipsticks instead. Release date in North America will be on December 13, 2012.
pompom.gif

Mac-Guy

I have the color story for Taste Temptation Collection but I am not seeing Party Parrot or Pink Pigeon. Sorry to spoil everyone's excitement about the possibility of those two beautiful shades being re-promoted in this collection.
peace2.gif
There will be 3 new shades of Mattene Lipsticks instead. Release date in North America will be on December 13, 2012.
pompom.gif
Thanks for letting us know. I will change the release date to Dec. :)

OctoberViolet

I can't wait to hear it! Maybe Party Parrot and Pink Pigeon are in one of the other collections coming out? We've been a little confused on what comes out with which collection. If Taste Temptation has the mattenes and blushes, maybe the Strength Collection has the other two lippies?
shrugs.gif

peace2.gif
pompom.gif

Naynadine

Veteran Moderator
Staff member
peace2.gif
pompom.gif
Please share if you can :)

armzCFS

@OctoberViolet - I don't have info on the Strength Collection maybe that is set to be released next year? There's Apres Chic Collection (before 2012 ends) which will be out after Taste Temptation.
eyelove.gif

OctoberViolet

Thank you so much armzCFS for the information. I had no idea there's another collection coming out called Apres Chic. Would you "happen" to have that color story also????
dapimp.gif

@OctoberViolet - I don't have info on the Strength Collection maybe that is set to be released next year? There's Apres Chic Collection (before 2012 ends) which will be out after Taste Temptation.
eyelove.gif

armzCFS

MAC Taste Temptation - December 13, 2012

Mattene Lipstick
Nocturnal Instincts - Mid-tone greyed lavender
Seductive Intent - Vivid purple
Night Blooming - Mid-tone blue pink

Lipglass
Good Times - Pale mauve
Revenge is Sweet - Vivid Purple
Perky - Mid-tone shimmering lilac

Powder Blush