MAC The Stylish Brow Collection Discussion (December 2012)

Mac-Guy

DAMN this is out this week too???????

oh lordy lordy.
mac_atemywallet.gif
It was first scheduled for January and then moved up to 12/26. International release should still be Jan though.

Monsy

I use Lingering and really love it! i recently got Beguile and like it a lot too. I was wondering if I use these two shades which Velux brow liner would work for me? Brunette?

Ladychris11

Aaah! I hope Nordies wouldget these already! I want Dirty Blonde fluidline and I feel that it would easily go out of stock. I'll he out on the 27th though. :( they must realease it!

erine1881

Aaah! I hope Nordies wouldget these already! I want Dirty Blonde fluidline and I feel that it would easily go out of stock. I'll he out on the 27th though. :( they must realease it!
I bought dirty blonde too! I cant wait to try it! I wish there was a better colour selection tho. I feel redhead is more suitable for blondes, not very redhead enough.

Ladychris11

^ yes I felt that redhead was a bit dark, too! Some were even leaning orange, and the powders.. Meh. I have dark brown hair and am pale, my brows are also thick and they're black, so deep dark brunette fluidline would also work just in case I couldn't get Dirty Blonde. :p

luvlydee

I already use brun eyeshadow for my brows but now im wondering about coquette since its part of that duo. Anyone knows if coquette is worth getting for c6 face&body skintone?? Im not interested alot about this collection only because i have a set routine for my brows and no point in venturing off tryinf something thats is limited edition

erine1881

^ yes I felt that redhead was a bit dark, too! Some were even leaning orange, and the powders.. Meh. I have dark brown hair and am pale, my brows are also thick and they're black, so deep dark brunette fluidline would also work just in case I couldn't get Dirty Blonde. :p
I'd put you in the brunette for sure!
I already use brun eyeshadow for my brows but now im wondering about coquette since its part of that duo. Anyone knows if coquette is worth getting for c6 face&body skintone?? Im not interested alot about this collection only because i have a set routine for my brows and no point in venturing off tryinf something thats is limited edition
Brow colour has nothing to do with your skin tone, and everything to do with your hair colour.

TheLadyDanger

I have both Brun and Coquette and the latter is lighter. Both are cool enough to suit my dark brown/jet black hair, but I prefer Coquette as I have more control depending if I want a soft and subtle or strong brow. I hope this helps!

luvlydee

I have both Brun and Coquette and the latter is lighter. Both are cool enough to suit my dark brown/jet black hair, but I prefer Coquette as I have more control depending if I want a soft and subtle or strong brow. I hope this helps!
Thanks! I might give it a try. I naturally have really dark brown hair but i have a few hairs that are light
Brow colour has nothing to do with your skin tone, and everything to do with your hair colour.
Yea i know but sometimes i feel the color of my skin changes how a product would look like. (Like a shadow would look way different on my lids than it would on someone lighter) if that makes any sense. So i just threw my skintone out there just in case

califabulous

I need some help. I currently used spiked pencil and I am only now getting the hang of penciling in my brows. I like spiked but it seems to run out so fast...even after the mua showed me how to outline the bottom and use a slanted brush to bring the color into the brow. So what should I get? deep brunette fluid line? sounds scary and messy! I have the idea in my head that powder disappears -I think that would be especially true since I am super oily above my brow. any tips? and what about brushes?208 or 266? i heard the 266 is the best....i use a SK spoolie or my Ecotools slanted brush now.
SOS.gif

erine1881

I need some help.  I currently used spiked pencil and I am only now getting the hang of penciling in my brows.  I like spiked but it seems to run out so fast...even after the mua showed me how to outline the bottom and use a slanted brush to bring the color into the brow.  So what should I get? deep brunette fluid line?  sounds scary and messy!  I have the idea in my head that powder disappears -I think that would be especially true since I am super oily above my brow.  any tips?  and what about brushes?208 or 266? i heard the 266 is the best....i use a SK spoolie or my Ecotools slanted brush now. :help:
If you use spiked now I'd go with the deep brunette. My lingering lasts well over 2 months, so that's weird that yours runs out so fast. As for the brush, the 208 is best for brows. As it is a brow brush, the hairs are a bit stiffer, which allows the product to reach the skin, rather than it sitter on top of the hairs. The 266 is best suited for eye liner as it bends a bit more and hugs the lid. Same for the 263.

