MAC Taste Temptations Collection (November 2012; December 2012)

CartoonChic

Thanks Cartoon chic, I technically don't need any of the lippies. But I like budding love and pink popcorn and don't have a backup. I might have to NI, will probably skip NBlooming. It is a smidge difference and need to save extra money right now. I am going to get Sintent. Is this the one that is supposed to be like RIS Lipglass? I agree that your lips will determine the color of this. On mine it is a purple pink color. But my lips are very pink.
From the three Mattenes, I think Night Blooming would be closer in color to Revenge Is Sweet. Seductive Intent is more purple in color.

CartoonChic

MAC has been pretty good about throwing a purple (or more than one) into each collection to keep us appeased for the moment. If SI was way different from Pink Popcorn or Budding Love I could see a BU. SI looks the prettiest of all of them and is the one I will probably BU.
Do you mean Nocturnal Instincts?

kimbunney

I need to pull from within and skip the mattenes. They are so pretty but with Cartoonchic swatches they look pretty similar to things I already have. So unless I just want a back up of a similar color I'm hoping I can pass. I'm still interested in the lipglasses, I don't have anything like it in my collection hopefully I can be satisfied with just those.

I have Budding Love and Pink Popcorn, OF looks closest to Night Blooming which I have OF, and I have Dish it up and Heroine.

elkaknits

Thank you for the swatches. I love the mattene formulation and packaging but will end up passing. I have Show Orchid, Violetta, and my personal favorite of Love Forever
Here are the Taste Temptation Mattene swatches.

Nocturnal Instincts - Budding Love - Pink Popcorn - Nocturnal Instincts

Show Orchid - Night Blooming - Outrageously Fun - Candy Yum-Yum - Night Blooming - Quick Sizzle - Girl About Town

Dish It Up - Seductive Intent - Heroine - Violetta - Seductive Intent

vaisforluvrs

Will this collex be available on teh MAC website later, after the Macy's exclusive? Oh what the heck, I guess I just need to go by there after work...
It's not going to be available again until the online launch (Dec. 6th I think). I went to pick up my pre-order this morning and they already put the testers away.

katred

Specktra Bestie
Here are the Taste Temptation Mattene swatches.

Nocturnal Instincts - Budding Love - Pink Popcorn - Nocturnal Instincts

Show Orchid - Night Blooming - Outrageously Fun - Candy Yum-Yum - Night Blooming - Quick Sizzle - Girl About Town

Dish It Up - Seductive Intent - Heroine - Violetta - Seductive Intent
Thanks very much for these. As I suspected, Night Blooming looks way too similar to products I already have. Nocturnal Instincts actually looks the most original compared to other products I have, but I'm not sure that it would work on me. Seductive Intent is very nice, but I have Dish It Up and Violetta and more purple lipsticks that already aren't getting enough love...

katred

Specktra Bestie
Not sure if this was already posted:

laurenclarkmakeup.blogspot.ca/2012/11/mac-taste-temptation-swatches.html

tattletale

When I asked her about the launch date of this collection a few weeks back she gave me today's date.
th_dunno.gif
She confirmed again on Wednesday when I was editing my order.
that is so weird i didnt hear anything about it. and i work or the company and have the marketing calendar in front of me and just checked all my emails with now word of the collection launching early in nordstroms.

Naughtyp

i went and got some of my stuff last night... I got Night blooming, perky and revenge is sweet. i put back For fun np cuz it's looks almost exactly the same as In the Dark which I already have. blue gaze was too dark. so got nocturnal instincts instead I was surprised that I liked it so much! I will be getting both blushes and seductive intent at Nordstroms on the 13th ...

badassSENORiTA

this helped me decide better, now I know I'm skipping I too was hoping for the mattenes to be more purple. I have so many pinks and they look too close to some
of the ones I already have oh well wallet is recuperating from the glamour daze haul now lol

MACina

th_drool.gif
th_drool.gif
th_drool.gif
.....STUNNING swatches....I love her swatches!!!!

OMG...this is such a pretty collection.....again,I looooove the Quad and the mattenes and blushes are to
die for too!!!

Thank you for sharing Katred!!!

singer82

I can't wait for this collection! Thanks ladies your swatches are awesome! :) I don't own dish it up, violetta, or heroine. So I'm still building up my purple lippies. So I still want to get 2 SI's and a NI. I love the fluidlines so much! So glad thier perm. I'm loving the sound of unconventional's sheen! I love the sheen in my FOJ, But it will be nice to have a subdued version.

ForeverJenn

Seductive intent will be mine for sure, I have nothing like it so it's more than welcome!
Night Blooming is RIGHT up my alley but I need to stop buying colors like that... but they're just so pretty!!
getyou.gif
@ MAC

I would love to see a photo of someone wearing Nocturnal Instinct, I can't make up my mind about that one!
My conflicting situation: I really want all three lipsticks, but with Apres Chic and Strength creeping up, I just don't see myself cutting down my list for those two collections
blah.gif
.. It's No buy November for me, (but I already had a few slips, 2-3 new lipsticks wouldn't hurt, would it?)
devil.gif

P.S, don't own any Mattenes, never even played with them.. I wonder if I'd like the formula