MAC The Stylish Brow Collection Discussion (December 2012)

califabulous

i dont like DDB anymore. its too light for me. I dont care what any makeup artist says about Stud being too dark for me. I love my Stud Pencil and I always will !!!!

Me wearing my lover Stud pencil on my brows::
i have never tried stud...might as well give it a go. I will ask a MA next time I go to MAC and see what they suggest for me. Your brows look great...totally natural. Stud doesn't seem too dark at all. interesting.

AND i like that jacket you're wearing. Nice!

BuickMackane

I'm so excited cuz i just booked a gig with a purse company for a print campaign!!!
Congratulations on your new business! And your new gig, of course!
flower.gif

I've never had my own business but I can imagine how challenging it must be. But oh so rewarding at the same time...

luvlydee

luvlydee those MUAs are crazy. I don't think Stud looks too dark on you at all.
Now im wondering why all mua ive came acros think its too dark?? Even at sephora they always give me really light browns. One of the mua told me she uses stud so i cant use it because shes darker than me. And im like seriously? I thought brow colors had less to do with the color lf ur skin and more with the color of the hair? Lol

erine1881

Now im wondering why all mua ive came acros think its too dark?? Even at sephora they always give me really light browns. One of the mua told me she uses stud so i cant use it because shes darker than me. And im like seriously? I thought brow colors had less to do with the color lf ur skin and more with the color of the hair? Lol 
Absolutely NOTHING to do with your skintone!

gracie90

I tried the Redhead e/s duo today and I really liked it so I picked it up! I also grabbed the 208, but when I got home I realised the MA had given me the 266 instead :(
Should I keep the 266 or take it back and swap it for the one I really wanted?

Audrey C

I tried the Redhead e/s duo today and I really liked it so I picked it up! I also grabbed the 208, but when I got home I realised the MA had given me the 266 instead :(
Should I keep the 266 or take it back and swap it for the one I really wanted?
Just seeing this now. I have both the 208 and the 266. I think the 266 is too big and a bit too soft for brows, myself. I use the 208.

gracie90

Quote:
Just seeing this now. I have both the 208 and the 266. I think the 266 is too big and a bit too soft for brows, myself. I use the 208.
I swapped it for the 208 yesterday - I used it for my brows with Expresso e/s this morning and it was lovely! I've definitely found my go-to brow colour :)

ForeverJenn

Looks like I placed the order for my backup of DBB gelcreme right on time. I don't see it on the site anymore! I don't understand why MAC didn't make these permanent?
girl_devil.gif

allThingsGirl

Can anyone recommend a brow pencil that is a cooler version of DDB? I love this product but some days I want my brows more cool. Would this be "stud"?

martiangurll

I swapped it for the 208 yesterday - I used it for my brows with Expresso e/s this morning and it was lovely! I've definitely found my go-to brow colour :)
I finally perfected my application and found a brush I liked best. Actually, it is the Smashbox #12 meant to be an eyeliner brush I think--its the right size, thickness and stiffness. Heh heh heh

I wish the Dirty Blonde was just a little lighter, but I think the color works. I apply a thin line under my brows and blend it with the spoolie, up and with the "lay" of the brow hairs. My brows are fairly uniform so I don't usually need to fill in with powder. If I want them to stay put, I use a little clear brow gel over the line I drew with the MAC colored gel brow liner

ChosenOne

Finally got around to trying out my DDB fluidline on my brows today. It looked better than I thought it would and I liked the application, but I was still unsure about if I liked it better than my usual Stud pencil. Then hubby came home, and as we sat down to have lunch, he looks at me kinda funny and goes, "Ohhh you stenciled your brows today, didn't you?" Normally when I do my brows (with Stud), he never even notices. In fact, he never knew I did anything to my brows at all until he saw me using my brow pencil one day. So the fact that the DDB was so noticeable to him tells me that Stud does in fact look more natural on me. Go figure.

Copperhead

Finally got around to trying out my DDB fluidline on my brows today. It looked better than I thought it would and I liked the application, but I was still unsure about if I liked it better than my usual Stud pencil. Then hubby came home, and as we sat down to have lunch, he looks at me kinda funny and goes, "Ohhh you stenciled your brows today, didn't you?" Normally when I do my brows (with Stud), he never even notices. In fact, he never knew I did anything to my brows at all until he saw me using my brow pencil one day. So the fact that the DDB was so noticeable to him tells me that Stud does in fact look more natural on me. Go figure.
How did you apply the fluidline? Did you 'draw' on the brow? Or did you do strokes? I pretty much apply the fluidline the way I do my Spiked pencil. Kind of in feathery strokes. I don't like my brows to look 'drawn on'. I just make sure to not apply too heavily. This is how I know the fluidline will last me a really long time. I do, though, get how the fluidlines can make the brows look more 'defined'. Not necessarily stenciled though unless too much is used.

I think it's
girlhaha.gif
that your hubby knows about stenciled brows.

ChosenOne

How did you apply the fluidline? Did you 'draw' on the brow? Or did you do strokes? I pretty much apply the fluidline the way I do my Spiked pencil. Kind of in feathery strokes. I don't like my brows to look 'drawn on'. I just make sure to not apply too heavily. This is how I know the fluidline will last me a really long time. I do, though, get how the fluidlines can make the brows look more 'defined'. Not necessarily stenciled though unless too much is used.

I think it's
girlhaha.gif
that your hubby knows about stenciled brows.
I applied it similarly to the way I use my pencil as well. I actually just defined the bottom of the brow in a few strokes (as I do with my pencil), then used the brush to pull the product up into the rest of the brow. Then I touched up spots where it looked like the product didn't quite reach, using the same light and short strokes I do with my brow pencil. I thought it actually looked a little LESS defined the way I did it with the fluidline than it sometimes looks when I use the pencil. Since it was my first time using the brow fluidline, I didn't want to overdo it. Hubby said the gel looked lighter than my natural brows, so that was what made it look weird to him. And since the lighter color was most noticeable at the edges of my brows (where there's less hair for it to blend with), he said it looked kind of like when paper gets wet and the ink on the page bleeds so that the edges of the letters are lighter and fuzzier than the center, lol. I could fix that to an extent with a sharper application of the product, but that won't help it look more natural, and it definitely won't help the fact that it's just too light compared to my natural brow hair.

Every now and then, hubby says something like "stenciled brows" and I know he's been paying attention when I talk
girlhaha.gif

califabulous

I suck at applying DDB. It's so bad that using spiked is now a challenge. My brow progress is nil. Lol I might actually practice tonight b/c I do happen to like DDB

MissTT

I suck at applying DDB. It's so bad that using spiked is now a challenge. My brow progress is nil. Lol I might actually practice tonight b/c I do happen to like DDB
You sound like me LOL I like natural looking brows so putting stuff on them feels like
graucho.gif
. My guy came home when I was trying to learn how to use it and he told me to take it off my brow b/c he couldn't hold a conversation with me. I looked cray. Was trying to follow some Youtube video, but a lot of people there have super prominent brows.