califabulous

If you use spiked now I'd go with the deep brunette. My lingering lasts well over 2 months, so that's weird that yours runs out so fast. As for the brush, the 208 is best for brows. As it is a brow brush, the hairs are a bit stiffer, which allows the product to reach the skin, rather than it sitter on top of the hairs. The 266 is best suited for eye liner as it bends a bit more and hugs the lid. Same for the 263.
thanks! LOL
girlhaha.gif
2 months is long? ok I don't know how long I expected it to last. i think that's about right for me also. I know in the past i have used too much product on the brow, brushed it all away with the spoolie then do it all again until some product sticks! I've gotten a little better at it now...

martiangurll

Do these fluidlines last all day in the brows? And which would be the best to get something similar to Fling? or Lingering? Looking for a light, ashy brown...

erine1881

thanks! LOL :haha: 2 months is long? ok I don't know how long I expected it to last. i think that's about right for me also.  I know in the past i have used too much product on the brow, brushed it all away with the spoolie then do it all again until some product sticks! I've gotten a little better at it now...
It may be longer than 2 months. I never pay attention to how long my stuff lasts.
Do these fluidlines last all day in the brows?  And which would be the best to get something similar to Fling?  or Lingering?  Looking for a light, ashy brown...
They do. Water-, smudge- and sweat-proof. Go with dirty blonde. I got dirty blonde and i use lingering.

GucciGirl

I ordered the deep dark brunette as well as the redhead. I like using the concealer trick and because I am a product whore I also picked up the medium deep concealer palette. I ordered the 208 brush as well. Just to complete the eye I threw in the extra dimension mascara which I fell in love with when I tried it on in the store.

lilinah

Yesterday, in anticipation of the Fluidlines in the Stylish Brow collection, i tried a little Maybelline Color Tattoo Tough as Taupe (matte) in my brows. And, whoa! that was WAAAAY too dark. While I naturally have dark brown hair with slight auburn highlights, my natural brows are rather thin, and dark brow color does not look good on me - makes me look like a Neanderthal whose forehead is caving down into the rest of my face (and i do not have a protruding brow).

The Brow Collection was not out for sale yet at my local MAC, but they had it in the back room to test. I was picking up my Strength and Apres Chic orders plus a CP, and it's the after-holiday crunch. So i couldn't spend too much time and didn't really give it a proper test, just swiped two pencils on my hand and a tiny dab of Dirty Blonde Fluidline. The pencils seemed a little hard, but maybe they were just a little cold. On the other hand, the Brow Fluidline seemed softer than the usual. I'll go back for a real test in my brows in a few days.

But i would say, from looking at the products and my slight test, i'll be getting Blonde stuff, whichever i go for, pencil, powder, or Fluidline. EDIT: I normally wear Omega in my brows, so i guess i don't need the powder duo - i can just test Soba and get it if i like it...

erine1881

Yesterday, in anticipation of the Fluidlines in the Stylish Brow collection, i tried a little Maybelline Color Tattoo Tough as Taupe (matte) in my brows. And, whoa! that was WAAAAY too dark. While I naturally have dark brown hair with slight auburn highlights, my natural brows are rather thin, and dark brow color does not look good on me - makes me look like a Neanderthal whose forehead is caving down into the rest of my face. The Brow Collection was not out for sale yet at my local MAC, but they had it in the back room to test. I was picking up my Strength and Apres Chic orders plus a CP, and it's the after-holiday crunch. So i couldn't spend too much time and didn't really give it a proper test, just swiped two pencils on my hand and a tiny dab of Dirty Blonde Fluidline. The pencils seemed a little hard, but maybe they were just a little cold. On the other hand, the Brow Fluidline seemed softer than the usual. I'll go back for a real test in my brows in a few days. But i would say, from looking at the products and my slight test, i'll be getting Blonde stuff, whichever i go for, pencil, powder, or Fluidline.
It must still launch instore on jan 10th. They must have just launched it online monday along with everything else, rather than waiting another week for the usual online launch date.