MAC The Stylish Brow Collection Discussion (December 2012)

MacNcheese

I missed the online launch for this and ended up ordering earlier in the month when it was on backorder at Nordies, I should get it on Monday. I picked up the 208 as well and can't wait to use it. I've been using a brow kit from nyx to fill in and sometimes a dark brown pencil. I have the stupid one brow higher than the other problem so I hope DDB looks natural on me.

veronikawithak

I am so in love with Dirty Blonde.. I used the Benefit pencil before and then Lingering but the combo of this gelcreme formula and the 208 brush is pure magic. I really do hope they become permanent! I didn't want to get a backup and risk it drying out. A little goes a long way with these so I'm hoping to stretch it out until... forever... :)

Copperhead

I just checked the brow gels on the U.S. site and noticed they've gone up an entire dollar! They're now $16.

Kittily

Ordered a Dirty Blonde on the UK MAC site... I hope if it's good it'll become a permanent product.

martiangurll

I was debating getting DDB b/c Dirty Blonde is almost too yellow/orange on me, but I think I will just stick with my Fling and Lingering pencils and use the DB I have and sheer it out.

allthingsmakeup

Does anyone know how yellow the dirty blonde brow gelcreme is? My brows are quite ashy. I have used the Fling pencil from Mac but that one was way to yellow. And unfortunately most brown pencils are way to red for me.
wondering.gif

Copperhead

Does anyone know how yellow the dirty blonde brow gelcreme is? My brows are quite ashy. I have used the Fling pencil from Mac but that one was way to yellow. And unfortunately most brown pencils are way to red for me.
wondering.gif
Temptalia's swatches may help you out a bit.

http://www.temptalia.com/mac-fluidline-brow-gelcremes-reviews-photos-swatches

martiangurll

wondering.gif
Its not as yellow as Fling for certain. There is some taupe/grey in there to balance it out some.

lilinah

Quote: Originally Posted by Edelmc
Also....is strawberry blonde brow pencil similar to omega eye shadow?

No.

I use Omega regularly, when i'm not using the Dirty Blonde Brow Gelcreme. I tested the Strawberry Blonde -- it was a warmer color than Dirty Blonde. So it would be too warm for me, but if you're a redhead it might work.

lilinah

If anyone's still reading this...

As i've said before, my eyebrows are naturally very thin, but in my right brow the hairs have taken to kinda standing up at an angle recently (like they're taking a flying leap), which looks strange and make my brow even less visible without brow product. I have an Anastasia Tinted Brow Gel which goes on with a spoolie, but my brows are really too thin and sparse for it to work well. It ends up clumping and smearing, and still doesn't make my brows lie down and behave.

I was in sephora recently and saw quite a few brow pencils of uncolored microcrystalline wax. Sounds good, except i hate to spend over $20 for a colorless wax pencil. Even MAC's Brow Finisher is $16 for a stick of wax.

Does anyone know of a similar drug store version? I didn't see one when i was in my local CVS, but it isn't always very well stocked. I was so desperate i bought a $5 tube of mustache wax, but i think a firmer wax pencil would work better. Help!

Baby1black

If anyone's still reading this... As i've said before, my eyebrows are naturally very thin, but in my right brow the hairs have taken to kinda standing up at an angle recently (like they're taking a flying leap), which looks strange and make my brow even less visible without brow product. I have an Anastasia Tinted Brow Gel which goes on with a spoolie, but my brows are really too thin and sparse for it to work well. It ends up clumping and smearing, and still doesn't make my brows lie down and behave. I was in sephora recently and saw quite a few brow pencils of uncolored microcrystalline wax. Sounds good, except i hate to spend over $20 for a colorless wax pencil. Even MAC's Brow Finisher is $16 for a stick of wax. Does anyone know of a similar drug store version? I didn't see one when i was in my local CVS, but it isn't always very well stocked. I was so desperate i bought a $5 tube of mustache wax, but i think a firmer wax pencil would work better. Help!
wax pencil do not know of any but nyx has a clear brow gel wax that I believe is $5

BunnyHeffner

wax pencil do not know of any but nyx has a clear brow gel wax that I believe is $5
NYX also makes a colorless wax pencil. Here is the link to the product on their website : http://www.nyxcosmetics.com/p-62-eyebrow-shaper-ebs01.aspx They have it listed at $8.75, but I believe I got it for less than that at Ulta. (It may have been on sale or I might have used a coupon.) I quickly looked at cherryculture.com and they have it listed at $6.60.

dannimay

No this is probably the longest wearing brow product I have tried, it compares to the wear of MUFE aqua brow but I found the MAC gel cremes waaaayyy easier to use. (For me, anyway, I know some would disagree). It lasts longer than any pencils/powders I've ever tried and I have tried tons of different brow products over the years. I have combo skin. When the day was done, my foundation was basically gone from my forehead but my brows were not. 
yummy.gif
Can't wait to get one of these. Just a little sad that everyone will love them, and will not be able to get afterwards.. :/

Monsy

Just wanted to say how much i LOVE dirty blonde

it is a little warmer than Lingering but still looks nice. it is easy to use and very long wearing

I hope they make this permanent.

MissTT

Your brows look great, Monsy. That's how I want mine to look. I received DDB and the 208 last week, but don't really know how to use it since I've never used product in my brows. I have a big date on Saturday so I hope I can figure something out.

honey on boost

I wish I would have bought DB instead of DDB :( I tried it on this morning and it is way too dark for my brows. UGH! Maybe I'll give the Tarte brow mousse a try or stick to my Anastacia powder.