MAC Tropical Taboo Collection (2013)

singer82

Oooo that blue lip liner! Should make pinky purples lean more on the purple side! Yay! Well, depends on how strong the silver is.

Honi

Exotic ember sounds so gorgeous, but it would probably look atrocious on my NW10 skin :-/ Not many coppery orange blushes look good on me.

Jennifae

Specktra Bestie
Are the Mineralize Lipsticks worth the $22? Are they that much better than the $15 ones?
th_confused_new.gif

kissy89

Are the Mineralize Lipsticks worth the $22? Are they that much better than the $15 ones?
th_confused_new.gif
I personally dont like the new mineralize lipsticks. I think they feel almost like a frost, not much color payoff, but dont take my word for it, because I only have one. But that will be the last one I purchase, plus the packaging is chunky and bulky... Im weird like that, I wont buy a lipstick if I dont like the packaging lol

Jennifae

Specktra Bestie
I personally dont like the new mineralize lipsticks. I think they feel almost like a frost, not much color payoff, but dont take my word for it, because I only have one. But that will be the last one I purchase, plus the packaging is chunky and bulky... Im weird like that, I wont buy a lipstick if I dont like the packaging lol
Thanks! You just saved me some $$$. I still have a lot of perm lipsticks on my very long wishlist.
mac_wishlist.gif

kissy89

Thanks! You just saved me some $$$. I still have a lot of perm lipsticks on my very long wishlist.
mac_wishlist.gif
I think you should go to a MAC store to try one on though, because you may like it. It just wasnt for me, actually hate it so much that Im thinking of B2M it. Im fairly new to MAC but I have quickly realized that my favorite finish has to be amplified and creamsheen, frost is my least favorite so maybe thats why I dont care for the mineralize lippies.

MissTT

Quote: Originally Posted by jennifae
th_confused_new.gif

I have Style Surge and I would say no. I like the way it feels on my lips (moisturizing), but it makes my lips look crepey and full of lines. I've even tried it with Prep + Prime and it still seems to sink into lines. Maybe it's too creamy? I don't know most of my lipsticks are mattes.

Jennifae

Specktra Bestie
I have Style Surge and I would say no. I like the way it feels on my lips (moisturizing), but it makes my lips look crepey and full of lines. I've even tried it with Prep + Prime and it still seems to sink into lines. Maybe it's too creamy? I don't know most of my lipsticks are mattes.
I'll pass then. I don't need crepey looking lips. Money saved. Thanks, MissTT!

erine1881

Are the Mineralize Lipsticks worth the $22?  Are they that much better than the $15 ones?  :???:
I vote no as well. I played with the tube last week, and even tho the lid has a magnetic closure, the magnet doesn't seem very strong. I feel like it'd easily come open if tossed in your purse.

Jennifae

Specktra Bestie
I vote no as well. I played with the tube last week, and even tho the lid has a magnetic closure, the magnet doesn't seem very strong. I feel like it'd easily come open if tossed in your purse.
Thanks, Erine! Always appreciate your input. :)

Jennifae

Specktra Bestie
My (short) list for now:

Fever Isle – Bright red coral
Narcissus – Mid-tone eggplant (BU)
Hip ‘n’ Happy – Mid-tone blue pink
Have to Have It – Soft warm beige

Maybe (depending on review and swatches):

Sweet Samba –Dark pink with tan pearlized pigments
Exotic Ember – Orange with bronze pearlized pigments
Simmer- Burnt rose with peach/gold pearlized pigments
Adored – Coral with light beige pearlized pigments
Rio – Bronze with bright pink pearlized pigments
Lust – Pale pink with cranberry pearlized pigments

Debbs

I am hoping Lust MSF looks like Star Wonder (I just looked at mine, BNIB). If it does I would be so happy. Mac descriptions can sometimes work in my favor!!!

erine1881

I am hoping Lust MSF looks like Star Wonder (I just looked at mine, BNIB). If it does I would be so happy. Mac descriptions can sometimes work in my favor!!!
:nope: There's no purple in lust. Oh, and my source said these aren't swirled/marbled.

Michelemu21

Glad I never bought any of those...they don't sound appealing. I wonder what the design of the msfs will be. The last two years they have tried some interesting themes.