MAC Taste Temptations Collection (November 2012; December 2012)

BuickMackane

So I went to Macy's last night. I've never been to the stores on a Black Friday and now I know why. I won't even get into what i saw because that's going totally off topic. Let's just say I'll never go to a Black Friday event again.

With that being said surprisingly there was hardly anyone around the Mac counter. I mean yes there were a few people there, but mostly just looking at their permanent line of things. So I had the Taste Temptations shelf all to myself and I swatched all of the colors...finally! When I had previously gone, i unfortunately was not able to swatch anything. I was so wrong about my thoughts and impressions. I did manage to take a picture of everything swatched on my hand but then, when I got home to upload them....the one perfect picture is missing from my phone. Grrr. Oh well.

Anyways, I will take and upload a lip swatch of Seductive Intent. Night Blooming was a skip...it's too bright. I don't even know why this is called Night Blooming. Too many dupeable colors are already in my collection at home. Decided to pick up a bu of RIS lipglass instead. For those of you beauties wondering....It is the same exact RIS that came out with the VV collection. There's nothing different here.

For those wondering about the eye shadow quad which upon my first initial look at them i said it looked liked it has good color payoff....boy was i wrong. Chalky texture with not much color payoff. Nothing impressive about the polishes either. You can better shades of purple elsewhere!

The lightest lipglass (sorry i'm tired can't remember the name) will suit lighter skin tones...it's going to look too much like a lip full of powdered donuts on us warmer/deep tone ladies. The second lightest, meh nothing exceptional either. In fact i found a lot of the colors from this entire collection to look boring. I think that all 3 lipsticks are great though and one of the blushes. Moving on.....

And finally the blushes. The magenta blush is AMAZING!! This blush may be too dark for lighter girls, unless you use it very sparingly...really just a few light dabs on your blush brush will do even for darker tones. The color is so satiny and smooth. Didn't pick it up either for some reason and i can't remember what reason i convinced myself with lol.
Thank you for the review!
flower.gif

So glad to hear you like the magenta blush. T's review had go me a bit worried.

katred

Specktra Bestie
I've decided on skipping this collection (hides face in shame). If Unconvential was more mid-tone to a darker lavender blush I would have bought it. The mattenes look okay, but I would have preferred more blue toned purples. Holding off until Strength and Apres collections. Firm Form l/s is a definite for me, maybe two depending on swatches. I also want the purple lipstick, Taupe and Poised blushes and from Apres, so far just the Hot Chocolate lipstick and maybe one or two other items. It depends.
Unconventional looks very pretty to me, although I wanted it to be more lavender. I'll wait to see it in person. I'm annoyed that I can't compare the purple mattene in this collection to the one that's coming up in Strength. Both are mattes. Both are supposed to be pretty close to Heroine. But what happens if I get the mattene and then decide I like the Strength one better? Ah, beauty addict problems.

MACina

yahoo.gif
....thank you so much for confirming this!

And thank you very much for your review!!!
So I went to Macy's last night. I've never been to the stores on a Black Friday and now I know why. I won't even get into what i saw because that's going totally off topic. Let's just say I'll never go to a Black Friday event again.

With that being said surprisingly there was hardly anyone around the Mac counter. I mean yes there were a few people there, but mostly just looking at their permanent line of things. So I had the Taste Temptations shelf all to myself and I swatched all of the colors...finally! When I had previously gone, i unfortunately was not able to swatch anything. I was so wrong about my thoughts and impressions. I did manage to take a picture of everything swatched on my hand but then, when I got home to upload them....the one perfect picture is missing from my phone. Grrr. Oh well.

Anyways, I will take and upload a lip swatch of Seductive Intent. Night Blooming was a skip...it's too bright. I don't even know why this is called Night Blooming. Too many dupeable colors are already in my collection at home. Decided to pick up a bu of RIS lipglass instead. For those of you beauties wondering....It is the same exact RIS that came out with the VV collection. There's nothing different here.

