MAC The Stylish Brow Collection Discussion (December 2012)

BunnyHeffner

me wearing lingering. do you think dirty blond will work?
I'm not sure how active this thread is currently, but hopefully someone can give me some advice. I was all set to order the Brow Gelcreme in DDB but I saw this picture. My brows are a little bit darker than this, but I would not have even considered Dirty Blond (I would have assumed it would be WAY too light) ...but it seems like that is what a few of you are recommending? For reference I currently use Brow Zings by Benefit in Dark. My brows already have a nice shape and are full so I would be using the Gelcreme to just define and enhance rather than fill in or create a shape. Do you think I should stay with my gut and go with Deep Dark Brunette? Or should I get Dirty Blonde? Maybe both and do a combination of the two?
I'd really appreciate any help...I was already to submit my order online (since they just came back in stock!) and thought I should check here first. I'm glad I did!

Monsy

I used to use Brow zings in light if that helps you but most of the things I use on my eyebrows turn a little darker when I apply them

allThingsGirl

I'm not sure how active this thread is currently, but hopefully someone can give me some advice. I was all set to order the Brow Gelcreme in DDB but I saw this picture. My brows are a little bit darker than this, but I would not have even considered Dirty Blond (I would have assumed it would be WAY too light) ...but it seems like that is what a few of you are recommending? For reference I currently use Brow Zings by Benefit in Dark. My brows already have a nice shape and are full so I would be using the Gelcreme to just define and enhance rather than fill in or create a shape. Do you think I should stay with my gut and go with Deep Dark Brunette? Or should I get Dirty Blonde? Maybe both and do a combination of the two? I'd really appreciate any help...I was already to submit my order online (since they just came back in stock!) and thought I should check here first. I'm glad I did!
I actually have very dark brown hair and black (but sparse) eyebrows. I'm about NC40 or a tad lighter. I use Dirty Blond for a more "natural" look. I like it. I have to layer it a little though. The DDB looks really striking, crisp, and strong -- but I love it. So, in summary, I think you could probably use Dirty Blond too since I'm probably darker than you. I was thinking to try and mix them too but I haven't yet.

BunnyHeffner

Thanks. I went with my gut and ordered DDB. I like well defined brows. I feel like it helps balance my face out a bit. I also ordered the 208 brush. I was feeling pretty confident about this choice...and then I had a dream last night...about Brow Gelcremes! That's totally normal...right? In my dream DDB looked absolutely terrible and I had giant Marx Brothers eyebrows...but DB looked fab.
Guess I won't put too much stock in it. I was tempted to order DB this morning, but I think I'm just going to be patient and see how DDB turns out!
girlhaha.gif

ChosenOne

Think I'm going to take a flying leap of faith and order DDB brow fluidline while it's still available. I hope I like it because goodness knows I don't like the money it takes to ship something back!

katelyn0

iagree.gif
with Nars smudgeproof primer. That's what I used on top of my brows with brow products before my beloved brow gel cremes!

katelyn0

No this is probably the longest wearing brow product I have tried, it compares to the wear of MUFE aqua brow but I found the MAC gel cremes waaaayyy easier to use. (For me, anyway, I know some would disagree). It lasts longer than any pencils/powders I've ever tried and I have tried tons of different brow products over the years. I have combo skin. When the day was done, my foundation was basically gone from my forehead but my brows were not.
yummy.gif

BunnyHeffner

No this is probably the longest wearing brow product I have tried, it compares to the wear of MUFE aqua brow but I found the MAC gel cremes waaaayyy easier to use. (For me, anyway, I know some would disagree). It lasts longer than any pencils/powders I've ever tried and I have tried tons of different brow products over the years. I have combo skin. When the day was done, my foundation was basically gone from my forehead but my brows were not.
yummy.gif
WOW!
eyelove.gif
I'm so glad I ordered this when it came back on the website earlier this week! (I missed out the first time around) If it works 1/2 as well for me as it does for you I'll be stoked!

BluEyeDoc

I want Dirty Blond so badly!!! I feel like I've checked about a million times just hoping that when I click on it it won't be SOLD OUT. :(