MAC Taste Temptations Collection (November 2012; December 2012)

valkolak

I think I'm just going to get RiS plus a bu. Seductive Intent is quite lovely but I'm happy with Heroine. Unconventional looks like it has a wonderful texture and a sheen like a bp but it's even pinker than FoJ so...idk it just let me down.

ChosenOne

It's always interesting how colors look different on everyone. NB is much more fuschia and magenta on my rosy, pigmented lips. Not very close to OF, at least not for me. OF is much more pink leaning on me. Definitely different enough to own both. And SI is much more purple on me. The beautezine swatches make it look pink, but it leans purple for me. I don't have NI but I'm still considering if I need it.
I find it really interesting too...and frustrating at times, lol. In certain swatches (like CartoonChic's) NI looked beautiful, but it looked much more mauve on me, so that was a bit of a downer. Thank you so much for the details comparing NB to OF. Definitely makes me lean more toward getting it. I guess I'll just have to order it when it comes online and see how it comes out on my lips. The worst thing that can happen is I discover it looks a lot like one of the other bright pink/fuchsia lippies I own...and would that really be so bad?
amuse.gif

ladyarwen

Can anyone who has both Nocturnal Instincts and Flaunting It do a side-by-side swatch comparison? Or at least let me know if they're similar or not.

lilinah

After seeing so many swatches on so many different lip and skin tones, I am down to 3 items:
Mattene Lipstick - Nocturnal Instincts - Mid-tone greyed lavender
Lipglass - Perky - Mid-tone shimmering lilac
Powder Blush - Unconventional - Pale shimmering lavender

And one to test, just in case:
Mattene Lipstick - Seductive Intent - Vivid purple - ?? maybe - i skipped Heroine purple because i have Violetta, but if this is bluer than Violetta i may go for it.

My wallet is happier when i only get a few things - more money for the next collection
2cents.gif
And in this case i feel pretty confident i will not have skipper's remorse.

Ashleybubbles83

I almost want to say to people if you missed out on heroine you should get seductive intent! They're not exact dupes but pretty damn close!

hwdsprincess

I almost want to say to people if you missed out on heroine you should get seductive intent! They're not exact dupes but pretty damn close!
I have heroine but I like seductive intent because it looks like a cousin and well I don't really have any other colors in the heroine family, and lord knows I have like every fam related to candy yum yum.... So I think si is the only one from this line ill be getting

BuickMackane

cheerleader.gif
i have some of those blushes.
getyou.gif
mac's dirty plum!
Yeah, that one definitely needs the Yachiyo touch! I drooled over it when it was released with LoL but I was too intimidated to even contemplate buying it. Dark blush + Pale skin + Utter blush klutz = BAD combo
lol.gif

I don't think I can use TT's Passionately Tempted with my regular blush brush either.

kimibos

Yeah, that one definitely needs the Yachiyo touch! I drooled over it when it was released with LoL but I was too intimidated to even contemplate buying it. Dark blush + Pale skin + Utter blush klutz = BAD combo
lol.gif

I don't think I can use TT's Passionately Tempted with my regular blush brush either.
i dont know what i was thinking when i got that blush, the packaging got me.

BuickMackane

i dont know what i was thinking when i got that blush, the packaging got me.
It is a nice colour (purple = nice colour, by default) so I don't think it was the packaging :)

LoL was a good collection. I was stupid enough to walk out the store with just two bottles of Blue India... while both BPs, Petals&Peacocks, Blooming Lovely and Bough Grey were all there looking at me with pleading eyes.

Needless to say my first bottle of Blue India is still 3/4 full.

th_wallbash.gif

macgirl3121

It is a nice colour (purple = nice colour, by default) so I don't think it was the packaging :)

LoL was a good collection. I was stupid enough to walk out the store with just two bottles of Blue India... while both BPs, Petals&Peacocks, Blooming Lovely and Bough Grey were all there looking at me with pleading eyes.

Needless to say my first bottle of Blue India is still 3/4 full.

th_wallbash.gif
Same here. I only have one bottle of Blue India but I do love this color. It's gorgeous.

katred

Specktra Bestie
You hope? Naah, you will!

It's easily the best makeup investment I made this year. It rescued so many blushes from the what-was-I-thinking drawer
lol.gif
I have one on its way to me now! I've had a MUA apply blush on me with one of them a couple of times and it always looks PERFECT. I figured it was the artist, but I tried it myself once at a Nars counter and felt like it was idiot proof. Which is good, because I am a blush idiot.