MAC - Tendertones 08 Discussion

GlossyAbby

Re: MAC Tendertones 2008

I still have 2 from last yrs collection.. I rarely use them so atleast this is one new collection that I can skip
smiles.gif

sinergy

Take a Hint is the only one not showing coming soon next to it now (US site)

christineeee_

i want ez baby, tread gently, honey bare, take a hint, and sweet tooth, but i'm just gonna order ez baby and tread gently online now and wait to see the rest in person

xoxprincessx0x

I really love these and the colors in the jar look beautiful!! But is it worth it to buy a bunch of them or do they all look sheer and the same color when applied?

elegant-one

Quote:
Originally Posted by erine1881
IMG_0251-1.jpg
IMG_0255-1.jpg

? Ok I thought just by the name, that Honey Bare would be a peach or nude color but this is what MAC has for Honey Bare: Rosy blue pink with white and gold pearl. probably a mis-print.

Is hot & saucy that light? Very Pretty

xoxprincessx0x

It must be a misprint considering the shade card says sheer peach with white pearlized pigments, which definately sounds correct.

elegant-one

^^^I had a hard time getting some of the lighter colors to show up on me. But, they are supposed to be sheer. I love the milky pink, but just not sure it will even show up on me more than just kinda clear.

Winthrop44

Quote:
Originally Posted by elegant-one
? Ok I thought just by the name, that Honey Bare would be a peach or nude color but this is what MAC has for Honey Bare: Rosy blue pink with white and gold pearl. probably a mis-print.

Could they have switched the description for Honey Bare with the one for Take A Hint? They're calling Take a Hint "Sheer peach with white pearl".

jenntoz

Quote:
Originally Posted by xoxprincessx0x
I really love these and the colors in the jar look beautiful!! But is it worth it to buy a bunch of them or do they all look sheer and the same color when applied?

I've never had any tendertones before, so I'm starting with two...Deep Sigh and Sweet & Nice(they look like they'll show up, I think) In the swatch thread the others don't look like they really show up too much, but they look sooooo pretty in the jars that it is hard to resist buying them all
winks.gif

elegant-one

Quote:
Originally Posted by Winthrop44
Could they have switched the description for Honey Bare with the one for Take A Hint? They're calling Take a Hint "Sheer peach with white pearl".

That's funny because earlier this morning, Take A Hint had a different color description..it said something midtone pink

Sweet Tooth looks so pretty! I'm definitely getting that one

AudreyNicole

From the collection last year, I bought 6 of them I think (though I sold all but 2 when I needed some cash). Of the repromotes this year, I had Take a Hint
bigheart.gif
, Pucker, and Hush Hush. Take a Hint and Pucker showed up well enough on me to notice a definate color (though sheer) on my lips. Hush Hush and Shush (similar to Tread Gently showed pretty much clear with alot of shine and subtle sparkle. I kept Take a Hint and Tender Baby (not repromoted
ssad.gif
) I am tempted by EZ Baby this year, but it looks very light. But for me, with SPF, high gloss finish and great smell are enough to get me to purchase these, even if they don't have a ton of color. I like to put these under l/s sometimes, and if I am out in the sun, these are a must for me. If you have never tried them, try one or two... you won't be disappointed, just don't expect a bold lipcolor. I much perfer these to the TLC.

AudreyNicole

Quote:
Originally Posted by jenntoz
I've never had any tendertones before, so I'm starting with two...Deep Sigh and Sweet & Nice(they look like they'll show up, I think) In the swatch thread the others don't look like they really show up too much, but they look sooooo pretty in the jars that it is hard to resist buying them all
winks.gif

Ah heck, get 'em all.
lol.gif
Keep one in your make up bag, one in your purse, one at work... just don't leave them in the car! The will melt in no time!
nonono.gif
(Speaking from experience here!
lol.gif
)

xoxprincessx0x

Quote:
Originally Posted by elegant-one
^^^I had a hard time getting some of the lighter colors to show up on me. But, they are supposed to be sheer. I love the milky pink, but just not sure it will even show up on me more than just kinda clear.

Yeah, I'm so tempted buy EZ Baby but I know it will be sheer. I figure what the heck I'll enjoy looking at it in the jar, the way I feel about ALL my mac products lol
yahoo.gif

clslvr6spd

It's so strange that they are available on the regular site, but they aren't up on the PRO site...
oh.gif

winterwonder

^ They're not, they still say coming soon on the regular site in the US. =( I want to order them and the volcanic ash so it gets here before I leave next week so I hope they're all available soon. =)

AudreyNicole

For those planning to get some, which colors are you wanting? I can't decide. I think I want 2 for now, but I don't know which ones. Both of the ones I have are pink, but still, I like EZ Baby. I love these things, and it would be so much easier if they were permanent already! Hopefully, they will sell well this time around like they did last year, and the next time they bring them back, there will be no triangles! *crosses fingers*

VDUB*BELLA

I have never owned a Tendertone (only TLC) so since I'm a pink girly I'm definatley gonna grab EZ Baby (just bought it heheheh)

winterwonder

I definitely want Tread Gently and another Hush, Hush. I think I'm going to get EZ Baby as well. I'm cutting myself off at 3 though and really I'd like to only get 2 (yeah right) So if I can resist I'll just get Tread Gently and EZ Baby 'cause I have enough Hush, Hush left theoretically.... lol