For those wondering about the eye shadow quad which upon my first initial look at them i said it looked liked it has good color payoff....boy was i wrong. Chalky texture with not much color payoff. Nothing impressive about the polishes either. You can better shades of purple elsewhere!

The lightest lipglass (sorry i'm tired can't remember the name) will suit lighter skin tones...it's going to look too much like a lip full of powdered donuts on us warmer/deep tone ladies. The second lightest, meh nothing exceptional either. In fact i found a lot of the colors from this entire collection to look boring. I think that all 3 lipsticks are great though and one of the blushes. Moving on.....

And finally the blushes. The magenta blush is AMAZING!! This blush may be too dark for lighter girls, unless you use it very sparingly...really just a few light dabs on your blush brush will do even for darker tones. The color is so satiny and smooth. Didn't pick it up either for some reason and i can't remember what reason i convinced myself with lol.

MissTT

I'm really not sure if this was a Macy's/MAC only release. My Nordstrom SA is selling from this collection today.
hmm.gif

tattletale

I'm really not sure if this was a Macy's/MAC only release. My Nordstrom SA is selling from this collection today.
hmm.gif
hmmm its supposed to be a MACY'S exclusive from 12-4 am nordstrom shouldn't be selling it. it does not launch till dec 26th for the rest of the MAC locations

MissTT

hmmm its supposed to be a MACY'S exclusive from 12-4 am nordstrom shouldn't be selling it. it does not launch till dec 26th for the rest of the MAC locations
When I asked her about the launch date of this collection a few weeks back she gave me today's date.
th_dunno.gif
She confirmed again on Wednesday when I was editing my order.

CartoonChic

Here are the Taste Temptation Mattene swatches.

Nocturnal Instincts - Budding Love - Pink Popcorn - Nocturnal Instincts

Show Orchid - Night Blooming - Outrageously Fun - Candy Yum-Yum - Night Blooming - Quick Sizzle - Girl About Town

Dish It Up - Seductive Intent - Heroine - Violetta - Seductive Intent

ALivingDoll

You're so welcome Macina...glad i could help!

Just keep in mind that SI lipstick is a tinge more purple. My camera is not picking up how stunning this color really is! Also, the way RIS looks in person has a tad more tint of pink (also the pigmentation of one's lips will bring out more or less the lip glasses actual color)...it's not really a pigmented lip glass..it's almost like a tinted lip balm type of coloring...but layered on top of SI is beautiful also.

All in all....if you decide not to purchase any of the lipsticks in this collection, RIS is still lovely as a top coat for your favorite pink or purple lipstick.
heart.gif

MACina

Thank you for the all the swatches and comparisons CartoonChic!!!

Very helpful
thmbup.gif

PURPLE , PURPLE , PURPLE.............STUNNING
eyelove.gif
heart.gif
bigheart.gif
love.gif

Show Orchid - Night Blooming - Outrageously Fun - Candy Yum-Yum - Night Blooming - Quick Sizzle - Girl About Town

Prettypackages

Thanks Cartoon chic, I technically don't need any of the lippies. But I like budding love and pink popcorn and don't have a backup. I might have to NI, will probably skip NBlooming. It is a smidge difference and need to save extra money right now. I am going to get Sintent. Is this the one that is supposed to be like RIS Lipglass? I agree that your lips will determine the color of this. On mine it is a purple pink color. But my lips are very pink.

martiangurll

Will this collex be available on teh MAC website later, after the Macy's exclusive? Oh what the heck, I guess I just need to go by there after work...

BuickMackane

Beautiful! Thank you so much!
flower.gif

martiangurll

No BUs this time. It's weird, but I don't feel the need to BU Mattenes. I would probably BU Seductive Intent if I did.
MAC has been pretty good about throwing a purple (or more than one) into each collection to keep us appeased for the moment. If SI was way different from Pink Popcorn or Budding Love I could see a BU. SI looks the prettiest of all of them and is the one I will probably BU.