MAC The Stylish Brow Collection Discussion (December 2012)

erine1881

I am dying to see Dirty Blonde swatches! Do you know of any links to swatches?
My box JUST came. I'm checking ti make sure everything is there, and i'll post a swatch if dirty blonde!
I'm going to see how I like it after a week's wear. I'm trying to minimize the amount of backups I have, because it's getting way out of hand! lol
You're telling me!
Don't tell me that! :( now you are making me want more! @erine1881, that bu is coming sooner than I thought lol

erine1881

2ef908e7_image.jpeg
Dirty blonde
5aaebff9_image.jpeg
Lingering compared to dirty blonde

Monsy

i already asked but no one answered... if i use lingering, which one should i order from veluxe brow lines?

Monsy

this is what I got as the answer on mac live chat"

. I recommend using shade Strawberry Blone to best match the shade Lingering.

no way, too light.

lilinah

Quote: Originally Posted by Monsy
... are these permanent?

The 5 Veluxe Brow Liner Pencils are Permanent.

However, the 3 Brow Duos and the 3 Fluidline Brow Gelcremes are Limited Edition.

I'm skipping the Blonde duo (Omega & Soba), since i have a pot of Omega ("Soft muted beige-taupe (Matte)"), which is what i use, and it looks like it will last a looong time. I'll check out Soba ("Golden brown with gold shimmer (Satin)") and see if i like it.

I will get Dirty Blonde Fluidline ("Soft taupe brown"), since the other two look too dark for me.

I still have to test some pencils - i may head down to the shop today. I'm sure Strawberry Blonde ("Soft muted beige-taupe") will work, but, well, i always like to look at other colors. In my quickie test Redhead looked too dark for me, however. Still, i need to take a peek at Brunette which MAC says is "Muted mid-tone grey".

Yazmin

Skipping the brow duos since they are shadows from the permanent line. I'm going to create my own palette with the pans.

erine1881

Skipping the brow duos since they are shadows from the permanent line. I'm going to create my own palette with the pans.
Yeah, i don't get why they'd do that. They should've remade these, or brought back the old brow shaders, with different, non-perm colours, and made them perm. As far as the colour choices they did use, i don't much like the pairings. I have gone with different colours, and included a fourth set.

Hemons

I go the fluid line brow today in dirty blonde. I really like it! Great staying power. Use with an angled brush and then brush through when you're done and it's great. I'll be using this exclusively from now on I think. Love it!!

Icecaramellatte

I figured I could skip the 208 brush as I already have a Mac angled brush # 22. I decided to google a picture of it to see how it compared to 208. Well, I can't even find a pic of the 22. I guess it really is old. Could I have bought it before the Internet was born?

Audrey C

Hm. I've never done anything to my brows because they're full enough on their own. My hair is coloured auburn now though and my brows are their natural colour (medium-dark brown). I've been wondering what to use to make the colour difference less noticeable. I was considering Redhead, but after seeing T's swatches I'm not sure that's the right colour either. Any suggestions?

kimbunney

Did anyone get the concealer palettes? I'm trying to decide which one I need I want it for highlighting but can it also be used for hiding spots and dark circles?

MACGirl13

Dirty Blond will be mine. Temptalia did her review this AM and gave them a grade of A plus. Here is her review: Ooh–I really like these. They have the same consistency and feel of MAC’s Fluidlines, which is a fantastic formula. It’s creamy, pigmented, smooth, and it sets efficiently–not so quick that you have no time to fix mistakes, blend, or the like, but not so long that it has time to move around. I used Deep Dark Brunette to fill in my brow using the 208 (which is the brush promoted with this launch), and it was lovely. The creamy consistency allowed for a really crisp line and edge along the upper and lower edges of the brow. The color wasn’t too harsh against my skin tone and with my brow color, so on dark brown (with a bit of black) brows, it’s an appropriate color. All three shades had incredible pigmentation; the color payoff in a single pass was opaque and didn’t skip or drag. When I tested the shade closest to my brow color, it lasted all day long. I had no problem getting a full eight hours of wear, and even after twelve hours, 90% of it remained. Mere water did not smudge or cause it to run, either, so it holds up to the waterproof claim as well. I will be curious to see how suitable Dirty Blonde and Redhead are for those with lighter brows. I wish this formula was permanent, and I could see a few more shades being added to round it out more.

Monsy

Did anyone get the concealer palettes? I'm trying to decide which one I need I want it for highlighting but can it also be used for hiding spots and dark circles?
there is separate thread for these
http://www.specktra.net/t/181178/mac-studio-collection-december-2012

MACGirl13

Hm. I've never done anything to my brows because they're full enough on their own. My hair is coloured auburn now though and my brows are their natural colour (medium-dark brown). I've been wondering what to use to make the colour difference less noticeable. I was considering Redhead, but after seeing T's swatches I'm not sure that's the right colour either. Any suggestions?
Audrey, I have medium dark brown brows and my natural hair color is a level 7 which is dirty blond, but I have Carmel and copper highlights with hazel eyes. I was thinking of the dirty blond for mine and I have NW20 skin tone.